What level does Ahmmon Richards reach this year?

I think this kid is or will be as good as any WR in the nation, don't think he'll get the national publicity/recognition he deserves.

Advertisement
Lu is so crazy excited this year and I love it.
If the QB hysteria would die down a bit, I'd feel like I did in the late 90s and early 2000 period. I get it, though, and don't expect it to subside any time soon (or at all).

I honestly see no flaws in his game, he wins individual matchups at such an elite level at this stage in his development. The sky is the limit for him and I would be surprised if he is not a bonafide superstar by the the end of this season.

For those mentioning Stacy Coley, he played quite a bit more in the slot than I expect Richards to do this season. I'm already encouraged by what I've heard of Richards' use in practice, at least. If true, it shows flexibility.

Depends on if Berrios and Cager raise their game. Depends on if Thomas, Dallas, and Harley contribute right away. Depends on who the qb is and how they are about spreading the ball around. If we win big this year I expect him to be a household name by seasons end and considered one of the top wide receivers in the country the start of next season.

I think we'll start to see our players the way they used to be seen. A bunch of bad *** mother fvcker's who don't put up the most stats but are the best players on the field regardless who they line up against.

Advertisement
The closest guy richards compares too in terms of how they play is Amari cooper imo although Richards may have better top end speed

He has Cooper on top end speed but not the route runner Cooper is......Cooper is smooth like juedy.....Richards is elite though regardless he knows how to create space hes pretty much open all the time. Teams will gameplan for him he may get doubled so guys like Harley and Thomas can open things up alot.

Richards has better hands than Coop. Richards jumps out of the building as well. He's more physical than Coop. The only problem I could possibly see this year is the double team coming his way often, but even then, give Richards a quick slant and he could house it easily. I see Richards, if healthy, reaching All American status.

Among the top half-dozen WRs in the country. QB play may affect his numbers so unless Miami wins the ACC and makes the playoffs national recognition may be lagging.

Don't know how he'll do, but he has 2 new big fans after Canesfest on Saturday with how nice he was about taking pictures with my 2 kids. Chad Thomas DITTO. Mark Walton DITTO. Pinckney DITTO. J Jackson DITTO.

I'm expecting Richards/Thomas to be our best WR combo since Wayne/Moss.

Even with average QB play, I'd think Richards floor would be 2nd team All-ACC this year, and a 3 & gone player.

Advertisement
He has tremendous talent.

A great attitude.

Top notch work ethic.

And is 90% of the way to an NFL body.

Verdict: 1st round draft choice

I think this year he has a similar year. not a soph slump, but, slow start as teams are going to key on him until they realize they are getting beat on the other side or from the slot and they loosen up coverage on him. I think early on he's gonna have a tough time.

The closest guy richards compares too in terms of how they play is Amari cooper imo although Richards may have better top end speed

He has Cooper on top end speed but not the route runner Cooper is......Cooper is smooth like juedy.....Richards is elite though regardless he knows how to create space hes pretty much open all the time. Teams will gameplan for him he may get doubled so guys like Harley and Thomas can open things up alot.

Richards has better hands than Coop. Richards jumps out of the building as well. He's more physical than Coop. The only problem I could possibly see this year is the double team coming his way often, but even then, give Richards a quick slant and he could house it easily. I see Richards, if healthy, reaching All American status.

agree

Advertisement
I remember laughing at people thinking Bruce was better than this kid they was smokin that crack, just because of where he played. When the big dogs are flying helicopters over ur house chances r that prospect legit

agree

Coop still should've been a Cane, but he used to drop some easy dimes at Bama and he's doing the same thing at the next level too. Leads the league in dropped passes two years in a row (and I know b/c I got that **** on my fantasy team). Richards has stupid hands. He got robbed on that sick one handed, back shoulder throw against Pitt, too. That was one of the sickest TDs I saw (although they called him down at the 1 inch line). Richards was a god send to us, bro. Like, I haven't been this excited about a WR here since AJ.

Advertisement
I thought Ryan Moore and Stacy Coley were 1st rounders after their freshmen years. So I'm out of the WR prediction business.

Advertisement
Back