What was the first Miami game you remember?

Advertisement
January 2, 1984. I was 10 at the time. Watched the game in my living room with my dad and little brother. I remember the announcers saying that Nebraska was the greatest football team ever assembled.

January 2, 1984. I was 10 at the time. Watched the game in my living room with my dad and little brother. I remember the announcers saying that Nebraska was the greatest football team ever assembled.
To be honest...that Nebraska team is till this day, the most decorated in CFB History...they Won every Award....from Heisman, Outland, etc...and would've Won the Bilitnikoff (Fryar) but there was no such Award then.

Advertisement
1990 vs FSU but I was 7/8 at the time. The first game I saw and understood was Arizona 1992, "McLaughlin no good, no good". We won 8-7 and beat FSU the next week in Wide right II.

That’s actually my favorite Canes game from the 80’s. I went back and watched them all, and is this THE canesfreak? The guy who used to make all the cool videos
FSU 87 or Oklahoma 85 (yes 85 over 86) are my favorites. The 88 Michigan game was fantastic though. I always thought FSU's 87 team would've been us starting back then if they won that game. May be the most evenly matched game of that era.

Don’t remember exactly — maybe ’61 or ‘62 —but I remember George Mira scrambling like a crazy man.
Exciting to watch. Wondering If he was the first — or one of the first — of the extremely mobile QBs. I think Fran Tarkenton came along shortly after.

My memory is fuzzy on this…

Advertisement
I was born in 86 so when I first started watching was the Butch era, but the first game I can remember was the orange bowl in 95 (94 season). My dad and Uncle are old school Canes they had me watching it early.
the crazy thing is I can’t remember but I remember the first heartbreak they gave me , when they loss to Virginia for the last game at the orange bowl , ever since then I been in a toxic relationship with the canes hopefully they will treat me right and finally give me a ring.

Advertisement
Back