What level does Ahmmon Richards reach this year?

His YAC yardage is off the chain. Not worried about the QB play. Richt just needs to get creative on how to get him the ball in the short passing game and let him do the rest.

Advertisement
Gonna probably get negged for this but Ahmmon is above and beyond Amari Cooper talent... he's a Julio Jones type of talent

At Georgia AJ Green had 3 impressive statistical seasons. AR can do it too, he has to adjust to how corners play him.

Advertisement
All I know is this:

By the end of 2016 Kaaya, Richards, Coley, Njoku were performing beautifully.

Three of those four are now in the NFL, and it's quite possible that we're worse on offense in 2017.

It's also equally possible that the incoming players adapt quickly and we soon forget all about those players from last year. It can go either way depending on several variables.

I almost started a thread on this topic.

I wouldn't say I'm nervous, but I can see us struggling offensively. It would take an injury or two (Walton and one of the OL starters), but that is very possible.

Lots of posters like to say "XYZ team would also be bad if their starters got hurt," but it's not necessarily true. We are thin at those positions because of attrition.

I'm much more comfortable with our frosh WRs than I am with our veteran backup RBs and OLs. Forget about TE...I'm hoping what D$ hinted at is where our offense goes - 4-5 wide. Seems that is where our skill & depth is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only knock on him is going across the middle full speed, but he might be the best pre-catch game changer...

A lot will depend upon Cager emerging to be a physically dominating #2 , and our three speedsters (Berrios, Harley, Thomas) blowing the top off the coverage. Even if Richards gets double teamed, he's enough of a stud athlete to make plays. But if the other guys keep the defense honest, which I believe they will, then Richards can have an AA year.

All I know is this:

By the end of 2016 Kaaya, Richards, Coley, Njoku were performing beautifully.

Three of those four are now in the NFL, and it's quite possible that we're worse on offense in 2017.

It's also equally possible that the incoming players adapt quickly and we soon forget all about those players from last year. It can go either way depending on several variables.

I almost started a thread on this topic.

I wouldn't say I'm nervous, but I can see us struggling offensively. It would take an injury or two (Walton and one of the OL starters), but that is very possible.

Lots of posters like to say "XYZ team would also be bad if their starters got hurt," but it's not necessarily true. We are thin at those positions because of attrition.

I'm much more comfortable with our frosh WRs than I am with our veteran backup RBs and OLs. Forget about TE...I'm hoping what D$ hinted at is where our offense goes - 4-5 wide. Seems that is where our skill & depth is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of what I was getting at as well.

Really though it's the QB. We can get better at the spot than Kaaya but we can also get a **** of a lot worse. I think the opportunities will be there but we gotta convert. If guys like Homer, Harley, and Thomas are ready, we are going to be good to go but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
itsover1000.jpg

Richards is smart and focused which makes him a safe bet. Potentially the best receiver in the country.

His top competitors are South Florida guys and he's bigger and faster than both of them.

A lot will depend upon Cager emerging to be a physically dominating #2 , and our three speedsters (Berrios, Harley, Thomas) blowing the top off the coverage. Even if Richards gets double teamed, he's enough of a stud athlete to make plays. But if the other guys keep the defense honest, which I believe they will, then Richards can have an AA year.

:Jordan: what speed? :kobe:

Advertisement
I think it's possible that he improves as a player even if his numbers don't reflect it. There's alot more talent at WR this year with the added freshmen and Cager returning. Plus I don't have a ton of faith in any of our QBs right now. It's possible we could have a very conservative offense.

Richards is the best WR at UM since Andre Johnson. He doesn't have a weakness. The biggest challenge for a WR is producing when teams start rolling coverages there way or focusing on taking away their strength or focusing to play to a weakness. AR has size, speed, hands, route running ability, intelligence, YAC, etc. Whoever our QB is this year - AR will make them look better than they are.

Advertisement

If a team doubles up on Richards - first, I don't think that would be enough - he's fast and slippery.

But if they are stupid enough to try that - they'll get scorched time and again by some other very fast, very good receivers of Richards caliber. Our receiver corps is loaded with skill, speed, and talent.

I think he'll become a better overall playmaker. I don't think whoever our QB is will throw for 3500+ yards. More like 3000+ yards and of that I see 900 of it regular season going to Ahmon.

Advertisement
Back