When do we Panic?

Advertisement
When do "we" panic?

All the time on this board.

When should we panic?

If Evan Neal doesn't sign with Miami then the class becomes good but not great. No other prospect can make or break this class, especially not Ladson or MJJ.

The Kaiir Elam recruitment (or lack thereof) is extremely frustrating but not worth panicking over. He should be the #1 CB target by a landslide.

I get what your saying but we’ve wait years and always say the same thing.

Tennessee, Oregon, A&M, Miss st. haven’t won **** and they all have better classes than us and are landing top targets

This also might not be a popular opinion but I think the class of '19 overall in the State of FL is a down year. Excluding IMG if you look at the rankings it is just not littered with FL talent like it typically is every year. Each of those schools you just named have zero highly ranked recruits from FL. So UM either has to go after guys in the State, or shoot their shot with OOS recruits.

Looking at the 247 composite, you have sanders and Smith in the top ten (both IMG) after that you have Ladson in the 20's (we recruited him so I will say miss) followed by Neal (TBD) and Dent (known for "shopping" around") Bogle at 59 (TBD) Rian (from apopka), Elam (not being recruited by us) Rique, MAR, and Payton all in the 70's, one committed chance we get all 3, Putnam (from TPA) and that is it for the top 100... What strategy do you propose?

Side note for those still reading and wanted the top 300 the list goes on for Cain, Dunmore, Hammond, Gant, Zipperer, Sorrells, Lucas, Tyler Davis, Sango, Battle, Eaford, Mcintosh, Solomon, Fuller, Nay'quan, Summerall, Mellusi, Couch, McCrae, Hunter, jaden Davis, Goolsby, Keontra Smith, Travis Jay,, Huff, Raymond Woodie, Tarquin.

Out of the rest of the FL guys, who on that list is keeping you up at night?

Advertisement
Average Player's!! Looking at the rankings again huh.. Ppl on here are star whores for sure, this the only reason ppl want to panic because their isn't enough 4 or 5 star recruits committed here.. I DOUBT THESE RANKINGS WILL CHANGE MUCH ON OUR CURRENT COMMITS, so I expect a lot more complaining later in the process.. 6 out of 16--4 star, That is a joke!! BUT fans on here don't see that, I GUARANTEE YOU'LL THAT'S WHY OTHER RECRUITS HAVEN'T RECRUITED YET, they don't want the rating to drop for being a Miami commit.. It's a trend for MIAMI, true fans understand it and we are over it, time for the rest to do the same!!
Most if not all of our commits have not changed stars. Someone recently said we had a few go up in the rankings, and a few go down. I see no real reason to believe that our commits drop in the rankings more than other teams on average. Just a bull**** excuse. Our on the field product the past several years has generally matched what our recruiting rankings suggested. We've had classes of average players under golden and Shannon.

Last edited:
I hope that before I die, we have recruiting like Texas used to have under Mack Brown-25 rock solid commits before the start of the season.*

*I do want them developed much better, but you get my point. Kids who dream of being here.......

I hope that before I die, we have recruiting like Texas used to have under Mack Brown-25 rock solid commits before the start of the season.*

*I do want them developed much better, but you get my point. Kids who dream of being here.......

That's basically what we had last year. Now half the board freaks out when it's not the norm.

It should be telling that the reference to such a dynamic is to a team/coach from over 5 years ago -- it's just not very common or realistic to be able to do year in and year out

Advertisement

I have the same dream but not with today’s SF culture. We can rattle off back to back NCs and the divas will still be divas.

I know there's still a long way to go until signing day but so far here's how we look for our top targets -

#1 QB Target - Michael Johnson - Trending to Penn State
#1 OT Target - Evan Neal - Trending to ALA or FSU
#1 OG Target - Dontae Lucas - Committed to FSU
#1 WR Target - Frank Ladson - Committed Clemson
#1 DE Target - Khris Bogle - Who knows but not a secure Miami lean at all
#1 CB Target - Akeem Dent - Committed to FSU
#1 Safety Target - Tyrique Stevenson - Flirting hard with UGA some would say leaning to them
#2 Safety Target - Jordan Battle - Committed to OSU
#1 DT Target - Tyler Davis - Leaning to OSU/Clemson

That's alot of FLA and SoFla talent to lose in a year when we just won 10 games for the first time in years

IMO if we don't see a chunk of these guys at Paradise, its a tell tale sign that we are behind in the recruitment

To answer the original subject line...NEVER.

We aren't the Gaytors.

The coaches need to react and respond, but NEVER PANIC.

We are Hurricanes. Have a little pride.

Because that winning thing is bs......that **** has been debunked like mythbusters for years and people still believe its about wins and losses.
How has it been debunked? **** is simple, recruits are attracted to powerhouse schools that win, wins = best coaching/staff, wins = National Coverage, National Coverage = Higher Draft Stock, if winning with the best schools/coaching staffs didn’t matter, why would these kids spend 3-4 years in Tuscaloosa? or Norman Oklahoma? & don’t say no BS like bag$, bag$ are only the sweetener but these kids moreso want to have “played under Nick Saban or Urban Meyer” on there resume.

Advertisement

Kids now days want the red carpet rolled out for them for as long as possible. Love the attention

Two of the top 4 recruiting teams weren’t even in the top 20 this time last year. Makes 0 sense to panic right now.

I know there's still a long way to go until signing day but so far here's how we look for our top targets -

#1 QB Target - Michael Johnson - Trending to Penn State
#1 OT Target - Evan Neal - Trending to ALA or FSU
#1 OG Target - Dontae Lucas - Committed to FSU
#1 WR Target - Frank Ladson - Committed Clemson
#1 DE Target - Khris Bogle - Who knows but not a secure Miami lean at all
#1 CB Target - Akeem Dent - Committed to FSU
#1 Safety Target - Tyrique Stevenson - Flirting hard with UGA some would say leaning to them
#2 Safety Target - Jordan Battle - Committed to OSU
#1 DT Target - Tyler Davis - Leaning to OSU/Clemson

That's alot of FLA and SoFla talent to lose in a year when we just won 10 games for the first time in years

IMO if we don't see a chunk of these guys at Paradise, its a tell tale sign that we are behind in the recruitment

this is spot on -- i agree 1000 percent

Advertisement
At some point some of these kids will look at the roster. We have a very young roster, the talent is in the underclassmen mostly. I don't think our record will have that much effect on it. We are gonna have a good season. I expect whomever we bring to be up to the standard regardless. Btw this should be a smaller class.

It’s July....the season hasn’t even started. If Miami loses 3-4 games then yea be concerned, they won’t get any of the top guys with that type of season.
I disagree. Direction is more important than wins to prospect. If they see good direction the think wins will follow

Advertisement
Back