Coaching When is Manuela Released?

When Is Manuela Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Anything past Wednesday (when the buyout drops) would be a massive, massive failure. They need to end this **** once and for all. You don't need a new AD involved, that line of thinking makes no sense.
AD.jpg

IMHO, early signing day has moved up the decision date on most hot seat coaches, especially hot seat coaches (like CMD) with the #60 ranked recruiting class. CMD’s failure at recruiting this season, his failure to develop players, and record at Miami in comparison to his predecessors, suggests that he isn’t worth keeping

Shannon 28-22
Golden 32-25
CMR 26-13 - bowl win and Orange Bowl appearance
CMD 20-15

Mario or Lane hire will move that recruiting ranking up immediately. The sooner the better

Sunday morning, latest.

Golden was fired the Sunday morning after Clemson pounded him 58-0. Shannon was fired hours after an overtime season-ending loss to South Florida—the Saturday of a Thanksgiving weekend.

Larry Coker was let go a Friday morning, after a Thanksgiving night regular season finale at home against Boston College.

There is no reason Diaz should still have a job by Monday. The regular season will be in the books and any interim head coach can run the show for the bowl game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The longer we wait the less desirables candidates will be available
That's true only if our leadership is not having behind the scenes conversations with the key parties, which it seems is happening.

Again, unless I'm remembering incorrectly (and the tryptophan from yesterday's turkey may be playing a part in my memory), I think the school saves $2mm for simply waiting until Dec. 1st.

Manny should have been fired 2 months ago, but since they didn't do that and we have less than a week before the 1st, and I believe the chatter about "unofficial talks" happening between the major significant parties in play for HC/AD, then we they should either wait until Wednesday OR, have a conversation with Diaz about announcing after Duke.

Honestly, with all of the reported Diaz shills in the BOT's (assuming any of that is true), they may just either choose to pay the $2mm out of severance, or negotiate some other number with Diaz so as not to have a tumultuous ending to his tenure.

Either way, the only other scenario where Manny makes it past Dec. 1st, is if we haven't named our AD by then, because they want the AD to deal with Manny.

There is NOT a scenario where they should consider Manny for a second to return for another year. They would do nearly irreparable (or at least long term) damage to the team and university at large. No way they bring him back, but now the question is when, how much and how graceful is his exit?

That's true only if our leadership is not having behind the scenes conversations with the key parties, which it seems is happening.

Again, unless I'm remembering incorrectly (and the tryptophan from yesterday's turkey may be playing a part in my memory), I think the school saves $2mm for simply waiting until Dec. 1st.

Manny should have been fired 2 months ago, but since they didn't do that and we have less than a week before the 1st, and I believe the chatter about "unofficial talks" happening between the major significant parties in play for HC/AD, then we they should either wait until Wednesday OR, have a conversation with Diaz about announcing after Duke.

Honestly, with all of the reported Diaz shills in the BOT's (assuming any of that is true), they may just either choose to pay the $2mm out of severance, or negotiate some other number with Diaz so as not to have a tumultuous ending to his tenure.

Either way, the only other scenario where Manny makes it past Dec. 1st, is if we haven't named our AD by then, because they want the AD to deal with Manny.

There is NOT a scenario where they should consider Manny for a second to return for another year. They would do nearly irreparable (or at least long term) damage to the team and university at large. No way they bring him back, but now the question is when, how much and how graceful is his exit?
They will hire a new AD on Monday and fire Diaz on Wednesday.

At least thats how I would do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why presume the new AD would not want Mario?

Let’s say Jurich is hired. Do you think he’s going to show up Day 1 and think ‘We’ll, I guess I should starting looking for a new football HC. Let‘s hire a search firm…where‘s my Rolodex?“

No.

Jurich would be well aware of who the available coaches are, who might be interested in the Miami job, and who wouldn’t be. Plenty of back channel talks would have been made. Negotiations, perhaps.

And if Mario is the pre-determined HC but Jurich didn’t like him, Jurich wouldn’t accept the AD position.
I presumed nothing. A strong AD would already have a short list in his pocket. All I was saying I do not believe a strong AD would come here already being dictated to. Coach is very important but strong AD even more important to long term success.

Advertisement
Back