What people are not saying about Clemson

mikegrinder

Recruit
I watch the Clemson against Virginia and some of my observations you will see play out in this game. Starting with their safety position steady but not Elite,Plays can be made on them. Cornerbacks that took advantage of bad passes. And also was covering guys,who do not run 4.5 or 4.4 speed. Linebackers below-average, against our running back speed, will not be able to cover. Defensive line created pressure off and on. Only when linebackers were blitzing they got some pressure. Offensive line average, not a lot of experience. Wide receivers were not spectacular but effective. Quarterback no complaints and also with their leading running back. They made plays. And that's why Miami has a chance to beat them

Advertisement
i agree on the dline evaluation. their front 3 couldn't get any pressure unless they blitzed.
the Viriginia QB looks slower than a snail on tape but still managed to get a lot of rushing yards.
their best WR was a freshman going against clemson's db and still managed to get some good catches
their entire defense just looks big and physical but rather slow.

i agree on the dline evaluation. their front 3 couldn't get any pressure unless they blitzed.
the Viriginia QB looks slower than a snail on tape but still managed to get a lot of rushing yards.
their best WR was a freshman going against clemson's db and still managed to get some good catches
their entire defense just looks big and physical but rather slow.
And if you cannot get any pressure with your front. You are in trouble with an offense like Miami

Advertisement
Remember Clemson will gameplan for us differently than they would UVA. It’s not a we only do this type of D.

We SHOULD though see the DL struggle to rush the passer but be stout vs the run and the LBs are ok and could be had a few different ways. Expect seam routes and heavy RPO to test them. The real game comes down to how many stops can we get on that supremely talented offense

And if you cannot get any pressure with your front. You are in trouble with an offense like Miami
even if they go get pressure, we have a QB that can escape.
also, all of our throws are quick reads
the way to beat clemson is don't get negative plays (sacks, penalties, turnovers) and speed up the tempo of the game.

Well what changes is everything is it will be wet and Rainey on Saturday night due to the hurricane

Remember Clemson will gameplan for us differently than they would UVA. It’s not a we only do this type of D.

We SHOULD though see the DL struggle to rush the passer but be stout vs the run and the LBs are ok and could be had a few different ways. Expect seam routes and heavy RPO to test them. The real game comes down to how many stops can we get on that supremely talented offense
Bingo.. What we saw against other teams is not what Venables will have drawn up for us.. Luckily confident Lashlee is aware of this even if Diaz says again this week we were shown a defense they never ran before like every week, lol..

Advertisement
Venables will not play the same game plan against the Canes.......tendencies will be different for the Canes than the Hoos, and don't forget that this guy has knowledge and history on the Lashlee calls from the past. It will be an awesome chess match, and we have a great chance.
Should be exciting.

I just got a text from an alumni and ex Clemson player. He is an Exec with Exxon, and he said "this will be a straight up test to see where Clemson is THIS Year, and a good test for our Canes to see where we are in the ACC and football top 10 ongoing. Be careful though for the weather because that could become a factor"....he had good points, but don't forget the intangibles.

The winner will definitely step out in 2020 as major players in the ACC.

The intangible you guys always seem to forget is that every team seems like they play their hardest when they play us. Clemson is literally the opposite, they aren't motivated or getting up for those cupcake (to them) ACC matchups. Now its a primetime, top 10 matchup, and we're like that annoying bug buzzing around them. They're going to play harder than usual.

With that said, I still think we have a shot at winning. Need to come out immediately and drive down the field and punch them in the mouth though.

Positives in our favor:
-we had a bye week
-Lashlee is a good coach for situations like this
-King is a gamer, leader, etc. If they take away the throw, we run. If they take away the run, we throw. If they take those both away, we QB draw :love:

Negatives for us:
-we had a bye week (last year we were flat coming out of bye week. yeah this year 'feels' different, but we dont know that for sure just yet)
-we aren't used to playing in big games, they are
-its Clemson, they're loaded with talent. Keep blabbing on about how they lost 483 players to the NFL last year. What programs like that do is reload constantly. They have the "next man up" philosophy just like we do, except their depth chart is full of 5 stars.
-Etienne.

Questionables:
-If the WR's can step up, we can really do some damage, as they are going to be watching the TE's closely
-T Lawrence is also a runner (go re-watch the playoff game with Ohio St. He straight murdered them with his legs) Will we be able to contain him?
-T Lawrence is a ridiculously good passer. I really don't know how our secondary will do, but he's probably going to torch us. Hopefully the D Line gets enough pressure on him to mess with that ability.

Advertisement
Clemson is going to have to pick their poison. Take a chance and Blitz, and have the Deriq king throw the ball. I don't see Clemson blitzing that effective

Nobody is mentioning the speed and conditioning necessary to run our offense. As long as we string a few plays together to keep the ball and getting more first downs, we will wear their D down, especially lineman and linebackers...then try to cover Jordan or Mallory.

75F3F44B-2F29-409F-986C-FF0B08953D6D.jpeg

Advertisement
Worth noting they get a solid DT back for our game. Tyler Davis. He has been hurt since the opener. Their DL will be better than what we saw against UVA.

Why do you weirdos always suck these "OGs" ****s all the time like they know what they are talking about.
While I will admit I don’t read the site for your hot takes, Im going to enjoy a few more days of CiS being a less toxic place than usual and hope we are still relevant on the national stage after this weekend.

You just keeping doing you.

Advertisement
Back