Coaching When is Manuela Released?

When Is Manuela Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I voted Sunday. After thinking about it, I’m sure he’ll be here until we get a new AD. whenever that will be

leave him GIF

I have this uneasy feeling in my stomach... Hoping for next week but realistically not before the new AD is introduced.

Advertisement
My guess is the AD search won't be completed for another week or two, and at that point they will probably just wait until after signing day. I could even see him coaching the bowl game depending on how late in December it is.

I don't know when the buyout reduction thresholds are for Manny or anyone we are after but I think those may have some timing implications if they are significant.

The wildcard for me is if the admin gets the sense that Mario is seriously entertaining an offer from one of the openings that spurs us to get off our *** on this.

It seems that this is probably unlikely until an AD is brought on. Of course my preference would be just burn it down completely and let the AD create the football program in his image from a completely blank slate - I realize there is as close to zero chance of this happening as there could possibly be. Unfortunately.

I think we’re probably waiting until mid December when an AD hire is announced, so that the AD can be the one to make the announcement. Then…axe.

Advertisement
Are they seriously going to hire an AD, and the first order of business is, he cans Manny? Will Frenk fire a native son with political ties that goes 7/5 and earns a bowl bid? If Miami can’t reel in one of the two big fish on their board, then what? Another ho-hum coach and a five year rebuild? “Another fine mess.…”

Frenk cans him after the buyout drops, names interim. AD search ongoing.

I bet my Stepfather $10 he would be fired before NSD.

I also bet him $10 that Mario would be our next coach.

Advertisement
I think it will happen after a new AD is in place. I’m guessing the week of December 6th.

No inside info (duh!), but pure logic says we will have a new AD in place next week, and the new AD will "officially" make the decision, and they are not going to make it on day one, so it will be later than what most folks not employed or in debt to Manny Sr. want.

If I were running the show I'd fire Manny on the Monday after the Duke game. At this point he's nothing more than a disruptive force in our attempts to move on. To play wait and see on something that clearly needs to happen is foolish thing to do. Cut the cord as soon as possible and work round the clock to hire an excellent AD who then can assemble HIS team. Will recruiting take a hit? Probably, but with Manny's track record at recruiting it probably will be minimal damage. If we can't get what we want from the 305 then we look outside the area. Ideally a new AD, who has ties in other parts of the country, would be a boon to recruiting.

Advertisement
After the buyout drops, regardless of the AD situation.

Is there any benefit to firing Manny on Monday, at a higher cost? Will that save the recruiting class? Is there a HC candidate that needs a offer on Monday, or no deal? Does it impact a meaningless bowl game?

The only positive is we here on CIS feel better.

If they don’t fire him immediately after his buyout drops they are making a big mistake. Any time you leave someone around who thinks they are getting fired it only creates a terrible situation for everyone involved. Rip the bandaid off and figure it out from there.

Advertisement
Back