What was the first & last Canes game you went to?

Advertisement
First game, FAMU in '92. Don't remember much of the game other than the cool band... haha I was 6. Last game was last years pathetic showing at Chapel Hill. 4TH AND 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First game was William & Mary in 1970. It was played on a Friday night because the high schools used the OB on that Saturday.

Last game was FSU last weekend.

Advertisement
THe last Cane game I went to wastoo hurtful. Me and my lady was coming back on the plane arguing and the baby was crying and chit. I told myself I'll never go to a Canes again until they prove that we're back, chit almost broke up my family. My lady was like "it's only a **** football game"

First - 1992 vs FAMU
Last - Fiesta Bowl
Living overseas so it might be a while before I make another game...

Advertisement
Advertisement
First was Canes at BYU in 1990
**** Ty Detmer

last was w my son
2017 Canes pounding the crying Irish

Advertisement
The 81 UM vs #1 Penn St has been etched in my Brain for 39yrs....more so yrs later when it really hit me how important that Win was nationally....Yeah...the Win vs Penn St at Happy Valley in 79 was Big...but they were only ranked #20.....Not only did the 81 Win open America's eyes....but i'd argue the Kelly to Brodsky 80yd TD being as important as the tipped 2pt conversion against Nebraska a few yrs later....Even if Nebraska completes the pass....Kosar still had a minute...with the best Long range FG Kicker in America....With any kind of return Kosar would've only needed 35-40yds...Easily attainable the way Dennison...Shakes and Brown treated that Secondary...
‘81 Penn State was the game that cemented UM as my team. I was a casual fan, although I disliked FSU and UF (cousins went to both). The Kelly-to-Brodsky TD had me jumping and screaming. UM all the way ever since. Mostly from afar, as I moved to LA end of ‘84. First UM game was ‘90 Brawl at SDSU, last was Rose Bowl for the 5th ‘ship.

UM needs series with some PAC 12 teams.

Last edited:
First: Oklahoma State 1991

Most recent: UAB 2020

Interesting common fact between the two? Both were the one and only meeting between the two teams.

interesting future common fact between the two: both seasons ended with rings.

First, '75 in OB when they were giving out tickets from Burger King, last home was last game in OB vs UVA, last game Charlotte vs Clem.

Have not been to Hard Rock for Dolphins or Canes, crazy.

Advertisement
Back