What is the ******* ACC network doing?????

Advertisement
wake forest plays at 1130 on ACCN. theyre ranked. we suck. we got demoted to RSNs. no one wants to watch our brand of football

Wake plays at 3:30 on ACCN.

What I don't understand is, next week, there are 3 games on ACCN. Noon, 3:30, and 8:00. Mind you, Miami vs UVA is none of them, but that's another discussion.

This week, there are only 2 games on ACCN. 3:30 and 8:00.

Now, I *think* what happened here, is ABC picked Clemson vs Syracuse and put them on at noon. So the ACCN doesn't want to compete with its own conference at the same time slot. So they just throw scraps at the local affiliates, like Raycom, etc.

And I guess Wake gets the national ACCN 3:30 slot because they're 5-1 and ranked 13th. To be totally fair, if we were ranked 13th and weren't on a national channel, we'd go ballistic. What does surprise me though, is ESPN feels a #13 Wake @ Louisville game will get higher ratings than Duke @ Miami. That's pretty depressing.

Wake plays at 3:30 on ACCN.

What I don't understand is, next week, there are 3 games on ACCN. Noon, 3:30, and 8:00. Mind you, Miami vs UVA is none of them, but that's another discussion.

This week, there are only 2 games on ACCN. 3:30 and 8:00.

Now, I *think* what happened here, is ABC picked Clemson vs Syracuse and put them on at noon. So the ACCN doesn't want to compete with its own conference at the same time slot. So they just throw scraps at the local affiliates, like Raycom, etc.

And I guess Wake gets the national ACCN 3:30 slot because they're 5-1 and ranked 13th. To be totally fair, if we were ranked 13th and weren't on a national channel, we'd go ballistic. What does surprise me though, is ESPN feels a #13 Wake @ Louisville game will get higher ratings than Duke @ Miami. That's pretty depressing.
their schedule showed 1130 on the ACC website. I guess it was a typo in their schedule. ah never mind its a re-air LOL. were so bad. honestly, we dont deserve top billing for how we've played this year lol

and to your last point, objectively speaking, which is a better product? wake forest imo. were not fun at all to watch

their schedule showed 1130 on the ACC website. I guess it was a typo in their schedule.

and to your last point, objectively speaking, which is a better product? wake forest imo. were not fun at all to watch

Yeah, not sure what they're doing, but Wake @ Louisville is 1000% 3:30 eastern on ACCN. I can't ever remember an ACC game starting before noon, either.

And to your 2nd point, the execs at ESPN don't care about a product. They care about TV's turned on. Maybe Wake having a better product turns more TV's on, I'm not sure. But they obviously feel that a game involving the #13 team in the country will generate higher ratings than Duke @ Miami.

Yeah, not sure what they're doing, but Wake @ Louisville is 1000% 3:30 eastern on ACCN. I can't ever remember an ACC game starting before noon, either.

And to your 2nd point, the execs at ESPN don't care about a product. They care about TV's turned on. Maybe Wake having a better product turns more TV's on, I'm not sure. But they obviously feel that a game involving the #13 team in the country will generate higher ratings than Duke @ Miami.
Im saying I think theyre right. from the tv standpoint, wakes been an exciting product. no one cares about. miami like they used to esp w how bad we've been

Advertisement
GAMES SHOULD BE EASY TO FIND, particularly when you are a top program.
It can really all be reduced to this statement. Sadly, we do not check this box at this point. As a result, we are not easy to find. We are a mid tier team in a low tier conference, with a low tier media deal. It is what it is, and hopefully finishing the regular season on a 5-1 run with a good showing in a bowl game changes that for us next year.

Lol nobody wants cable in 2022, it was already bad enough that we had to go to ACC network to see the game , now they don’t even show our games because it’s too early ?? Lol how much money is the ACC paying them ??because they are not doing their job it’s false advertisement , it’s so bad that its not even on illegal streaming sites like stream east , this is just another way we will lose recruits…… and I’m not paying $30 for Bally sports app
The choices are, either pay to see your team play, or complain about not being able to see them play, despite the fact there’s at least a half a dozens mediums in which you can watch them play lol.

Anybody in 2022 who doesn’t know how to watch their D1 College Football team is on them & their fault.

It’s actually very very easy to do lol

Advertisement
The choices are, either pay to see your team play, or complain about not being able to see them play, despite the fact there’s at least a half a dozens mediums in which you can watch them play lol.

Anybody in 2022 who doesn’t know how to watch their D1 College Football team is on them & their fault.

It’s actually very very easy to do lol
I’m going to see them play, I haven’t missed a game yet, I’m not complaining about paying im just complaining about the ACC network it’s trash , why does it exist if it’s not doing what it was intended to do ?? but we so use to trash **** we just accept it I guess.

who's a top team lol? not us.

We are a top team. Regardless of our current W-L record, we still draw eyeballs. Which, last time I checked, was the whole purpose of televising games. If TV wanted a matchup of "undefeated teams", they would broadcast more Division II and Division III games. If TV wants a matchup of teams that people care enough to watch, they would broadcast more Miami games.

But, sure, Miami mopers are going to continue to tell us how terrible we are, and how nobody wants to watch our games. Wrong.

By the way, what's the wrasslin' record of most heels? Don't they lose more matches than they win?

It can really all be reduced to this statement. Sadly, we do not check this box at this point. As a result, we are not easy to find. We are a mid tier team in a low tier conference, with a low tier media deal. It is what it is, and hopefully finishing the regular season on a 5-1 run with a good showing in a bowl game changes that for us next year.

Please stop the Miami moping. We are a top program historically. I don't care if Vanderbilt was 6-0 right now, nobody is going to watch their games because they are "currently" hot. People continued to watch Alabama games pre-Saban. People continue to watch Texas games through multiple bad coaches.

