What is Barry Jackson saying here?

Advertisement
Nothing concrete yet but certainly looks that way. There’s definitely interest in our DL coach job and our secondary job.

It’ll be interesting because we’re not getting big names to come and coach S or CB - they want both. Or if not both, they want the Co-Dc title.

We have the Associate HC, and Co-Dc title available to throw around and get some solid names.
So still looking like Baker returns?

Advertisement
Thats not a problem, thats the basic ****.
That’s why we started recruiting WRs at CB

But turning your head and locating the ball while still having a “feel” for where the receiver is at is not basic. It’s actually one of the most advanced CB characteristics

Hard to coach. Especially when you’re not recruiting speedy guys. These long guys that don’t run great are all afraid of taking their eye off and losing their guy. Fast guys can peek or cheat and make it up. But it’s still hard to coach.

That’s why we started recruiting WRs at CB

But turning your head and locating the ball while still having a “feel” for where the receiver is at is not basic. It’s actually one of the most advanced CB characteristics

Hard to coach. Especially when you’re not recruiting speedy guys. These long guys that don’t run great are all afraid of taking their eye off and losing their guy. Fast guys can peek or cheat and make it up. But it’s still hard to coach.
Yeah, thats true. CBs tend to panic in that aspect.

Advertisement
None of this shuffling around/demoting Baker stuff makes sense. He can go be a DC somewhere. And if he's demoted here there's no way he's working his way back up to DC here. The whole thing is weird.

None of this shuffling around/demoting Baker stuff makes sense. He can go be a DC somewhere. And if he's demoted here there's no way he's working his way back up to DC here. The whole thing is weird.
Not weird. Diaz doesn’t want to put his boys out on their ***

Barry like
1609953103312.gif

Advertisement
Safeties, LBs, Corners, OL, Kickers. It doesn't matter. There isn't any nuance to these positions, so just throw anyone out there and get good results. I think it works the same for surgeries. Need a knee replacement? Cardio, Dermatologist, Neuro, whatever.
That’s why the CIS doctors are as successful as coaches as they are medicine

If I am a position coach no way do I accept a job as a defensive position coach if Baker is still DC. Not without a **** of a buyout.
OTOH if I am a defensive coordinator I do not accept a job at Miami unless I can hire my guys at coordinator positions.

Advertisement
I'd be ok with DVD in an assistant coaching role with a primary secondary coach. It seems like DVD adds value in the recruiting world but with no prior coaching experience, he can't assume that role without oversight.

I'd be ok with DVD in an assistant coaching role with a primary secondary coach. It seems like DVD adds value in the recruiting world but with no prior coaching experience, he can't assume that role without oversight.

I love DVD but its gotta be 100000 percent experienced candidate. no more guys learning on the job. we already have an HC doing this

That’s why the CIS doctors are as successful as coaches as they are medicine
At least this is a hobby for most here. No one is getting paid to throw **** at the wall. Imagine, on the other hand, the folks who are paid large sums of money to often throw **** at the wall.

Advertisement
Back