What's going on with the team? This media blackout is crazy

Super great marketing strategy for a school that went five and seven and doesn’t sell out but hey, that’s just me

If keeping information very close and sporadic lead to winds, we’d have been 15 -0 last year

I didn’t make the call. If he wins 10, I think everyone would be on board with the idea heading into next year especially if he can keep improving the roster and results. If he ends up 7-5(what I’m expecting), the noise will grow louder by the week.

Advertisement
Greentree AA stuff and Onion's "flying around making plays" are what I lived for in the offseason though lol. Kayne Farquharson me all the plays the WRs are making at least. Tell me how Flagg is the next coming of Vilma.

You guys are too logical with your wait until Friday stuff. I need my fix.

The inside word is that A&M was able to game plan from following SMD’s Twitter feed, including defensive alignment, offensive tendencies, personnel groups and the like, and now Mario has shut it down so he can change the game plan. We can’t risk leaking this vital information from our media members to opposing staffs.

IMG_8738.jpeg

Advertisement
We don't need to know every ******* thing that goes we just need to win games. **** practice vids. We never worried about this **** back in the day.

I’m as checked out in as I’ve ever been. We’ve had coaches since Golden who are “Savvy” and have media strategies and I know all that matters but we haven’t been a tactically sound team since Butch and I’m just kinda cooked on all of it. Lost a lot of confidence in Mario’s x&o ability last year. Hopefully he can recruit well enough for it to never matter but they just gotta show me something before I keep Thinkin we on our way back.

Have there been any practices the past few days? Or did they take a mini-pause prior to preparing for Game 1?

Mario's stealth camp is really getting annoying. It's one thing to not allow reporters to view everything at practice. But even the official YouTube site has only 1 video of interviews with JT and Francisco over the last three days.

Give it time. Susan Miller Degnan is peering over the fence line surrounding Greentree daily; covertly gathering intel for us. If there is anything you want to know, she is always asking the tough questions and her Pulitzer Prize-worthy sports-journalism is sure to get to you the answers you seek.

1693159161438.png

The inside word is that A&M was able to game plan from following SMD’s Twitter feed, including defensive alignment, offensive tendencies, personnel groups and the like, and now Mario has shut it down so he can change the game plan. We can’t risk leaking this vital information from our media members to opposing staffs.
Her questions asking players how they feel about a home game mustve been written in code for A&M.. lol

Advertisement
I didn’t make the call. If he wins 10, I think everyone would be on board with the idea heading into next year especially if he can keep improving the roster and results. If he ends up 7-5(what I’m expecting), the noise will grow louder by the week.
Absent an injury to TVD, why are you expecting only 7

Get adjusted to this. Most of the best coaches are cryptic with the media and don't let anything out that they don't want. With DVD gone, the recruiting info has dried up a good amount as well.

Win and everyone will be good with these days of waiting for games.
After the first two games it won’t matter. Our opponents will have seen everything

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absent an injury to TVD, why are you expecting only 7
1. Miami has a tougher schedule than most teams.
2. New OC, new DC, 18 players that have been on campus at the start of Mario's tenure.
3. A few injuries to key players and we've had many years of injuries.

Thus, I'm hedging a little to the downside since we haven't out performed in a while. The upside is real IMO. FSU without Travis is winnable. ATM would be another bad team. We have more talent from top to bottom than everyone else excluding Clemson.

After the first two games it won’t matter. Our opponents will have seen everything

Not true. There are so many new faces on the roster that it will take months to get them all up to speed on all of the packages.

Examples: Samson could be limited vs ATM yet start vs BC. Mark Fletcher could see a few snaps vs ATM yet start vs BC
Same with Brown (CB), any number of LBers, Bain, Ray Ray, etc

Get adjusted to this. Most of the best coaches are cryptic with the media and don't let anything out that they don't want. With DVD gone, the recruiting info has dried up a good amount as well.

Win and everyone will be good with these days of waiting for games.
Does that mean DVD was feeding most of our insiders?

Advertisement
Back