Coaching When is Manuela Released?

When Is Manuela Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I were running the show I'd fire Manny on the Monday after the Duke game. At this point he's nothing more than a disruptive force in our attempts to move on. To play wait and see on something that clearly needs to happen is foolish thing to do. Cut the cord as soon as possible and work round the clock to hire an excellent AD who then can assemble HIS team. Will recruiting take a hit? Probably, but with Manny's track record at recruiting it probably will be minimal damage. If we can't get what we want from the 305 then we look outside the area. Ideally a new AD, who has ties in other parts of the country, would be a boon to recruiting.
If I was running the show I'd fire Manny Diaz right now.

Advertisement
After the buyout drops, regardless of the AD situation.

Is there any benefit to firing Manny on Monday, at a higher cost? Will that save the recruiting class? Is there a HC candidate that needs a offer on Monday, or no deal? Does it impact a meaningless bowl game?

The only positive is we here on CIS feel better.
Well who knows where we stand with Cristobal. It looks like Ole Miss are positioning themselves to retain Kiffin - it gets awks for Lane if he's all "Oh thanks for the significant pay rise, can I sleep on it..... for like a month?"

Advertisement
No inside info (duh!), but pure logic says we will have a new AD in place next week, and the new AD will "officially" make the decision, and they are not going to make it on day one, so it will be later than what most folks not employed or in debt to Manny Sr. want.
Exactly. Manny's buyout drops on Wed 12/1. The ideal would be to have AD announced on Monday and Manny let go on Wednesday.

Well who knows where we stand with Cristobal. It looks like Ole Miss are positioning themselves to retain Kiffin - it gets awks for Lane if he's all "Oh thanks for the significant pay rise, can I sleep on it..... for like a month?"
I am not advocating waiting a month. I would fire Manny the day his buyout drops, Wednesday, AD or no AD.

The new AD will hire the new HC. Lane Kiffin doesn’t factor into the equation unless there have been back channel discussions between the AD search firm, prospect AD candidates, and Kiffin’s representatives. Same with Mario, although we presume there has been some communication.

Advertisement
I know we are not a fan of Manny, lol. But if I’m him, it’s no way I’m sticking around until end of December, missing possibly getting at least a DC job somewhere else and living with the BS over my head. I’d probably tell them to go ahead and fire me.

Hopefully he forces their hand and he’s out! Wishful thinking lol

I am not advocating waiting a month. I would fire Manny the day his buyout drops, Wednesday, AD or no AD.

The new AD will hire the new HC. Lane Kiffin doesn’t factor into the equation unless there have been back channel discussions between the AD search firm, prospect AD candidates, and Kiffin’s representatives. Same with Mario, although we presume there has been some communication.
You're kidding yourself.

The people that got the new AD hired want Cristobal. That's going to be part of the agreement - if you want to be the AD here then Cristobal is your Football HC.

If Cristobal turns us down then that throws the cat among the pigeons.

You're kidding yourself.

The people that got the new AD hired want Cristobal. That's going to be part of the agreement - if you want to be the AD here then Cristobal is your Football HC.

If the new AD is not strong enough to make his own choice do we really want him as AD. Not disputing what you said. Just my thoughts

I haven’t heard anything but I would look out for black Monday after bowl season.

Advertisement
You're kidding yourself.

Of course, that‘s why I stated Lane does not factor into the equation. We know Mario is the target HC, and the new AD will ‘hire’ him. And yes, we presume this has all been pre-arranged, pending Mario agreeing.

They should fire him the second he steps off the plane at RDU today and let Jess coach the game. He can use his buyout money to buy a ticket to the game and get a plane home.

I know we are not a fan of Manny, lol. But if I’m him, it’s no way I’m sticking around until end of December, missing possibly getting at least a DC job somewhere else and living with the BS over my head. I’d probably tell them to go ahead and fire me.

Hopefully he forces their hand and he’s out! Wishful thinking lol
This isn't being talked about more. Louisiana Tech just fired Skip Holtz and Manny coached there after he got fired at Texas. If Dan Mullen lands somewhere else, does he ask Manny to be his DC? FIU and USF have HC and DC openings respectively. Lot of options out there and him negotiating a separation, given how toxic the situation is right now, looks a heck of a lot better on his resume than being canned.

Advertisement
This isn't being talked about more. Louisiana Tech just fired Skip Holtz and Manny coached there after he got fired at Texas. If Dan Mullen lands somewhere else, does he ask Manny to be his DC? FIU and USF have HC and DC openings respectively. Lot of options out there and him negotiating a separation, given how toxic the situation is right now, looks a heck of a lot better on his resume than being canned.
All I'm saying is that $2.5m they save by firing him on Wednesday better be ******* penciled in for a battery of analysts.

If the new AD is not strong enough to make his own choice do we really want him as AD. Not disputing what you said. Just my thoughts
Why presume the new AD would not want Mario?

Let’s say Jurich is hired. Do you think he’s going to show up Day 1 and think ‘We’ll, I guess I should starting looking for a new football HC. Let‘s hire a search firm…where‘s my Rolodex?“

No.

Jurich would be well aware of who the available coaches are, who might be interested in the Miami job, and who wouldn’t be. Plenty of back channel talks would have been made. Negotiations, perhaps.

And if Mario is the pre-determined HC but Jurich didn’t like him, Jurich wouldn’t accept the AD position.

Advertisement
Back