When Miami smashes Clemson in the ACC Title Game...

There's a vast difference between saying our team will suck *** and saying Miami smashing clemson in the acccg is a dream. Clemson is a playoff team, Miami got shut out by latech. losses to FIU and GT last year are massive gaffs. You'll just have to excuse me for laughing when someone say Miami will SMASH clemson in a game. It's kinda like the same stupid **** as 'we want Bama in our bowl game!!' last year. Feel free to @ me in November. I can be optimistic and still laugh at saying Miami will smash clemson.

Advertisement
There's a vast difference between saying our team will suck *** and saying Miami smashing clemson in the acccg is a dream. Clemson is a playoff team, Miami got shut out by latech. losses to FIU and GT last year are massive gaffs. You'll just have to excuse me for laughing when someone say Miami will SMASH clemson in a game. It's kinda like the same stupid **** as 'we want Bama in our bowl game!!' last year. Feel free to @ me in November. I can be optimistic and still laugh at saying Miami will smash clemson.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a lot of fans who legitimately think Miami is going to smash Clemson. I mean you can be optimistic AND realistic.

I mean look, I’m realistic and I understand football but there’s people here who literally ONLY crap on the team, coaches, admins and everything involved with the program. If you’re soooo positive the program is garbage and will never be good, why bother being a fan? I mean off season optimism is a part of every fan base. There’s legitimate reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season. The whole “we were optimistic before and it backfired” idea is ridiculous because circumstances, players and coaches are changing. It’s like saying “I had a 1974 Chevy Nova and it was a piece of crap so why should I assume any car I ever buy won’t be a piece of crap too”

+100. These low IQ individuals don't even understand that CFB as a whole is predicated around parity & turnover. Smh

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a lot of fans who legitimately think Miami is going to smash Clemson. I mean you can be optimistic AND realistic.
This is what I'm saying. It seems like some of us who are being realistic are being called massive mopes. I don't think one is the same as the other in this case.

+100. These low IQ individuals don't even understand the entire sport of CFB is predicated around parity & turnover. Smh
I could get that attitude under Golden when he kept bringing back the same failed coaches and their failure scheme but getting rid of things that don’t work and replacing them with things that (hopefully) do work is an important part of running a team.

Advertisement
I think you can make the argument that no team had more of transformative offseason (for the positive) than Miami.

Had the Hurricanes not made fundamental changes, and prior to the King et al transferring in, I had posted my prediction back in December that Miami would go 4-8 this season and average 13.5 points per game.
I'm still skeptical need games to see with my eyeballs.......with him even hiring Enos and having a presser about modern offense to me all the talking is bs. I do like the hire I did like the Enos hire but it's not my job to hire so we will find out. In terms of him hiring I have zero hope especially with what dee said in that other thread.....his hiring skills are toilet water. I do like Lash though so time will tell....excited to see King and Knighton the most. I think the D takes a step back this year and the offense may take a step forward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Living in Austin, I've seen firsthand how a program can fall off and how difficult it can be - even with nearly unlimited resources - to bring it back.

The Longhorns trended downward from 2010 - 2014 under Mack Brown. Lacking an NFL-level quarterback like Vince Young and Colt McCoy, and facing programs on the rise such as Baylor and Oklahoma State, UT had challenges that they had never faced before and went into decline. Charlie Strong was brought in and with great hype, and his tenure closed three years later with a catastrophic loss to Kansas State. Tom Herman was then brought in with great acclaim, and three years later a very talented Longhorns team went only 8-5.

Bringing in a Nick Saban or Urban Meyer to instantly turn around a program is an exception.
It is a TX head scratcher isn't?

They have essentially unlimited resources and can't get even close to the prize year after year.

cOCxyX1af3Psk.gif

Goes to show you organizational leadership is critical.

Last edited:
It is a TX head scratcher isn't?

They have essentially unlimited resources and can't get even close to the prize year after year.

View attachment 118676

Goes to show you organizational leadership is critical.
Miami Hurricanes (2010 - 2019): 75 wins
Texas Longhorns (2010 - 2019): 71 wins

Or let's drill down to the last 3 years:
Miami Hurricanes: 23
Texas Longhorns: 25

Advertisement
This. X5.
I get it, but I am truly excited for what CMD did this offseason to course correct. If you had plunked Saban, or Meyers (and did not give them ten million in enhanced recruiting to utilize), I don’t think that they would have done any better in fixing the problems. From my perspective, he appears to have maxed out what could realistically be done to set the stage for a turnaround.
As for Clemson, if we get there I would concede nothing to the Tigers.

I get it, but I am truly excited for what CMD did this offseason to course correct. If you had plunked Saban, or Meyers (and did not give them ten million in enhanced recruiting to utilize), I don’t think that they would have done any better in fixing the problems. From my perspective, he appears to have maxed out what could realistically be done to set the stage for a turnaround.
As for Clemson, if we get there I would concede nothing to the Tigers.
Meyer and Saban wake up in the a.m and collectively wipe their ***'s with Lispy....Ten million or not.....

I'm still skeptical need games to see with my eyeballs.......with him even hiring Enos and having a presser about modern offense to me all the talking is bs. I do like the hire I did like the Enos hire but it's not my job to hire so we will find out. In terms of him hiring I have zero hope especially with what dee said in that other thread.....his hiring skills are toilet water. I do like Lash though so time will tell....excited to see King and Knighton the most. I think the D takes a step back this year and the offense may take a step forward.

Reasonable take. I’m a lot more confident in the Lashlee hire than the Enos hire. We know what we’re getting with Lashlee. With Enos, it was a mystery. He was immediately grilled by media about what type of offense he was going to run because fans have been beating the spread drum for a while and he said “spread coast”. It sounded great. But it was really just his outdated Arkansas playbook with a U sticker slapped on the cover. When they broke the huddle for that first play in Orlando and Jarren went under center, I knew we had been had.

Advertisement
Back