What was the first & last Canes game you went to?

Goulds Cane

Senior
My first game

I was 6 years old. My aunt worked for the school & this was Employee Day, she brought me and my older brother lol.

My last game

I was a fan of Paul Johnson & the triple option offense lol. Georgia Tech defense was trash & Richt/Rosier almost choked this one away. I won a raffle at work for tickets to this game 😂😂😂

Advertisement
First Canes game was Zero Dark Thursday in October 2013 @ UNC. We won on a last second TD run by Crawford.

My last Canes game....2019 @UNC where we came back just to lose on a missed FG by Baxa....aka the 4th and 17 game smh

Advertisement
1st game was Sophomore year in HS, 2006 vs Florida State 2006 when they beat us 13-10.

Last game attended was 2018 vs FSU, the comeback. That was my 4th UM-FSU game and the first time seeing us win one smh.

Advertisement
First Game: Miami vs Clemson 10/2/2010 (We won and my ex was a clemson student so it was nice to talk sh*t to her friends all weekend)

Last Game: Miami @ Toledo 9/15/2018

Advertisement
First game I went to was against South Carolina at the Orange Bowl in 1987. A brawl ensued and the Gamecocks never wanted to play us again. My last game was last year, Louisville at Hard Rock.

Advertisement
First/Last: Miami vs. Notre Dame 2017.

Basically told my dispatcher a month in advance, they tried to keep me in Wisconsin. Called the senior fleet manager with text messages from the month prior explaining how important it was that I get home on time. Dispatcher had sent text messages that he agreed. Had reciepts every week leading up to that point that I kept reminding my dispatcher I needed to get home on time. Dispatcher responded he understood.

Made it very clear three days before the event that if I wasn't routed home immediately, they were going to have to get their truck towed to the nearest Kenworth because I was going to park it in a parking lot, take an uber to the airport and go home myself.

Had me park it at Thermoking in Madison, WI. Plane had to outrun a snowstorm to get home on time. Got there one day before the game.

I knew it was going to be a big game a month prior. But I had no idea I was going to be in a Top 10 matchup on prime time TV with people hanging off the rafters, partying in the West End Zone.

Advertisement
Back