When did the culture Problems start?

CNsaNiXUEAAig61.jpg
Most embarrassing thing in the history of Miami football.

Advertisement
Something seemed seriously off that gane...imho we never were right after that game.

Wasn’t that the game we won by some absurd score (especially by the lower scoring standards of the time) like 56-45 or 59-45?

The defense seemed off in that game, although the offense was great.

Not really sure why you’d cite that game in particular.

If you want to cite a 2002 game, you should cite the Rutgers game where we would have been down 24-7 going into the 4th quarter if the refs hadn’t completely made up a PI call just because they wanted a Big East team in the national title game. Watching the replays, I can’t even tell where the Rutgers guy touched a Miami guy.

That team’s lone win was was over 0-13 Army. They lost by over 21 points to Villanova and 1-11 Buffalo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After Coker left, the recruiting changed. Lots of entitlement by the new recruits. Things are changing and Reed will help with the work ethic and communication.

Things changed under Coker. He was recruiting out of magazines, not evaluations. (true story) He realized it when it was too late and couldn't get the thing turned around.

Wasn’t that the game we won by some absurd score (especially by the lower scoring standards of the time) like 56-45 or 59-45?

The defense seemed off in that game, although the offense was great.

Thats the game...we went up big early then took our foot off the gas, they came roaring back and we almost lost.

Thats the game...we went up big early then took our foot off the gas, they came roaring back and we almost lost.

I think you’re getting mixed up with the 01 Va Tech game. That’s the game where Miami was up 26-10, and Va Tech got 2 late TDs, dropping the 2 pointer on the second one to lose 26-24.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think you’re getting mixed up with the 02 Va Tech game. That’s the game where Miami was up 26-10, and Va Tech got 2 late TDs, dropping the 2 pointer on the second one to lose 26-24.

No we went up huge in the game and took our foot off the gas. We went up like 21 and kinda sputtered around...very un Canes like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone have any idea?
under golden id assume. richt took over a roster with a lot of 3 stars too, people been saying for years Miami players cared more about Miami lifestyle then winning. have had recruits going back to matt patchan said that. so its been a while. its a thing has to change. and I think diaz is gonna change it but how quickly. king is a start at qb. and qbs lead.

Advertisement
Back