What makes people assume Manny will be gone after the 2021 season?

Gsugradcanefan

Freshman
I'm seeing people on threads needing mentioning how with his deciding decision to keep Baker on staff that he's written his own pick pink slip. I hear other people mention possible 2022 coaching candidates. I just don't see that happening. Barring a catastrophic collapse like a 4-8 season, why do people automatically assume he will be gone after this year? Coker, Golden, Shannon all got at least 4 seasons. Richt would probably still be here had he not retired. Has Miami ever fired a coach after 3 seasons?

Advertisement
Hard to say given the contract wording and how much his buyout would be. Going 8-4 he’s probably safe although that would mean 3 other losses outside of Bama to swallow. I don’t want to see my Canes flounder record wise in 2021, but if that means a candidate like Matt Campbell coming, then so be it

Hard to say given the contract wording and how much his buyout would be. Going 8-4 he’s probably safe although that would mean 3 other losses outside of Bama to swallow. I don’t want to see my Canes flounder record wise in 2021, but if that means a candidate like Matt Campbell coming, then so be it
With his minor moves on the defensive side of the ball this has bought him at the very least one more season

Advertisement
Baker defense ( manny’s) going to cost him, in reality it is yr 5 of that. If Bama does what most believe they will do to this team it will begin a downward spiral like we have all seen before. That will spell the end of Manny

I'm seeing people on threads needing mentioning how with his deciding decision to keep Baker on staff that he's written his own pick pink slip. I hear other people mention possible 2022 coaching candidates. I just don't see that happening. Barring a catastrophic collapse like a 4-8 season, why do people automatically assume he will be gone after this year? Coker, Golden, Shannon all got at least 4 seasons. Richt would probably still be here had he not retired. Has Miami ever fired a coach after 3 seasons?
Yes, Carl Selmer after the 76 season,.

I think 8 regular season wins gets him another season, unfortunately
We only had 2 loses this year. Before this year Diaz had a top 10 Defense. When you match this with an improved Offense, this equates to winning. He got rid of Rump, improved the Dline, got a top 10 recruiting class for 2 years ago, somethin that Rich nor the white guy from Penn State was able to accomplish. We are moving in the right direction. What was Sabans record in his first 5 years of coaching. What was the record of the Clemson coach his first 5 years. Bunch of Trolls on this site spewing the same BS over and over again.

Advertisement
Richt had 3 seasons.

I believe that 2021 will be a 6-6 season and will be when Blake James gives the ultimatum to Diaz. Make changes or you're on your own.

If he doesn't make changes and pulls more of this "betting on myself/demotion/reshuffle" BS after the 2021, then the 2022 season will be just as bad and that will give James reason to fire Diaz.

Barring a 3 win or worse season, Diaz gets 2021 and 2022 before he'll be fired.

bike 1.gif

He won't be fired unless like you said, another 2019 type season with embarrassing losses and blowouts.

Advertisement
As long as Flake Lames is the AD Manny will be Coaching here unless he receives heavy pressure from the BOT to get rid of him.

That’s the real crux of the issue with what’s wrong with our program, our AD is HORRENDOUS, which trickles down to every other aspect & decision that follows after.

Until we get a competent AD, our program will remain on the hamster wheel of mediocrity.

He won't be fired unless like you said, another 2019 type season with embarrassing losses and blowouts.
Well, seeing as how game one will make us look like Savannah State, he'll have a good jump on those embarrassing losses.

Advertisement
Richt had 3 seasons.

I believe that 2021 will be a 6-6 season and will be when Blake James gives the ultimatum to Diaz. Make changes or you're on your own.

If he doesn't make changes and pulls more of this "betting on myself/demotion/reshuffle" BS after the 2021, then the 2022 season will be just as bad and that will give James reason to fire Diaz.

Barring a 3 win or worse season, Diaz gets 2021 and 2022 before he'll be fired.
Lol, you really think we are going to lose 6 games.

Who's good with photoshopping? Time to send in "evidence" that Blake James was at the Capitol riots

Advertisement
Back