When do we Panic?

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
I know there's still a long way to go until signing day but so far here's how we look for our top targets -

#1 QB Target - Michael Johnson - Trending to Penn State
#1 OT Target - Evan Neal - Trending to ALA or FSU
#1 OG Target - Dontae Lucas - Committed to FSU
#1 WR Target - Frank Ladson - Committed Clemson
#1 DE Target - Khris Bogle - Who knows but not a secure Miami lean at all
#1 CB Target - Akeem Dent - Committed to FSU
#1 Safety Target - Tyrique Stevenson - Flirting hard with UGA some would say leaning to them
#2 Safety Target - Jordan Battle - Committed to OSU
#1 DT Target - Tyler Davis - Leaning to OSU/Clemson

That's alot of FLA and SoFla talent to lose in a year when we just won 10 games for the first time in years

IMO if we don't see a chunk of these guys at Paradise, its a tell tale sign that we are behind in the recruitment

Advertisement
Have you been on CIS? The sky has been falling for months. If Noles and Gators wanted they could have great Canes Tears threads on their boards.

Also, Jeremiah Payton is/was absolutely the #1 WR target. Lucas . . . meh.

Everything else I can't really argue against

Advertisement
People need to accept that last year was an anomaly in terms of timing. We had almost all the big fish in the boat. This year will be more of a race.

If we win, and start establishing a consistent track record of quality performance, we will finish very strong. The relationships are already in place.

Advertisement
I think we've got a ways to go in a lot of these recruitments. A good season will do us well, but a bad season will have an equally impactful deleterious result

Also need to keep in mind that some of these kids were never coming here in the first place / bags played a big role

Last edited:
Not gonna lie -- it feels like we're getting washed on the trail rn.
People need to accept that last year was an anomaly in terms of timing. We had almost all the big fish in the boat. This year will be more of a race.

If we win, and start establishing a consistent track record of quality performance, we will finish very strong. The relationships are already in place.
Like I said in the other thread, I'm more concerned with the season than recruiting. We need to go undefeated in the regular. Period. I'd rather them be studying film than studying recruit twitter feeds and IG pages.

Advertisement
The staff shouldn't waste anymore time one Dent, Lucus, and Ladson. Neither are flipping to us no matter what. MJJ doesn't want to be here and if Battle decides not to come to Paradise Camp he might be solid with OSU.

That leaves Neal, Bogle, Stevenson, and Davis. All are important. All would probably play as freshman with Neal possibly starting. If we can't close on these 4 I'm not sure what the rest of this class will look like. I'm not worried yet, it's still early but this upcoming season we need to beat LSU and FSU and get back to the acc championship game and play like we belong there.

Just my 2 cents

Never.

I know there's still a long way to go until signing day but so far here's how we look for our top targets -

#1 Safety Target - Tyrique Stevenson - Flirting hard with UGA some would say leaning to them

That's alot of FLA and SoFla talent to lose in a year when we just won 10 games for the first time in years

IMO if we don't see a chunk of these guys at Paradise, its a tell tale sign that we are behind in the recruitment

I'd say the panic comes if/when some of our other top guys start committing to other schools. Guys like Bogle, Neal, Stevenson, MAR etc.

Advertisement
The staff shouldn't waste anymore time one Dent, Lucus, and Ladson. Neither are flipping to us no matter what. MJJ doesn't want to be here and if Battle decides not to come to Paradise Camp he might be solid with OSU.

That leaves Neal, Bogle, Stevenson, and Davis. All are important. All would probably play as freshman with Neal possibly starting. If we can't close on these 4 I'm not sure what the rest of this class will look like. I'm not worried yet, it's still early but this upcoming season we need to beat LSU and FSU and get back to the acc championship game and play like we belong there.

Just my 2 cents
Exactly dent is a lost cause period. Don’t even waste time with that one.

Lucas= nole, stop recruiting him

Ladson= clemson and he might be a tad overrated anyway

Battle- maybe it gets interesting late so keep trying there

Last edited:
DMoney said it best..we were spoiled this time last year. That's not gonna happen but maybe once every 3-4 years. The other times we have to battle it out like everyone else. Its July and cats are already ready to pack it in? Smh.

Not in panic mode but I’m concerned for sure.
It’s July....the season hasn’t even started. If Miami loses 3-4 games then yea be concerned, they won’t get any of the top guys with that type of season.

Advertisement
Back