What made Dent flip to FSU class of 2019

Advertisement
Per 247, FSU is taking his brother Adarius as a grayshirt. Dent's brother isn't even close to a P5 level player, so it's pretty much the ultimate package deal

If this is accurate, it isn't something Richt hasn't done before. That is essentially how he got Sony to UGA. He promised to take older brother Marken on scholly, but he never made the move from UMass.

Pretty sure that's how Richt got Alec Olgetree too. Took his brother who otherwise wouldn't have gotten an offer for most Power 5 schools. I know we didn't offer him.

Per 247, FSU is taking his brother Adarius as a grayshirt. Dent's brother isn't even close to a P5 level player, so it's pretty much the ultimate package deal

If this is accurate, it isn't something Richt hasn't done before. That is essentially how he got Sony to UGA. He promised to take older brother Marken on scholly, but he never made the move from UMass.

Pretty sure that's how Richt got Alec Olgetree too. Took his brother who otherwise wouldn't have gotten an offer for most Power 5 schools. I know we didn't offer him.

Sony Michel too I recall

Advertisement
I know one of his coaches. Kid loves Bama apaprently, and his coach thinks its a forgone conclusion he winds up there. And also that he transfers for his senior year, likely to STA.

Personally i think we can still make a move with the type of season we are having now and can potentially have next year.

That move was pure genius if it works out for them. Had they just given him a scholarship or got him to walk-on, Dent could still de-commit after his brother enrolls. Grayshirting buys them a year to hold Dent hostage so-to-speak and keep him on track to enroll by the time NSD 2019 rolls around as his brother would go on scholarship at the same time.

if this is true then this is most likely the reason- close thread at this point.

Is what it is.

What if jimbo leaves and new coach isn't into this package deal?

Then all bets are off. However, a new coach could easily stick to that plan as they would be desperate to add as much talent as possible in the first 2 years.

Advertisement

Sony Michel too I recall

Really? I don’t remember it being discussed that Sony had a brother trying to get a package deal around that time. Interesting.

I know one of his coaches. Kid loves Bama apaprently, and his coach thinks its a forgone conclusion he winds up there. And also that he transfers for his senior year, likely to STA.

Personally i think we can still make a move with the type of season we are having now and can potentially have next year.

Interesting. Luckily for us STA is relatively pro-UM

This is facts.

He's been waiting on the Bama offer for 2 years now.

And transferring again? Lol, what's that 4 schools now? Great talent, but kid seems to be a head case.

I hope we stay on him, but he's a kid whose recruitment will be an absolute roller coaster ride all the way through.

An early commitment from him is just as good as a $3 dollar bill. He's the type that will tell you everyday for a whole year he's 100% committed then flip the night before NSD lol

afraid of comp
not Miami material
we have bigger fish to fry
we only want guys who want to be canes
got paid
grades were a problem
we stopped recruiting him

Advertisement

Sony Michel too I recall

Really? I don’t remember it being discussed that Sony had a brother trying to get a package deal around that time. Interesting.

My memory serves it was a transfer from UMASS.

Alec Ogletree went to UGA over Miami because they took his brother

Edit: didn’t see other people brought it up

Alec Ogletree went to UGA over Miami because they took his brother

Edit: didn’t see other people brought it up

Didn’t know Miami was a serious contender for Ogletree, that was a couple years before I started following recruiting.

I remember hearing Miami was in Adrian Peterson’s finalists and that he nearly flipped after visiting, but nothing confirmed.

We would’ve had DT Gerald McCoy had Sapp been present on his OV.

Then there’s Patrick Peterson flipping 4 days before NSD...

Bryce Brown...

Seantrel Henderson...

Plenty of very weird, elite recruitments involving The U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Is there anyone on our team now or a recent player that played at more than 2 high schools? I mean, I get moving from a small program to a big one if you're tapped, or family troubles. But 4?

pahokee is fsu country. we have a better chance in belle glade who still isnt um country

Advertisement
Back