What is the toughest catch made in Miami history?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honorable mention credit to Stacy Coley against FSU in 2015. He had incredible body control on the end zone fade

Although I think he underachieved as a Cane. Coley stepped up versus FSU.Will always have huge respect for him for that.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember Lamar Thomas made a heck of a catch on the sideline (against Nebraska, I think).

Sean Taylor’s midfield INT against Taint in 2002 was amazing too.
I always thought ST’s second interception in the endzone was a fantastic play. Was too bad Clarett stripped him on the tackle after a 40 yard return. ST might have taken it to the house if not for MC.

Advertisement
Number 7 Miami Vs Number 1 Notre Dame in November of 1989, Craig Ericsson to Randall Thrill Hill 3rd and 43 from the Miami End zone with the orange bowl packed over capacity (85,000 at least, we couldn't seat the entire game since people were two to a seat in the west end zone) at night! Won the game and the Ship that year!
That wasn't a tough catch....Amazing play (I was there) but nowhere near as tough as Winslows....especially on 4th down...enabling us to win seconds later...

Advertisement
Back