What's Next for LB?

Bro the staff finally put McCloud at rush end instead of inside Backer. Other posters and I had already said he looks better rushing off the edge last year. It took the staff the entire season to make that switch.... Are staff just comes off as not football smart.
They ain’t just come off that way. They is what they seem.

Advertisement
Y'all are gonna find out eventually that it doesn't matter who we put at LB in this scheme. Even with an elite LB recruit, the results will only increase this 👌 much.
This scheme is DL friendly and completely anti-linebacker. When your DL is taught to simply run upfield all day with no gap integrity, and not demand double-teams, your LB's are seldomly going to run free. (hence the reason our LB's are fighting O-Lineman every play)

Great post and spot on.

Why is it that die hards on this board can see the obvious, but guys paid millions to supposedly know this **** never figure it out?

Is it just pure stuborness or is it just pure incompetence?

Great post and spot on.

Why is it that die hards on this board can see the obvious, but guys paid millions to supposedly know this **** never figure it out?

Is it just pure stuborness or is it just pure incompetence?
Getting paid a lot doesn't mean you're any good. Manure's defense has been full of holes since he got is first DC job. It's been regularly shredded by any offense with a decent QB and/or OC. We've had so many guys put up personal bests against us since he's been here it's pathetic.

New LB could actually get Huff on the field.

It wouldn’t shock me to see Brooks, Huff, Cave as our best three.
We need them to be,can't keep trotting our slowww Lbs in there Jennings,Flagg and Steed.

Advertisement
We need them to be,can't keep trotting our slowww Lbs in there Jennings,Flagg and Steed.
We need lbs who can diagnose plays, shed blocks and make tackles. We’re far from worrying that guys who can do that aren’t fast enough. our bigger problem is the guys we think are fast enough consistently misdiagnose, overrun and miss tackles.

Getting paid a lot doesn't mean you're any good. Manure's defense has been full of holes since he got is first DC job. It's been regularly shredded by any offense with a decent QB and/or OC. We've had so many guys put up personal bests against us since he's been here it's pathetic.
I’m actually positive that you could hire me to be the DC and I would be more successful just going with suggestions from this board than Baker is.

Advertisement
It appears as though most of CIS doesn't realize that Patke coaches striker and not the other LB spots.

Striker, along with DL are about the only positions on the defense that aren't below average.

You may think he stinks at the vast majority of the rest of his responsibilities (recruiting, game planning, special teams) but I have no issues with the striker performance since he's been in charge.
Romeo Finley and Gil Frierson were each 4 star studs that could’ve gone to a lot of schools. And Smith #4 was a top recruit too. All three are great athletes that are perfect for Striker, and their success on the field has absolutely zero to do with Patke coaching them.

Patke should not be a coach at Miami... I can’t say it enough

Advertisement
What shocks me is Diaz preaches simplicity so his players can play fast, aggressive, and free.

yet we’ve heard that guys like Brooks, Huff, and now TAC this past season couldn’t grasp the dreaded PLAYBOOK and struggle to see the field or make a play

Yeah the scheme sucks but **** the coaching is awful if you can’t get your guys ready to step up

this defense should be called 'Guinness'- and not for the beer, but for the records it helps opponents break

got him deez nuts GIF
But he’s going to Auburn, dumbass laughing at people and he got it wrong ,but lied talking about some fake huge bag offer since he was wrong. Why is your miserable *** even here?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Romeo Finley and Gil Frierson were each 4 star studs that could’ve gone to a lot of schools. And Smith #4 was a top recruit too. All three are great athletes that are perfect for Striker, and their success on the field has absolutely zero to do with Patke coaching them.

Patke should not be a coach at Miami... I can’t say it enough
Did you forget that all the Safeties and CBs were 4* and those positions groups performed much worse than striker?

Tell me exactly how you know Patke had nothing to do with the striker development.

Did you forget that all the Safeties and CBs were 4* and those positions groups performed much worse than striker?

Tell me exactly how you know Patke had nothing to do with the striker development.
You are throwing **** against the wall with your rational, and your points make no sense

you made a claim that Patke is a good coach and worth keeping because of the Striker play on the field

i disagreed

You are throwing **** against the wall with your rational, and your points make no sense

you made a claim that Patke is a good coach and worth keeping because of the Striker play on the field

i disagreed
First off, show me exactly where I said Patke is a good coach. You won't be able to b/c I didn't. I could care less if he stays or goes but the dopes that keep trotting out the "he sucks bro" have zero evidence at striker to back it up.

Second, you came up with some bull**** about his strikers are 4* guys so they coach themselves. I countered with our Safeties and CBs are all 4* and they suck while the strikers do NOT suck, so your example is just dumb. You literally proved my point with your asinine example.

Lastly, its hilarious to me that you definitively state "it has absolutely zero to do with Patke coaching them. Patke should not be a coach at Miami... I can’t say it enough". I guess that means you been there for the closed door meetings, the practices, and the film sessions to so confidently declare "they coached themselves".

Advertisement
Back