What's Next for LB?

What did you hear
Well, even this morning, the day of the decision, Terrence was still torn. I heard he was going back and forth on it, and both coaching staffs were on the phone with him and even other schools tried to sneak in at the last minute.

the deciding factor came down to # of pages in our Terrence Lewis thread - if we hit 350 pages by commitment time, he felt that Miami fans would’ve been “showing love” and he would’ve committed. unfortunately, we fell short.

The other thing is, Terrence grew up a huge fan of turtles. They were his favorite animal and he wanted one as a pet but his fam couldn’t afford one. He now plays for a school with turtles as the mascot.

Despite all this, Miami was in it - our coaching staff did a pretty terrible job recruiting him and kind of played hot and cold. @Cribby has alluded to this in some of his posts, our staff does deserve a little bit of blame here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, even this morning, the day of the decision, Terrence was still torn. I heard he was going back and forth on it, and both coaching staffs were on the phone with him and even other schools tried to sneak in at the last minute.

the deciding factor came down to # of pages in our Terrence Lewis thread - if we hit 350 pages by commitment time, he felt that Miami fans would’ve been “showing love” and he would’ve committed. unfortunately, we fell short.

The other thing is, Terrence grew up a huge fan of turtles. They were his favorite animal and he wanted one as a pet but his fam couldn’t afford one. He now plays for a school with turtles as the mascot.

Despite all this, Miami was in it - our coaching staff did a pretty terrible job recruiting him and kind of played hot and cold. @Cribby has alluded to this in some of his posts, our staff does deserve a little bit of blame here.

got him deez nuts GIF

We may be fine at DL and our secondary might get better. But if we have a huge hole in the 2nd level we will never be a quality defense. I for one never believed that T2 or whatever you jackoffs called him, was coming here. Y'all best accept that this defense will be subpar for the next couple years at least. Is what it is when you have a ****** staff and LB recruiting that is just as bad. Par for the course at UM

Advertisement
Y'all are gonna find out eventually that it doesn't matter who we put at LB in this scheme. Even with an elite LB recruit, the results will only increase this 👌 much.
This scheme is DL friendly and completely anti-linebacker. When your DL is taught to simply run upfield all day with no gap integrity, and not demand double-teams, your LB's are seldomly going to run free. (hence the reason our LB's are fighting O-Lineman every play)

Y'all are gonna find out eventually that it doesn't matter who we put at LB in this scheme. Even with an elite LB recruit, the results will only increase this 👌 much.
This scheme is DL friendly and completely anti-linebacker. When your DL is taught to simply run upfield all day with no gap integrity, and not demand double-teams, your LB's are seldomly going to run free. (hence the reason our LB's are fighting O-Lineman every play)
And hence our safeties being the leading tackler on the team every year we have been in this scheme

Im surprised they havent figured this out yet. The free safeties or safeties always lead the team in tackles. Typically both of them in the top 3 in tackles.

Advertisement
Im surprised they havent figured this out yet. The free safeties or safeties always lead the team in tackles. Typically both of them in the top 3 in tackles.
I don’t think people even realize how much not having JHH hurt the team either.

I've posted this a thousand times. I have a thread on this very topic. You got Jon Ford big 300 pound *** doing swim moves every play letting both interior lineman on to our Lab's.

There are posters here who think fans are clueless and coaches know best. Miami proves otherwise every season it seems.
Bro the staff finally put McCloud at rush end instead of inside Backer. Other posters and I had already said he looks better rushing off the edge last year. It took the staff the entire season to make that switch.... Our staff just comes off as not football smart.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back