What we are

No, we’re the new Miami. That’s better than Pit but an eternity away from the old Miami.
I have some disturbing news for you. The "new Miami" is Pitt.

And I was being generous calling us Pitt. It could very well be Wake Forest. I mean just look at our record and who we have lost to these last years.

We are Wake Forest.

Advertisement
I don’t think so. And I understand the logic of Manny being here for 5 years but there’s no denying the caliber of player has improved dramatically over the two years he’s been here.

We’ll see what that translates to going forward.
yes. And It's more than the caliber of player. It's the work ethic and other personal factors. The locker room was a disaster and the last two classes have really started to help.

And I was being generous calling us Pitt. It could very well be Wake Forest. I mean just look at our record and who we have lost to these last years.

We are Wake Forest.
Stop it. Wake has averaged 5.2 wins over the last 11 years, Pitt has averaged 6.8. We have averaged 7.5 Wins a season over that same span. A crap number for what we should be as a program, but we are not them.

Advertisement
Bruce Feldman, who, is more in the know, especially for our school than many give him credit for, said in a podcast on Tuesday, Mario to Miami would have been a monster buy out the year we hired Manny. Said it would have been well over 10 million (I don't want to go back and check, but it might have been 12-14) and it much more manageable now for a school like Miami (again, don't quote me, but I think he said his buyout is somewhere between 8-6 now?), while saying for USC, it might not be reasonable considering the buy out for Helton + buy out for Cristobal.

I know we have people on here saying board members were going to pay for the whole thing...and idk how true that was at the time...the idea of Miami being unable to afford an 8-figure buy out and going with a cheaper Manny Diaz a year removed from the Turnover Chain season makes more sense to my ape brain. If Miami has been anything in my time as a fan, its been cheap af.
I'm all for getting Mario if we can. I have no idea what the buyout situation is - I just don't see how or why he'd come

- He's making $5.5M at Oregon. Manny is making $3M and Richt was making $4M. So probably taking a pay cut (I agree Miami goes the cheap route)
- He's already had a Top 5 team at Oregon and looks like he's on his way again this year.
- Oregon's last 3 Recruiting classes were ranked higher than Miami, and 2022 probably will be too
- I'd take Oregon's facilities and deep pockets over Miami

I get the pull of Miami being the alma matter, but taking a paycut to go from a team he's got at a Top 5 level team to a team that hasn't been Top 10 is 15 years is an extremely hard sell IMO

The program was literally light years ahead of UNC even in Dichts last, awful year. Took Mack (old, unintelligent) Brown exactly one week to pass up Manny's "New" U.

Mack is Mannys padre! Or Manny is Mack's ****? (I'm not fluent in Mexican)

Thus why Mannylitos Fannylitos now accept losing to UNC as part of their ever lowered "expectations".

A redneck who isn’t fluent in Mexican. Shocking..

We finished 22nd last year why not?
The look of the first two games that's why. I look at that and say **** no that's not a top 15 team unless something miraculous happens, and we haven't been on that side of the football gods for 15 plus years. If that's a top 15 team that played in the first two weeks I need to schedule an eye exam asap. These contacts suck

Advertisement

We are Wake Forest.
Nobody but a troll or mentally challenge person believes that lol. Troll on big guy.

The look of the first two games that's why. I look at that and say **** no that's not a top 15 team unless something miraculous happens, and we haven't been on that side of the football gods for 15 plus years. If that's a top 15 team that played in the first two weeks I need to schedule an eye exam asap. These contacts suck

Notre Dame is 12. Iowa State, which lost to Iowa and beat mighty northern Iowa 16-10 is 14.

Those look like Top 15 teams?

yes. And It's more than the caliber of player. It's the work ethic and other personal factors. The locker room was a disaster and the last two classes have really started to help.
How exactly is the last 2 classes helping? Yall claim these new players are helping but i still see the same 4th and 5th year players playing and making the same mistakes they been making from day one

How exactly is the last 2 classes helping? Yall claim these new players are helping but i still see the same 4th and 5th year players playing and making the same mistakes they been making from day one
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm all for getting Mario if we can. I have no idea what the buyout situation is - I just don't see how or why he'd come

- He's making $5.5M at Oregon. Manny is making $3M and Richt was making $4M. So probably taking a pay cut (I agree Miami goes the cheap route)
- He's already had a Top 5 team at Oregon and looks like he's on his way again this year.
- Oregon's last 3 Recruiting classes were ranked higher than Miami, and 2022 probably will be too
- I'd take Oregon's facilities and deep pockets over Miami

I get the pull of Miami being the alma matter, but taking a paycut to go from a team he's got at a Top 5 level team to a team that hasn't been Top 10 is 15 years is an extremely hard sell IMO

To be fair, if Miami wants Mario...and I mean really wants Mario...then the price of the brick is going to go up. Someone, anyone in any position of power at Miami must know this to be true. These people are NOT ok with 8-4, 7-5 type of seasons, this much we know, idc what the latest Barry Jackson or pretend in-the-know types say...when things settle in that level, the past four coaches have seen their way out.

At some point, someone will realize $3-$4M coaches at this school get you 8-4, 7-5 type results and will stop being cheap *****.

I'm not sure what his total compensation is at Oregon legitimately, but USAToday has him at under $3M with a $5M buyout.

If those numbers are legit, there is no reason why Mario shouldn't be here. That's absurdly low for him, even if you think he's not a good coach. Upside of Top 5, Top 5 recruiting classes, with conference championship pedigree and beating better teams...that's bargain basement pricing.

To be fair, if Miami wants Mario...and I mean really wants Mario...then the price of the brick is going to go up. Someone, anyone in any position of power at Miami must know this to be true. These people are NOT ok with 8-4, 7-5 type of seasons, this much we know, idc what the latest Barry Jackson or pretend in-the-know types say...when things settle in that level, the past four coaches have seen their way out.

At some point, someone will realize $3-$4M coaches at this school get you 8-4, 7-5 type results and will stop being cheap *****.

I'm not sure what his total compensation is at Oregon legitimately, but USAToday has him at under $3M with a $5M buyout.

If those numbers are legit, there is no reason why Mario shouldn't be here. That's absurdly low for him, even if you think he's not a good coach. Upside of Top 5, Top 5 recruiting classes, with conference championship pedigree and beating better teams...that's bargain basement pricing.
Likely before his extension.... Pretty sure he got that after last season ended...

We’ve played two games.

Smith, Restrepo, Rivers, Flagg and Chaney before getting hurt are starting or heavy contributors. Arroyo, Kichens and Williams have gotten burn.

What more did you expect?

Advertisement
Back