What is the toughest catch made in Miami history?

Advertisement
Game over. . catch....sean taylor 1st quarter fiesta bowl...cant find a vid without watch a full length vid and I refuse to dothat...ever..

Attachments

• image3542364.jpg
    image3542364.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
Jim Kelly to Larry Brodsky in '81 against Ped State on Halloween for an 80 yrd TD and the win
That wasn't a Tough catch...I was about 40yds away....Kelly threw a 15yd out....Brodsky stopped on a dime...DB took a Bad angle...Brodsky ran past Penn St sidelines for the TD.....

Advertisement
Id throw Jeff Thomas catch vs FSU in 2018 in there.... Perry threaded the needle and Thomas went up in between 2 defenders and snagged it.

That play sticks out to me for 2 reasons. 1st being it was a ballsy 3rd down throw and we were still down by 6 points but had the momentum and 2nd the next play Perry hit Brevin Jordan for the game winning touchdown

Huge play, bright lights, but the thread was what was the toughest catch. I don't feel this play applies.

Agreed. Part of why this play was successful was that Notre Dame didn't think we actually had the ballz to go for it on 3rd and 43. Even the announcers were conceding that it was about getting better field position for the punch.

Deep cut that deserves to be mentioned but definitely isn’t the answer: Glue Hands against Wake on Halloween in 09.

Advertisement
Number 7 Miami Vs Number 1 Notre Dame in November of 1989, Craig Ericsson to Randall Thrill Hill 3rd and 43 from the Miami End zone with the orange bowl packed over capacity (85,000 at least, we couldn't seat the entire game since people were two to a seat in the west end zone) at night! Won the game and the Ship that year!

There is no other answer. Thread should be locked after that reply.

Advertisement
Best possession reciever at UM in the last 35+ yrs....
Eddie Brown and Wayne had the best hands of any Canes I've ever seen...unbelievable possession recievers....That being said, another Huge catch was by TE Alfredo Roberts against OU in the 87/88 NC game....HUGE catch that people often forget about...

Advertisement
yup this is mine. Even though Buckley lined up 10 off on a 4th and 6. hahahaha. Still a great catch

Buckley was dominant. He was the best CB in college football. Looks how fast he broken on it and he went after Copeland’s legs.

It was tough and clutch as ****

Advertisement
Back