When Alonzo speaks......

I’m not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be. However, based upon his tweets along w/ seeing his grotesque physique, it’s of my humble opinion that Lon suffers from acute diabetes that’s affected his eyes & mind. I ain’t lying.

Advertisement
This board:

ALONZO IS DA GAWD! WE NEED HIM HERE!!

Also,

WE CAN'T WAIT TO 2ND GUESS HIS EVERY MOVE IF HE COMES!!

Audrey Whitby Reaction GIF by AwesomenessTV
Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF
Dance Reaction GIF
crazy stanley kubrick GIF
Animated GIF

The turnover chain is one thing, many teams have a turnover props, including the two teams in this year's championship game.

But the TD rings? GTFO.
Yeah but both of those teams had already been winning big before it was brought to the sidelines

Advertisement

You could make the argument that over the top celebrations on every down were considered just as antithetical to a winning culture back in the 1980s as the turnover chain is today. I get the idea that it is bittersweet to have a chain when we’re 7-6, but I wonder if some of the issue is generational.

But seriously; I think u all forget the origin of why the chain was created. It was to “motivate” our players to cause T.O’s. It wasn’t a reward, it was a motivation piece. Not coaching, not technique, but a trinket to capture the media’s & player’s attention.

The T.O Chain was famed for exactly 10 games in 2017. As we went 10-0, it was said to create this mystique around the team. Since that 10-0 start, we’ve gone 28-25.

2017: We had 31 TO’s created (T-3rd in the nation)
2018: We had 25 TO’s created (T-16th in the nation)
2019: We had 20 TO’s created (T-40th in the nation)
2020: We had 16 TO’s created (T-42nd in the nation)
2021: We had 11 TO’s created (T-118th in the nation)

See the trend? The trinket was substituted for actual coaching, & that luster it had wore off every yr. Maybe when our culture of hard work & proper coaching comes back into play, some on field reward is given, b/c as noted, other winning programs have some sort of accomplishment. BUT, everything associated w/ Baker & Diaz, I’m Gucci w/ getting rid of it. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
The whole team pulled together shtick is bs. Once we went 2-4 to start literally the only game that mattered was FSU and Manny still managed to blow it. The fact we had won all the other games and still had an outside shot at an ACCCG bid just makes it worse.

I would trade both the NCSt and Pitt victories for the win at Doak right now. Record and bowl berths don't matter for **** if it ain't putting us into the ACCCG. Gimme 6-6 with the FSU win vs 7-5 and an L in trailerhassee all day.
Agree. 20 years of we are trying hard is enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back