We are a top program. We have been poorly coached, but we have top talent and we are capable of winning a lot of games. ****, we should be undefeated at this point, and the primary reason we are not undefeated is a few poor coaching decisions and turnovers, not an inability to compete and not a deficit of talent.

And, for the record, because we have a lot of stupid porsters on this board, I am NOT "making excuses", I'm just giving a reflection of the closeness of our losses and the possibility that the outcome could have been better (regardless of poor coaching or bad execution). We were on potential game-tying or game-winning drives against aTm and UNC, and we outscored MTSU after digging an early hole.

If we're decent to good, we may draw eyeballs. We aren't and Duke isn't a compelling draw. That's why we're relegated to the nether regions of broadcasting because most people aren't like us, ******. People whose jobs depend on their network bringing in eyeballs to make money have spoken and we're not a money draw.

Advertisement
If we're decent to good, we may draw eyeballs. We aren't and Duke isn't a compelling draw. That's why we're relegated to the nether regions of broadcasting because most people aren't like us, ******. People whose jobs depend on their network bringing in eyeballs to make money have spoken and we're not a money draw.

This is why you are a terrible mopey porster. Because you never let facts, logic, or reality get in the way of your vague generalizations about how we are not "decent to good" or "compelling".

This week there are ONLY FOUR ACC GAMES BEING TELECAST ON SATURDAY. One of those is on ABC (Syracuse-Clemson). That leaves THREE conference games, all of which could be telecast on the ACC Network. Particularly since the 12:30 time slot on ACCN is open.

Last week, there were ONLY FOUR ACC GAMES BEING TELECAST ON SATURDAY. Same situation, and as someone has already pointed out, the ACC Network ran a repeat documentary instead of, you know, A LIVE FOOTBALL GAME.

Again, the purpose of the ACC Network is to broadcast ACC games, to get more people in the United States to watch ACC games. AND THEY ARE NOT FULFILLING THAT MISSION, some of which is likely due to the legacy issues involving the regional sports network that our former commissioner's kid worked for.

So stop being a d!ckhead Miami moper and telling us how our games are not being televised because "we suck". For two weeks, THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN FOUR TOTAL ACC GAMES ON SATURDAY, with at least one going to a national broadcast channel. There has been absolutely NOTHING to interfere with putting three games on ACCN. Nothing having to do with "bad teams" and "non-compelling matchups".

It's time for you to quit using generalized Miami mopery to justify the terrible decisions (and/or contracts) of the ACC Network.

I thought the network was supposed to support ACC teams.
Start our game at 12:30 when they could start at 12 and show it. I know we are not great, but why not at least put a game on the network rather than showing some other BS?
I just don't understand it. ******* stupid. Even if we are 3-3, Miami/Puke will probably be a decent game.
Fvck the ACC. Just venting. 2 ******* weeks in a row!
It will be 3, UVA is also on Bally.

It will be 3, UVA is also on Bally.

It's so ridiculous. Next week there are FOUR conference games on Saturday (plus Syracuse plays OOC Notre Dame and BC plays OOC UConn). Somehow, the ACC Network figures out how to schedule a triple-header on ACCN for the first time, but yet they couldn't do that for this week or last week.

Advertisement
We are a top team. Regardless of our current W-L record, we still draw eyeballs. Which, last time I checked, was the whole purpose of televising games. If TV wanted a matchup of "undefeated teams", they would broadcast more Division II and Division III games. If TV wants a matchup of teams that people care enough to watch, they would broadcast more Miami games.

But, sure, Miami mopers are going to continue to tell us how terrible we are, and how nobody wants to watch our games. Wrong.

By the way, what's the wrasslin' record of most heels? Don't they lose more matches than they win?
draw eyeballs - three straight games relegated to Ballys...

Please stop the Miami moping. We are a top program historically. I don't care if Vanderbilt was 6-0 right now, nobody is going to watch their games because they are "currently" hot. People continued to watch Alabama games pre-Saban. People continue to watch Texas games through multiple bad coaches.

We are a top program. We have been poorly coached, but we have top talent and we are capable of winning a lot of games. ****, we should be undefeated at this point, and the primary reason we are not undefeated is a few poor coaching decisions and turnovers, not an inability to compete and not a deficit of talent.

And, for the record, because we have a lot of stupid porsters on this board, I am NOT "making excuses", I'm just giving a reflection of the closeness of our losses and the possibility that the outcome could have been better (regardless of poor coaching or bad execution). We were on potential game-tying or game-winning drives against aTm and UNC, and we outscored MTSU after digging an early hole.
You live in some fantasy reality. This is the kind pf stuff that ends up on message board geniuses.

We are what our record says we are, and what our media coverage says we are.

The good news is it starts fresh annually so next year could be great.

Last edited:
draw eyeballs - three straight games relegated to Ballys...

You are ignoring the obvious, because it doesn't suit your agenda.

There are problems with the ACC Network and our contracts. Time slots are available on ACCN and ACCN is not using those timeslots.

That's a problem, but the problem is not "relegation".

aTm hasn't won a national championship since the 1930s, they had a bad G5 loss the week before playing Miami, they are now 3-3 (1-2 SEC), and yet...

---they had their second or third largest crowd OF ALL TIME for the Miami game
---people still watch their games live and on TV
and
---the SEC isn't pushing multiple aTm CONFERENCE games onto Bally

This isn't about "oh, our games suck", this is about problems with the conference, the network, and the decisions that are made by others.

There are plenty of daytime timeslots and plenty of times in the middle of the night to air reruns of Clemson documentaries.

All of you guys saying it isn’t airing because we suck are missing one valid point. It’s because we suck, that a game against Duke actually is an interesting watch to the rest of the country.

Advertisement
Back