What people are not saying about Clemson

Advertisement
Dang...I guess I've got (Clemson) orange glasses on - we're not very good....lol.

So is this a big win if y'all pull off the upset (is it really an upset considering how down Clemson is apparently?)

You must not listen to many podcasts because this has been talked about with Clemson quite a bit. Concerns with safety , lb , wr and ol. They don’t have their bit all about if talented athletes at those positions. Their ol normally has a ton of snaps together. Also plenty of the media thinks we’ll give them a run. Actually most of the predictions I see is it being a close game.

Talent wise this isn’t close to Clemson 2017-18.

I got 3 kids virtual learning under this roof - I’m gonna have to slip podcast summaries into their curriculum for me to keep up.

Agreed they aren’t the Clemson of 2-3 yrs ago, hope to see some of these chinks in the armor be exactly where we plunge our swords (no homo) on Saturday

Dang...I guess I've got (Clemson) orange glasses on - we're not very good....lol.

So is this a big win if y'all pull off the upset (is it really an upset considering how down Clemson is apparently?)

Nobody is saying y’all aren’t good but this roster isn’t what it’s been the last few years. Top to bottom. I mean if you’re a Clemson fan you should see it.

I’m sure y’all can make a run to the playoff but bama is on a way different level. The last five years I’ve viewed Clemson as just as good or better.

Would have still had to sit out.....
And how screwed would you have been without Lawrence and Etienne?

This is the problem with having superstars, it's almost always a let down when they leave.

Advertisement

I don’t think anyone sober is gonna say ur not good. But I think what they’re saying is that you guys are not as good as last year. You lost ur top two receivers which are nfl guys. A first round backer and corner. Some linemen and one of ur OCs which is an underrated loss. To say ur not as stout as last year is not exactly breaking news.

And how screwed would you have been without Lawrence and Etienne?

This is the problem with having superstars, it's almost always a let down when they leave.
Screwed? lol, no....

More questions - absolutely. We've been losing superstars every year for 5 or 6 years. Hey, maybe we won't have guys step up, but recently we've found guys who do.

Maybe you guys are just 'that good'?

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone sober is gonna say ur not good. But I think what they’re saying is that you guys are not as good as last year. You lost ur top two receivers which are nfl guys. A first round backer and corner. Some linemen and one of ur OCs which is an underrated loss. To say ur not as stout as last year is not exactly breaking news.
Right now, no - we are not as good as last year (and last year we may have been better than the year before...but LSU was 'that good'). May not be that good all year, but still early.

Feel bad? He seems pretty confident in himself...willing to bet he'll be pretty good.
Oh I think he will be good also. But the guy after the guy always has some high expectations. Kelly Bryant got you guys to the playoff but I’m sure many of your fans were not entirely happy with his season

Right now, no - we are not as good as last year (and last year we may have been better than the year before...but LSU was 'that good'). May not be that good all year, but still early.
I for one am happy to get you guys early while it’s possible you are still finding your groove with the new receivers and oline. So while we are going through something similar with our new offense I believe when the dust settles we have a better shot this weekend than sometime in late November let’s say

Advertisement
Screwed? lol, no....

More questions - absolutely. We've been losing superstars every year for 5 or 6 years. Hey, maybe we won't have guys step up, but recently we've found guys who do.

Maybe you guys are just 'that good'?
We have been in the past, and then there's that drop off. A key combination goes to the NFL, a coordinator or position coach leaves, and then you've gone form 100% to 94%, then the losses start to show up. No team stays on top. It just can't happen. Even the mighty Bama is headed for a reckoning. And with their dominance and attitude over the last x years, the rest of the SEC will be merciless on them.

Fortunately, you haven't been quite as bad, so you probably won't be as brutalized, but you'd better hope Dabo doesn't raid the staff.

Advertisement
So your observation outside their qb and rb, they’re an average team? Smdh
You don't just anoint a team based on the past. They have some problems and these are their pros and cons. So it's Clemson so they're supposed to beat us. And what have they done it's a whole new team

You have to play the games you can't just simply annoy a team because of their recruiting. Talent alone does not guarantee you a national championship. Crimson is a whole new team, they've got to go through the bumps and pains just like we do. And we're not Toothless in this fight

sometimes you got to stop listening to every YouTube analyst and what you see on television. And go inside the game, this is why Miami has a chance to beat them

Advertisement
Back