What makes people assume Manny will be gone after the 2021 season?

Advertisement
I'm seeing people on threads needing mentioning how with his deciding decision to keep Baker on staff that he's written his own pick pink slip. I hear other people mention possible 2022 coaching candidates. I just don't see that happening. Barring a catastrophic collapse like a 4-8 season, why do people automatically assume he will be gone after this year? Coker, Golden, Shannon all got at least 4 seasons. Richt would probably still be here had he not retired. Has Miami ever fired a coach after 3 seasons?
Because his contract expires in 2023 and if he has a bad season or he can’t get into the ACC Championship game with everyone coming back & King at QB, he could get the Ax. If he doesn’t get canned, he might not get a contract extension and he’ll be coaching into year 4 with no contract extension in place. 8 wins or more he will probably get that extension. Anything less, well........

Coaches don't get fired when they go 6-7 to 8-3 it just doesn't happen. Yeah we all would like more W's and they're coming we're basically moving in phases. New db coaches and d line coach this year will go a long way in helping this team just like the Lashlee did for the offense. Manny is not going anywhere he's making adjustments the last two off seasons. The coach at Clemson took YEARS to get things right it's basically learning on the job Manny is a two year head coach alot of people forget that.

Manny is going to be here for awhile he's not going anywhere

Last edited:
Looking at our schedule, best case scenario is 11-1, worst case scenario is 7-5. Considering the usual blown game and flat start games that are expected, this team probably ends up 9-3. In that case, CMD isn’t going anywhere.

Advertisement
We only had 2 loses this year. Before this year Diaz had a top 10 Defense. When you match this with an improved Offense, this equates to winning. He got rid of Rump, improved the Dline, got a top 10 recruiting class for 2 years ago, somethin that Rich nor the white guy from Penn State was able to accomplish. We are moving in the right direction. What was Sabans record in his first 5 years of coaching. What was the record of the Clemson coach his first 5 years. Bunch of Trolls on this site spewing the same BS over and over again.
I’m not predicting the team’s performance, I’m guessing on what the cutoff point is for the school that determines whether or not they retain Diaz.

I don’t get the whole “if Manny doesn’t make it to the ACCCG next season, he will be fired” either. I think with the Athletic department’s track record, even if Manny goes anywhere between 5-7 to 7-5, he still gets the nod for the following “make or break year.”

Do I agree with it? **** no. Will it surprise me? Definitely not. Do I think Manny is the guy to at least get us to the ACCCG? Nah.

Do I want him to succeed? Of course. Rooting for my team to fail to continue the cycle of hiring ‘less than ideal’ candidates is foolish.

Until we get an Athletic Department that cares about WINNING football games, we will continue to be a 6-7 to 8-4 team with a once in a blue moon 10-2 season.

Advertisement
Baker defense ( manny’s) going to cost him, in reality it is yr 5 of that. If Bama does what most believe they will do to this team it will begin a downward spiral like we have all seen before. That will spell the end of Manny
I disagree. Barring major injuries (particularly to QB) this will be the most talented Miami squad since 2005, and it should be more than able to go 10-2, or 9-3 at worst. Aside from Alabama and North Carolina we should be favored in every other encounter next year.

I think 8 regular season wins gets him another season, unfortunately
IMO, 8 wins will buy him another year, with him bringing in a DC 🙄. For the MOST part, Manny’s Canes have shown that they will fight and won’t quit. I figure that even as if expected, Bama smacks us around a bit in the opener, I expect him to win at least 8 games. Therefore signaling to the BOT that he’s the guy. And we as fans are doing this whole song and dance again!

If you've learned one thing as a University of Miami Football fan since we hired Randy Shannon then it should've been this- ALWAYS add one additional year to what is the fanbase's consensus "make it or break it" year for the head coach.

I disagree. Barring major injuries (particularly to QB) this will be the most talented Miami squad since 2005, and it should be more than able to go 10-2, or 9-3 at worst. Aside from Alabama and North Carolina we should be favored in every other encounter next year.
So we are talented but we want 90% of our players to leave....

I’m confused

Advertisement
I'm seeing people on threads needing mentioning how with his deciding decision to keep Baker on staff that he's written his own pick pink slip. I hear other people mention possible 2022 coaching candidates. I just don't see that happening. Barring a catastrophic collapse like a 4-8 season, why do people automatically assume he will be gone after this year? Coker, Golden, Shannon all got at least 4 seasons. Richt would probably still be here had he not retired. Has Miami ever fired a coach after 3 seasons?
Because without a healthy king to save his corching *** this will be a collapse! You realize without king last year you single handily saved us in atleast 3 games were 5-6. Now he has a torn acl on a knee that already had a torn MCL. Also because his teams come out consistently flat, unprepared, undisciplined, unmotivated and with terrible technique every single game hence starting the bowl game down 21 to 0 from the get go! Also because every coach, player, commentator or analyst that’s called our games continues to say how badly coached this team is. Also because manny owns the two worst losses in the university of Miami football program history in just his first two years as head coach to fiu and UNC. Also because his defense is smoke and mirrors gimmicks and so severely flawed it can’t stand up to any team with a decent rushing attack or even worse a team with QB making his first ******* start! 🤢🤮 also because he went ahead just like Golden and kept his incompetent butt buddy on staff as defensive coordinator instead of firing his worthless @ss and replacing him with someone who won’t give up the most yards in program history to UNC and won’t give up a 4th and 17 with the game on the line also to UNC. Smh I could go on and on why he’s firmly on the hotseat and if he doesn’t win or seriously contend for the coastal will be fired at the end of the season. which since he’s most likely to go about 6-6 without a healthy king and the team quitting on him for the 3rd year in a row, I’d say the odds are very high his manure *** is out of here. But that’s not even the best part as flake James will be fired as well for hiring the loser in 4 hours and have to pay 4 million to temple to keep the loser who was still in the building, in the building. 🤦‍♂️

As long as Flake Lames is the AD Manny will be Coaching here unless he receives heavy pressure from the BOT to get rid of him.

That’s the real crux of the issue with what’s wrong with our program, our AD is HORRENDOUS, which trickles down to every other aspect & decision that follows after.

Until we get a competent AD, our program will remain on the hamster wheel of mediocrity.
While James is bad, the bot has overruled him before. Count me in as one of the people who thinks 8-4 puts him in serious peril.

Advertisement
Coaches don't get fired when they go 6-7 to 8-3 it just doesn't happen. Yeah we all would like more W's and they're coming we're basically moving in phases. New db coaches and d line coach this year will go a long way in helping this team just like the Lashlee did for the offense. Manny is not going anywhere he's making adjustments the last two off seasons. The coach at Clemson took YEARS to get things right it's basically learning on the job Manny is a two year head coach alot of people forget that.

Manny is going to be here for awhile he's not going anywhere
Manny ain’t “the coach” at Clemson. Not happening even with a gender change.

It’s same ppl who wanted him fired when he was announced the HC..don’t trip

Advertisement
Back