What will it take for you to believe again in #TNM?

Advertisement
I will never believe in TNM. TNM means being the flashiest loser. Get rid of all the gimmicks. If Manny has a brain, he will fire his friends. That is my only hope for him.
the new miami was created by Shlalalala she was the one that used that phrased, i hated the new miami catch phrase I always view that as killing the old Miami which was savage. We want the Old Miami

I am getting flashbacks to 2017 when Manolo’s defense made the opposing QBs look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and Dan Marino. Clemson’s Kelly Bryant, who wasn’t even good enough and transferred, set an ACC title game record by completing like 25 straight passes. Fast forward to last weekend and a freshman QB was throwing dimes on post patterns like it was sandlots.

I never understood the fascination with Diaz down here other than he’s Cuban and his dad was the mayor. I don’t give a sh*t about Diaz’s Miami roots it was a big gamble hiring this guy with no prior HC experience. I’m not giving up on him after 2 games but I also couldn’t stand the hire in the first place.
more facts

Just running through this thread real quick and the facts are all over the place

@Jedi Master Cane is trying to say that the AD ultimately has a significant influence on what happens on Saturday. James is a weak and incompetent AD and the results prove that. Hiring a quality AD will have a tremendous impact on game day because a strong and competent AD who is committed to winning will notice everything that everyone on this board notices and will communicate that to the head coach in no uncertain terms.
I understood his point, and you articulated it very well, but this implies that Manny is not "the guy" once again. I think it's too early to make such a deduction. I agree that Blake Flames is shït...

Advertisement
the new miami was created by Shlalalala she was the one that used that phrased, i hated the new miami catch phrase I always view that as killing the old Miami which was savage. We want the Old Miami
I agree. This will only happen when we learn how to make 1st downs on 3rd. Score in red zone and not lose to teams we should beat

Same thing. Shanny’s defenses are super average without a bunch of 3 and 4 year starters in the back end.
u called it from the door Chise when he was hired u were right. he looked good with elite (well i wont say elite and miami player in the same sentence nowadays) not elite good DTs who caused disruption. Dude was balling with Golden players on D, his defense is easy to eat if u dont get pressure guys are always open thats coaching.

Advertisement
I understood his point, and you articulated it very well, but this implies that Manny is not "the guy" once again. I think it's too early to make such a deduction. I agree that Blake Flames is shït...
So its too early to say Diaz is not the guy when he been here 4 seasons almost and Blake had 2 games? Im confused, yall do know this is Diaz system he hired the guy what does that say about him? These are the typical Miami Golden excuses, I dont know if thats what u meant if Im wrong my bad but it read like that.

So its too early to say Diaz is not the guy when he been here 4 seasons almost and Blake had 2 games? Im confused, yall do know this is Diaz system he hired the guy what does that say about him? These are the typical Miami Golden excuses, I dont know if thats what u meant if Im wrong my bad but it read like that.
Totally different ballgame when talking someone is a DC vs HC. Sure, Manny is learning on the job, and his coordinator hires may look suspect at this point, but man, lets at least give the guy a full season. I see all the red flags as well, but Butch had red flags as well in the 1990s before he hit it big with the 2000 team. I'm not advocating for holding onto Manny for 4 years like Golden, but we at least need the season to play out. "IF" dude goes 10-0 down the stretch, then what?!? Or even if we finish 9-3. Sure, 9-3 is not the Miami standard, but considering where we have been the last 15 years, it would be a move in the right direction. I'm frustrated as fück as well, but I have no choice but to Fan on with this squad...

Hiring a competent AD who understands the importance of a successful program.

My suggestions:

1a) Alonzo Higsmith
1b) Winston Moss

Both has been coaching/scouting in the NFL for years (so they know football) and understand the administrative responsibilities a position like AD requires. Both are alums who have had enough success elsewhere that they wont just bow down to anyone.

These two wouldnt allow for hiring coaches who dont have D1 experience and would hold any and every HC accountable.

A man can dream cant he!

Last edited:
Undefeated from this point on. No losing to any coastal team.

If we lose only one more game, TNM is nothing new. It’s the same garbage play/coaching that we’ve suffered through for the last decade, almost two.

Honestly, based of our play.it wouldn’t surprise me to lose another 4 games maybe 5.

Advertisement
Totally different ballgame when talking someone is a DC vs HC. Sure, Manny is learning on the job, and his coordinator hires may look suspect at this point, but man, lets at least give the guy a full season. I see all the red flags as well, but Butch had red flags as well in the 1990s before he hit it big with the 2000 team. I'm not advocating for holding onto Manny for 4 years like Golden, but we at least need the season to play out. "IF" dude goes 10-0 down the stretch, then what?!? Or even if we finish 9-3. Sure, 9-3 is not the Miami standard, but considering where we have been the last 15 years, it would be a move in the right direction. I'm frustrated as fück as well, but I have no choice but to Fan on with this squad...
I feel u he needs a fair shake just IMO I think we got a corch I always thought he was a good fit by the looks but i knew recruiting would kill him and he would be replaced in 4 years. My mind can change but the first two games its like I have seen this movie before, do I want him to do well? Yea im not against my team doing well but do I believe in him? No I dont.

Win out the rest of the scheduled games, play a competitive ACC championship game vs. Clemson, and win the bowl game for this season.

Not lose to inferior opponents in season 2.

Advertisement
Manny can be a good HC...just have to wait and see. The Enos hire is an upgrade from Richt.

Sure, but a lot of these growing pains should have been sorted out at a school like Temple. That is the risk of hiring a first time head coach. That is also why you actually interview candidates and do a proper search instead of whatever this was.

I feel u he needs a fair shake just IMO I think we got a corch I always thought he was a good fit by the looks but i knew recruiting would kill him and he would be replaced in 4 years. My mind can change but the first two games its like I have seen this movie before, do I want him to do well? Yea im not against my team doing well but do I believe in him? No I dont.
Bro seems like you and I have always been on the same page, we know what we know

You know he'll have 2 seasons at the bare minimum before anyone serious starts talking about replacing him. So why debate this now when we'll have an entire offseason in a few months and no quarterback competition to fill it?
Exactly. I think some of it is funny, but if guys are already seriously doing this “fire the coach” they’re more brain dead than I thought they were. Shanny might suck and wind up fired, but it ain’t happening any time soon.

So all this premature firing talk is going to do is hasten the toxicity pattern we’ve seen unfold here so many times over the last 20 years. And that winds up having a very negative effect on recruiting.

Advertisement
Back