What people are not saying about Clemson

Advertisement
And still been the no 1 pick. Both of those guys should not still be there. There has been some fishy sht going on there for a while now.
I guess many here have become too accustomed to people leaving before they are ready. They chastise our guys for being selfish than question the motives of those that do just what they wish our players do.

Go figure.

Screwed? lol, no....

More questions - absolutely. We've been losing superstars every year for 5 or 6 years. Hey, maybe we won't have guys step up, but recently we've found guys who do.

Maybe you guys are just 'that good'?
You’re halfway reasonable so I’ll give you a sane perspective. Our weaknesses are more glaring than yours and your strengths are better than ours. Clemson SHOULD win there is absolutely a talent, scheme (on D), and coaching gap (also on D).

There is still a game to be played and people are just excited the gap isn’t nearly as wide as in years past. Just hope to see a good game and maybe a rematch later in the year

Advertisement
I guess many here have become too accustomed to people leaving before they are ready. They chastise our guys for being selfish than question the motives of those that do just what they wish our players do.

Go figure.
you’re comparing our barely draft worthy kids who have been leaving early to 2 first round draft picks. Look around the country. Not just at our team. Guys that are locks to go in the first round don’t come back to school. Now go figure that.

The intangible you guys always seem to forget is that every team seems like they play their hardest when they play us. Clemson is literally the opposite, they aren't motivated or getting up for those cupcake (to them) ACC matchups. Now its a primetime, top 10 matchup, and we're like that annoying bug buzzing around them. They're going to play harder than usual.

With that said, I still think we have a shot at winning. Need to come out immediately and drive down the field and punch them in the mouth though.

Positives in our favor:
-we had a bye week
-Lashlee is a good coach for situations like this
-King is a gamer, leader, etc. If they take away the throw, we run. If they take away the run, we throw. If they take those both away, we QB draw :love:

Negatives for us:
-we had a bye week (last year we were flat coming out of bye week. yeah this year 'feels' different, but we dont know that for sure just yet)
-we aren't used to playing in big games, they are
-its Clemson, they're loaded with talent. Keep blabbing on about how they lost 483 players to the NFL last year. What programs like that do is reload constantly. They have the "next man up" philosophy just like we do, except their depth chart is full of 5 stars.
-Etienne.

Questionables:
-If the WR's can step up, we can really do some damage, as they are going to be watching the TE's closely
-T Lawrence is also a runner (go re-watch the playoff game with Ohio St. He straight murdered them with his legs) Will we be able to contain him?
-T Lawrence is a ridiculously good passer. I really don't know how our secondary will do, but he's probably going to torch us. Hopefully the D Line gets enough pressure on him to mess with that ability.
since when are bye weeks a positive for this team?

Advertisement
you’re comparing our barely draft worthy kids who have been leaving early to 2 first round draft picks. Look around the country. Not just at our team. Guys that are locks to go in the first round don’t come back to school. Now go figure that.
I'm comparing mindsets, not draft potential.

But since you brought it up, first round draft picks do return, not as often in the past but often enough. Just not here.

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence is not a kid who would ever sit out - opt out - or whatever you want to call it. Kid is too competitive and enjoys playing on that team. He isn't concerned about his health. That's pretty obvious from the way he plays.
I’m not just talking about him. Remember the multiple d linemen that did the same thing a few years back. If you believe in unicorns and fairy godmothers you go right ahead.

I hope Miami creates mismatches with that safety Nolan whatever his last name is. That dude is horrible. Not one of their lb's can run with Chaney or Kingston chit add in Harris. Miami needs to take advantage of those mismatches all night that included the TE's vs their S and lb's.

He could’ve opted and declared after the season. He was number one on everyone’s board even before e season started.
Right, but he likes playing football - being as he's been one of the lead advocates of playing the college football season this year.

Advertisement
You have to play the games you can't just simply annoy a team because of their recruiting. Talent alone does not guarantee you a national championship. Crimson is a whole new team, they've got to go through the bumps and pains just like we do. And we're not Toothless in this fight
We have a similar amount of talent in recruiting, they just have a couple more 5*. They're not favored to win solely on talent, but on coaching and familiarity with playing big games. They've done this for almost a decade now.

We're "toothless" in the fact that we don't have experience playing these kinds of games. Its evident by the various "this is the biggest game in the program's history" posts by our fans. It's going to be completely new territory for a lot of players; we're not playing some of the top guys in just the ACC but in the country. We do have a chance and I can't wait to see how this year's squad looks tomorrow.

I watch the Clemson against Virginia and some of my observations you will see play out in this game. Starting with their safety position steady but not Elite,Plays can be made on them. Cornerbacks that took advantage of bad passes. And also was covering guys,who do not run 4.5 or 4.4 speed. Linebackers below-average, against our running back speed, will not be able to cover. Defensive line created pressure off and on. Only when linebackers were blitzing they got some pressure. Offensive line average, not a lot of experience. Wide receivers were not spectacular but effective. Quarterback no complaints and also with their leading running back. They made plays. And that's why Miami has a chance to beat them
There defense is not what it has been in the past few years but there pretty solid. Their middle linebacker is the real deal.

Advertisement
Back