What was the first & last Canes game you went to?

Advertisement
My first game

I was 6 years old. My aunt worked for the school & this was Employee Day, she brought me and my older brother lol.

My last game

I was a fan of Paul Johnson & the triple option offense lol. Georgia Tech defense was trash & Richt/Rosier almost choked this one away. I won a raffle at work for tickets to this game 😂😂😂

Miami vs. Purdue 1983 in the OB had a friend that played for Purdue. The score was 35-0 Canes! The last game was 2018 in Jerry’s World Dallas Texas, everybody knows how that ended. **** it I had a helluva time in Dallas!

The 81 UM vs #1 Penn St has been etched in my Brain for 39yrs....more so yrs later when it really hit me how important that Win was nationally....Yeah...the Win vs Penn St at Happy Valley in 79 was Big...but they were only ranked #20.....Not only did the 81 Win open America's eyes....but i'd argue the Kelly to Brodsky 80yd TD being as important as the tipped 2pt conversion against Nebraska a few yrs later....Even if Nebraska completes the pass....Kosar still had a minute...with the best Long range FG Kicker in America....With any kind of return Kosar would've only needed 35-40yds...Easily attainable the way Dennison...Shakes and Brown treated that Secondary...

Advertisement
My first game

I was 6 years old. My aunt worked for the school & this was Employee Day, she brought me and my older brother lol.

My last game

I was a fan of Paul Johnson & the triple option offense lol. Georgia Tech defense was trash & Richt/Rosier almost choked this one away. I won a raffle at work for tickets to this game 😂😂😂

You made a good thread

Yin & yang - first game was with my late Father who had a stint on the UM football team in the mid-70s, it was UM vs Temple at the Linc October 15, 2005. First real glimpse of Canes action was a 92 yard Sinorice Moss house call up the sidelines. D Hester also had a 48 yard punt return TD. Canes victorious 34-3.

Last game was October 13, 2018. UM @ UVA. The N’kosi game. Cavaliers 16 - Canes 13.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At FSU 89
At Duke 19
BD026933-9FB1-43C2-AD6E-00EC964DEBE1.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back