What was the first Miami game you remember?

I know I started watching games sooner but unfortunately the first game I can remember was the national title game against Ohio State. Been nothing but disappointment and letdowns for as long as I can remember lol

Advertisement
2005 @ VT - I was 12 and just starting to become a big fan. My dad is also a Cane and that’s the first game I remember watching together and really rooting for the U

I saw a couple of games a year from 1967 (I was 10), until ‘73 when I got my license and could drive myself and friends to games. Had to jog my memory and look it up but I saw us beat Auburn and the gator in ‘67. Had a decent year as we went 7-4.

The first game I remember was Miami beating up Norte Dame at the Orange Bowl. Its the one benard clark had an INT an almost took it to the house. Just looked it up it was 1989 Miami 27-10 over Norte Dame

Advertisement
Since I lived near Duffy's Tavern from elementary to high school, I started getting into UM football and would go to games here and there in the 70's after graduating from HS.
I can remember Ottis Anderson's playing years along with coaches Selmer and Saban... but didn't get season tickets until Kelly's last year in 82.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami at ND in 1990. My brother became an Irish fan, I loved the hated Canes and have been all in on Miami since then.
Brother, I have a question... I assume you love your brother right, but when you' all watch a ND game (any game) do you beat his ***?
Boy I'm glad I have no siblings.

The first game I recall watching was the first wide right. And then I remember crying during the Sugar Bowl haha. The first game I recall actually attending was Penn State '99 when I started at the U. Comically, the primary player from that game that I recall was Lavar Arrington. I've been a season ticket holder since 2005 and have only missed 2 home games since then (apart from the last Golden season which I boycotted).

The Ped-o State player you SHOULD remember from that game was Chafie Fields...I HATE that guy. Play happened right in front of my seats.

Advertisement
Fumble in South Bend.... the Terry Porter prequel

1670001341890.png

Split-squad of refs mistakenly thought it was 4th and goal. Gave the ball to ND on DOWNS, not as a fumble. You can clearly see JJ on the sidelines making the "first down" arm motion.

Advertisement
I saw a couple of games a year from 1967 (I was 10), until ‘73 when I got my license and could drive myself and friends to games. Had to jog my memory and look it up but I saw us beat Auburn and the gator in ‘67. Had a decent year as we went 7-4.
You are approx. 2 years younger than me... did you live close to Duffy's or the Childrens Hospital area?

2003 Fiesta bowl. I was 8 and just remember my dad screaming at the TV and from then on we hated OSU. I always remember watching games with my dad as a kid but couldn’t point out specific ones aside from that.

Wide Right I

Sitting on the floor watching the final FG attempt after cheering my *** off for an hour.. then the kick goes begging and I've never recovered. A fan for life ever since.

Advertisement
Back