Whats our record

Advertisement
It really depends on what Gattis does with his offense. The only reason this team won 7 games last year was because they found a superstar Quarterback and let him rip. If we try to become some smash mouth Michigan clone, we’ll be lucky to win 7 again. If Gattis plays to his team’s strengths (I believe he will) than this team can be a 10 win team and make a run at the conference championship

Advertisement
One game improvement with a professional staff? We won 7 last year and loss 3 games in the last series with an incompetent staff. We have 5 months of portal activity to address any gaps.

Stockholm Syndrome.
Could be a one game improvement on paper but big improvements in overall play and in the building.

Advertisement
So you think this coaching staff is only 1 game better than Mannys?

Roster or not without 4th and 14 this team is 8-4 last year.
I don’t look at football like that, record doesn’t tell the full story of how the team played in my view. I saw fans happy about 2020 when we were barely winning games and then last year we barely lost them.

I see improvements in overall play and culture in the building but this roster is 8-4 caliber imo. Idk why yall are taking that as if it’s terrible lol. 8-4 can win the coastal and give us a opportunity to compete for the acc championship and win a good bowl game.

9-3…..A/M, Clemson and another road game will be our losses.

Undefeated at home would pump up the fanbase.

Bowl win to get us 10 would vault us into Top 12 at end of year.

Top 12 finish = guaranteed Top 5 recruiting class.

Advertisement
I don’t look at football like that, record doesn’t tell the full story of how the team played in my view. I saw fans happy about 2020 when we were barely winning games and then last year we barely lost them.

I see improvements in overall play and culture in the building but this roster is 8-4 caliber imo. Idk why yall are taking that as if it’s terrible lol. 8-4 can win the coastal and give us a opportunity to compete for the acc championship and win a good bowl game.
I think 8-4 would be extremely disappointing because it probably means we lost 3 ACC games (unless you’ve got loses to any of MTSU, Southern Miss or Bethune penciled in) which means we most definitely are not in contention for the Coastal.

6-2 should be our conference record. I will concede that. But if that’s the case then our overall record has to be 9-3 unless we lose a game to MTSU, Southern Miss or Bethune.

In their first full year:
Kirby Smart - UGA - 8-5
Nick Saban - LSU - 8-4
Nick Saban - Ala - 7-6
Dabo Swinney - CLE - 9-5 (went 4-3 the season before)

You got to remember that Mario doesn't have a roster of his guys yet.
Bob Stoops - OK - 6-6
Pete Carroll - USC - 6-6

Advertisement
I think 8-4 would be extremely disappointing because it probably means we lost 3 ACC games (unless you’ve got loses to any of MTSU, Southern Miss or Bethune penciled in) which means we most definitely are not in contention for the Coastal.

6-2 should be our conference record. I will concede that. But if that’s the case then our overall record has to be 9-3 unless we lose a game to MTSU, Southern Miss or Bethune.
So if we lose to clemson tamu and 2 close ones to say to Virginia or pitt(just an example) but we win the coastal and see clear improvements in our play and culture, go to the acc championship and a good bowl game, thats disappointing?

Im more focused on how we play and the process rather than the final record, not saying its ok if we just lose hella games but im not expecting these players to just show up as somebody else in 5 months, with adapting to a new culture,new offense,new defense, everything is different.

Seems like everyone is writing off Clemson as a lost because of trenches/talent. Did any of you actually watch Clemson play last year? Their OL was straight trash and their DL wasn't close to being as dominant as during their run. Their record may have been 10-3, but they lost to two teams we beat and had some squeakers against teams like GT, BC and Syracuse. I don't see the talent level necessarily being that different. We also now have what looks to be a huge improvement - at least on paper - in coaching while they've lost some serious cornerstones to their staff.

Advertisement
Back