What's Next for LB?

Advertisement
If the USC kid can even just play 1st and 2nd and be a beast a filling and stopping the run I’m fine with that. I get everybody’s infatuation with athletes playing linebacker but idc how fast you are, you don’t do they team any good being fast running to the wrong gap

If the USC kid can even just play 1st and 2nd and be a beast a filling and stopping the run I’m fine with that. I get everybody’s infatuation with athletes playing linebacker but idc how fast you are, you don’t do they team any good being fast running to the wrong gap
Our best LB this year was the slowest and the USC LB is more athletic. We better grab the kid before he goes somewhere else.

Advertisement
Our leading tackler was Bolden with 79,next best 2 were Frierson and Carter.Our leading tackling LB was Jennings in the high 30s and McCloud had 27.Un excusable lack of production.Jennings can't be a starter again.Brooks wasn't much better either.

We surely can't go into the 2021 season with what we have. Troutman and Johnson will be solid options but they are still 2-3 years away from making an impact. Our LB1 right now is Corey Flagg who would likely be 2nd-3rd String at most Power 5s.
There’s plenty of dirt left to be eaten.

My sources tell me that 8 missed tackles a game, bad angles, 185/yards rpg, 12 targeting penalties, and Huff still not getting playing time is what’s next for our linebackers.

Yes, I’ll risk a ban. That’s my confidence level.

Advertisement
974F2978-8BB0-4BB7-89DF-562290B8018B.jpeg

LIKE T2 , YEAH I SAID IT T2....😳👀🤣😂🤣😭💯

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our leading tackler was Bolden with 79,next best 2 were Frierson and Carter.Our leading tackling LB was Jennings in the high 30s and McCloud had 27.Un excusable lack of production.Jennings can't be a starter again.Brooks wasn't much better either.
EXACTLY

Advertisement
It appears as though most of CIS doesn't realize that Patke coaches striker and not the other LB spots.

Striker, along with DL are about the only positions on the defense that aren't below average.

You may think he stinks at the vast majority of the rest of his responsibilities (recruiting, game planning, special teams) but I have no issues with the striker performance since he's been in charge.

Advertisement
Back