When in State College

FrankSmokesDank

Formerly the Tank
JoePa knew!!! GO CANES!

D3E39CA8-6F33-4BCF-93B5-2D0B719C6C0B.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I spent 1 year out that way in junior college…

No offense to people on this board from PA, but I don’t know who in their right mind would want to live out there. Ped state is also a complete **** hole surrounded by nothing.

No offense to people on this board from PA, but I don’t know who in their right mind would want to live out there. Ped state is also a complete **** hole surrounded by nothing.
Surrounded by nothing is true. Nature is beautiful though. Not for everyone especially the Miami fans demographic. They are a god**** cult tho. PA is a great place to live if you enjoy being outdoors, forsure not for everyone

Surrounded by nothing is true. Nature is beautiful though. Not for everyone especially the Miami fans demographic. They are a god**** cult tho. PA is a great place to live if you enjoy being outdoors, forsure not for everyone
Both of you guys are right. PA is Philly and Pittsburgh and Pennsyltucky in-between but the state (in the right season) can really have beautiful nature. People tend to not realize how it's kind of the opposite of flat and the amount of natural color you can see in the incessant changes in elevation can be very unique.

Wayyyy too many members of my family went to school at Pedo State. It's definitely a cult and the geographical isolation of State College only exacerbates it. It's almost hard to describe too because they're not really SEC cultists in that they don't have bizarre delusions of grandeur or spout conference pride but more like a religious cult in that they'll defend the place and the school to the death even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

As far as the actual school- it's a good school and they've made it much harder (relatively speaking) to get into so it's really only a "safety school" for kids either looking to go out of state or those applying to the Penns/Carnegie Mellons or maybe the Lehighs & Bucknells in-state.

And so concludes my trip back down Keystone State Lane. Pass me an Iron City with a Yuengling chaser.

Last edited:

Come on now, you know Pennsylvania chocolate is delicious and worth a visit. Especially during the colder months when you can take your time enjoying a large hot chocolate
03d03e4f7082430ae48e0674ea521da4.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
Both of you guys are right. PA is Philly and Pittsburgh and Pennsyltucky in-between but the state (in the right season) can really have beautiful nature. People tend to not realize how it's kind of the opposite of flat and the amount of natural color you can see in the incessant changes in elevation can be very unique.

Wayyyy too many members of my family went to school at Pedo State. It's definitely a cult and the geographical isolation of State College only exacerbates it. It's almost hard to describe too because they're not really SEC cultists in that they don't have bizarre delusions of grandeur or spout conference pride but more like a religious cult in that they'll defend the place and the school to the death even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

As far as the actual school- it's a good school and they've made it much harder (relatively speaking) to get into so it's really only a "safety school" for kids either looking to go out of state or those applying to the Penns/Carnegie Mellons or maybe the Lehighs & Bucknells in-state.

And so concludes my trip back down Keystone State Lane. Pass me an Iron City with a Yuengling chaser.
You hit the nail on the head. Penn State also has one of the best tech schools in the country. Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, thats my alma mater. It’s an affiliate, but both my degrees say PSU.

Advertisement
I live in PA and hate it with an unending passion. I'm an avid mountain biker and that is literally the only thing this hellhole is good for.

As soon as my oldest graduates high school we're getting the fvck out of Dodge. Nashville, Charleston, or the Keys.

I have more disdain for that school than I have for ND, Bama, FSU, Florida put together. I will never get over how they got off easy for letting a child molestor roam free. JoePa is just as big a maggot for sitting back with his arms folded.

Michigan State kept Larry Nassar on the payroll for 20 years.

Both Ohio State and Michigan paid hundreds of millions of dollars to try limit public relations damage from team doctors sexually abusing male athletes for decades.

Notre Dame had a booster club member embezzling seven figures in between getting passed around by players from Lou Holtz's football program.

Guarantee — just like Penn State — each of these schools and their fan bases would go on and on about corruption in Miami's football program

Was born in PA a long time ago. Was told, unconfirmed, that it was located in the geographic center of the state, which is nowhere.

Advertisement
I usually have a healthy respect for the greats of the game (player and coach), no matter the level of that they played or coached in. The State Penn **** made me see that some muhfuccas don’t deserve adoration… or even respect, for that matter. JoePa should have been drawn and quartered, for the **** that went on in his program while he was at the helm. Sooo I’m gonna say this, and I mean every single word. Fucc JoePa! Fucc his legacy! Fucc State Penn’s entire football program, Fucc Sandusky! And Fucc anybody that kept they mouth shut, knowing wtf was going on while, that POS was preying on and raping lil kids! Fucc the Nittany Lion, too! And if you wanna read something even more disturbing and sickening about that program… check out this article that I’m about to post. It’s pretty long, but it pull back the sheets on the people that have been running that **** stain of a program for the last 50yrs or so. Fucc em!

I usually have a healthy respect for the greats of the game (player and coach), no matter the level of that they played or coached in. The State Penn **** made me see that some muhfuccas don’t deserve adoration… or even respect, for that matter. JoePa should have been drawn and quartered, for the **** that went on in his program while he was at the helm. Sooo I’m gonna say this, and I mean every single word. Fucc JoePa! Fucc his legacy! Fucc State Penn’s entire football program, Fucc Sandusky! And Fucc anybody that kept they mouth shut, knowing wtf was going on while, that POS was preying on and raping lil kids! Fucc the Nittany Lion, too! And if you wanna read something even more disturbing and sickening about that program… check out this article that I’m about to post. It’s pretty long, but it pull back the sheets on the people that have been running that **** stain of a program for the last 50yrs or so. Fucc em!

Feel the exact same way.

I live in PA and hate it with an unending passion. I'm an avid mountain biker and that is literally the only thing this hellhole is good for.

As soon as my oldest graduates high school we're getting the fvck out of Dodge. Nashville, Charleston, or the Keys.
I'll meet you in Nashville, you don't want to live in SC.

Advertisement
Back