What was the first Miami game you remember?

My first game was during the 1986 season. I just had my 9th birthday in late October and one of my gifts was a game to see the Hurricanes play against East Carolina.

Advertisement
The Ped-o State player you SHOULD remember from that game was Chafie Fields...I HATE that guy. Play happened right in front of my seats.
Imagine standing on the sidelines when that went down....Morgan hit the QB as he released it as well. Bottomline is, James Jackson had the 1st down easily...I thought Butch was gonna go after the ref. Sarge had to hold him back.

11/3/79

Lived outside Philly at the time hence I followed PSU.
This game changed everything.

Forever

Advertisement
Brother, I have a question... I assume you love your brother right, but when you' all watch a ND game (any game) do you beat his ***?
Boy I'm glad I have no siblings.
Yes, there is love and respect for each other but we don't watch ND vs. Miami together for health and security reasons.

But I can tell you, that he was unable to talk to me until the following Monday when the beat down at Hardrock happened. Watching that game was quite a relief and pure joy for me, I waited quite a while to watch this shallacking . But before that he had the better end four times in a row.

Advertisement
Split-squad of refs mistakenly thought it was 4th and goal. Gave the ball to ND on DOWNS, not as a fumble. You can clearly see JJ on the sidelines making the "first down" arm motion.
I agree with everything you said here, except maybe for the “mistakenly” part.

I agree with everything you said here, except maybe for the “mistakenly” part.

So you think it was intentional...interesting...had not ever thought about that...

1670013977320.png

88 orange bowl against Oklahoma. Don't think i watched it, but witnessed the lead up and aftermath of the game.

Advertisement
For me, it was a game I went to at the Orange Bowl and then Governor Bob Graham was present. He was sitting in some VIP seats at the 50 yard line.

I walked up to him, introduced myself, and told him he was doing a great job as Governor. He asked me for and I gave him my business card, thinking he was eventually going to make me a job offer.

Still waiting to hear from him. 🤔

1983 national championship season.. beat West Virginia 20-0..some drunk young guy probably a student was drunk and picked a fight with this old guy .. bad move..old guy was probably in his 60’s and he had himself a one punch walkoff homer.. the young guy was out cold..

Advertisement
Houston - 1991. David Klingler and the Run and Shoot offense was suppose to gives us problems. It didn't.
One of the first times I remember when what we now commonly refer to as media 'hype' entered the equation. Houston with their inflated stats were 'supposed' to be a real threat to the juggernaut that was the 'Canes...NO CONTEST. As pointed out, our LB's could run with their receivers. Over EARLY; stadium shook A LOT that night.

Advertisement
Back