What is the toughest catch made in Miami history?

Advertisement
Andre Johnson made a catch against McNeese State in '00 as a redshirt freshman that was outstanding, but the refs called it incomplete.

And Reggie Wayne made a bunch of really difficult catches also, mostly because he never really separated that well, but d@mn he always came down with them...

Advertisement
Winslow was my first thought. He delayed the inevitable with Cokers teams. But when he made that catch and we won the game, the mini dynasty was still alive.

Advertisement
That wasn't a tough catch....Amazing play (I was there) but nowhere near as tough as Winslows....especially on 4th down...enabling us to win seconds later...

Good point.

If we were talking about “most fun non-TD catch in UM history,” then 3rd & 43 would have to be the undisputed winner.

Winslow Jrs against WVU....Your not supposed to be able to twist like that and make the catch....Unbelievable Catch on a garbage pass....

You’re right. Big fūcking guy twisting like that, keeping his feet under him so he could maintain body control, stretching vertically to the max to grab the ball, and making a sure handed grab. That was so long I don’t remember exactly what I said when he made the catch but knowing myself, it was probably along lines of “holy fūck”

Advertisement
I'll 58th that Winslow catch. That as unreal.

Also, didn't Ahmmon have an unbelievable one handed catch at the goal line that was ruled not a TD but clearly was?

I'll 58th that Winslow catch. That as unreal.

Also, didn't Ahmmon have an unbelievable one handed catch at the goal line that was ruled not a TD but clearly was?

YES!!!!! How in tf that wasn’t called a TD is beyond me.

Advertisement
Winslow was my first thought. He delayed the inevitable with Cokers teams. But when he made that catch and we won the game, the mini dynasty was still alive.
Some Mini Dynasty....No CFB Dynasty put more 1st rounders...more All Pros...and more HOFers into the NFL than that so-called "Mini Dynasty"...show me a CFB Dynasty...that had more Umph...than the 2000-2004 UM Teams....You simply can't...

Advertisement
Back