What is the ******* ACC network doing?????

Advertisement
3 weeks in a row actually. UVA game will be on it too. I'll have to find the game on some dirty youtube link since youtube tv doesn't have the channel.

These games are all on ESPN3 meaning if you have the ESPN app, you can stream anyone of these games on a SmartTV, a smartphone or a laptop.

I get the frustration with crap broadcasts, but games aren't that hard to find.

Advertisement
Well. What are we gonna do? Cause it’s not changing. So I don’t see the point in complaining. If Miami was competent this wouldn’t even be an issue. Either way, I watch. No issues. I cut the cable cord in 2019 and been streaming on 4 TVs ever since. Best decision I made.

I’m not the complaining type, but on this I will b/c it affects a good portion of this fan base & it affects the school I root for. Yes, it’s spilt milk that nothing can be done about, but that milk is lingering and is spoiled af.

Advertisement
These games are all on ESPN3 meaning if you have the ESPN app, you can stream anyone of these games on a SmartTV, a smartphone or a laptop.

No they aren't. They are blacked out for ppl who live in Miami.

I have ESPN via YoutubeTV and was not able to watch the game on ESPN 3.

The ACC is contractually obligated to air a certain number of games per season (football, baseball, and basketball) on the Regional Sports Networks. Not sure when the contract ends, but it is a legacy from the Swofford/Raycom days. These games I believe are still produced by Raycom. This is why when the ACC Network had an open slot, our game was on Bally Sports.

Also, typically the game choice TV pecking order for the ACC is as follows:
1. ABC/ESPN
2. ESPN2
3. ESPNU/ACC Network
4. RSN

This means every single ESPN Network passed on airing the Miami games in favor of other ACC matchups, which is why we're on Bally Sports three weeks in a row.

Of course, now the only TV providers that still have Regional Sports Networks are the legacy MVPDs like DirecTV and Xfinity and Spectrum. Fubo TV might be the only streamer (other than DirecTV Stream) that still carries the RSN's. Even Dish Network dropped them.

Anyways, typically when the games are on Bally Sports, depending on where you live, here's where you can typically find them:

Bally Sports Arizona
Bally Sports Detroit
Bally Sports Great Lakes
Bally Sports Midwest
Bally Sports North
Bally Sports San Diego
Bally Sports SoCal (or West)
Bally Sports South (or Southeast)
Bally Sports Southwest
Bally Sports Sun (or Florida)
Bally Sports Wisconsin
Marquee Sports Network (partially owned by Sinclair like the other Bally Sports Networks; RSN in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska)
MASN
NESN (or NESN+)

Streaming
Pennsylvania & Outside ACC States
ESPN3

ACC States
Bally Sports
MASN
NESN
YES

You won't be able to stream on WatchESPN if you live in the ACC Footprint (other than Pennsylvania). You'll have to use the Bally Sports App (or MASN app if you're in DC/MD/VA, NESN app in MA or YES app in NY) instead and login with a TV Provider account that has the RSN subscription.

Last edited:

Again, please note that the comments were not strictly limited to the technological methods necessary to get the game, but rather were focused on the efforts that anyone has to go through to find the game.

And before you try to act like this is an age-driven problem, where "old people" don't know how to use smart phones or TVs or computers, just take a look at the comments that say "I couldn't do X in my particular market".

We can debate this issue forever and ever, but it comes down to something very simple. GAMES SHOULD BE EASY TO FIND, particularly when you are a top program. Nobody has to tell Alabama fans "hey, use your smart TV or a smartphone or a laptop". And, yes, I'm completely aware that I used an extreme example, NOT as a comparsison, but as an illustration of where we want to be, exposure-wise.

Finally, most of the PROBLEMS that Miami (and the ACC) are having are NOT due to "smart TVs or smartphones or laptops", but are actually due to the ridiculous contracts (and carveouts) created by the ACC leadership, and the inscrutable/illogical/non-transparent way that the ACC decision-matrix-for-assigning-games actually operates.

Again, please note that the comments were not strictly limited to the technological methods necessary to get the game, but rather were focused on the efforts that anyone has to go through to find the game.

And before you try to act like this is an age-driven problem, where "old people" don't know how to use smart phones or TVs or computers, just take a look at the comments that say "I couldn't do X in my particular market".

We can debate this issue forever and ever, but it comes down to something very simple. GAMES SHOULD BE EASY TO FIND, particularly when you are a top program. Nobody has to tell Alabama fans "hey, use your smart TV or a smartphone or a laptop". And, yes, I'm completely aware that I used an extreme example, NOT as a comparsison, but as an illustration of where we want to be, exposure-wise.

Finally, most of the PROBLEMS that Miami (and the ACC) are having are NOT due to "smart TVs or smartphones or laptops", but are actually due to the ridiculous contracts (and carveouts) created by the ACC leadership, and the inscrutable/illogical/non-transparent way that the ACC decision-matrix-for-assigning-games actually operates.

Does Swofford's son still work for Raycom Sports? He's singlehandedly responsible for keeping that "network" afloat.

Advertisement
This is so funny, but I'm not sure why they didn't make a "Die Ridgemont" version instead of the "as new" version...
View attachment 211731

This is one of the most popular/collectible Dale Sr. diecast cars, the 1997 "Crash Car":
View attachment 211734
A few diecast companies have done "weathered" versions and they just don't sell like the original.

But that one would be great.

A few diecast companies have done "weathered" versions and they just don't sell like the original.

But that one would be great.

In 1985, my high school was "vandalized" in the name of our rival high school right before our big football game. I'm not entirely certain that it wasn't a false flag operation inspired by Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

For the record, the phrase "Lake Mary Rulse" was spray-painted at the front of Lake Brantley. Regardless, it's funny. Either the Lake Mary meatheads couldn't figure out how to spell "Rules" or some Lake Brantley students made it SEEM LIKE the Lake Mary folks couldn't spell.

Win-win.

who's a top team lol? not us.

Advertisement
It will be on the ESPN app & you can still see it if depending on TV Provider.

On DirecTV it’ll be on channels, 640, 646, 664, 675, 676, 693 & 694.

Worse come to worst, the games always get uploaded in full on YouTube just an hour or 2 right after it’s over.

You guys either better step your TV service provider up or just watch the games on YT, at this point it’s really on you if you can’t watch the game, it’s pretty readily available on multiple platforms.

I understand the frustration to a degree, but just being honest, if you can’t figure out how to watch the games it’s kinda your own fault...
Lol nobody wants cable in 2022, it was already bad enough that we had to go to ACC network to see the game , now they don’t even show our games because it’s too early ?? Lol how much money is the ACC paying them ??because they are not doing their job it’s false advertisement , it’s so bad that its not even on illegal streaming sites like stream east , this is just another way we will lose recruits…… and I’m not paying $30 for Bally sports app

Lol nobody wants cable in 2022, it was already bad enough that we had to go to ACC network to see the game , now they don’t even show our games because it’s too early ?? Lol how much money is the ACC paying them ??because they are not doing their job it’s false advertisement , it’s so bad that its not even on illegal streaming sites like stream east , this is just another way we will lose recruits…… and I’m not paying $30 for Bally sports app
wake forest plays at 1130 on ACCN. theyre ranked. we suck. we got demoted to RSNs. no one wants to watch our brand of football

we aren't a fun team to watch. we play like ****. were playing duke who is an ACC blue blood. its bc we suck is why were on this 1230 time. I prefer it though. lets get this over it and move on w my day
Man that’s one of the worse things. The games don’t even be entertaining. You have to catch very specific moments to see big plays made by this team.

I started checking out other games highlights on YouTube every week and Miami always got some of the shortest videos

Advertisement
Back