What is Barry Jackson saying here?

Madabs

Sophomore
Is it Baker being demoted or that he will also coach safeties. I also wonder who this coach looking for work was.

5C31709B-80A5-481A-B5F0-B5BEA79D2779.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well it is a **** show because we are trying to hire coaches without them knowing who their boss might be. This is as screwed up as a 6 hour job search that ends with hiring a head coach with no head coaching experience. Anyone could do the job these people are doing at UM right now, in fact they could hire much better if anyone there had an ounce of professional hiring experience. Board of Trustees needs a committee of adults overseeing them!

Don't see Baker coaching safeties. Does he have any relevant experience? Is Manny going to give up recruiting safeties moving forward cuz this cat can't recruit.

Advertisement
I told you guys this was gonna happen😂

Turns out Baker is moving to safeties not Patke.

No, it's a demotion. Has to be the context of Barry's article. The reason why is because Baker is ALREADY the DC and ILB coach. He's not going to take on three defensive roles (i.e. DEF COORD., ILB, and Safeties). Barry's point is, a coach has called Manny seeking clarity if he will fire Baker, but Manny is telling other coaches, "I probably won't fire Baker, I will probably keep him on staff and let him coach safeties, but I will be looking for a new def. coord.".

That's how it reads.

Advertisement
After the **** Barry pulled yesterday, there is no shot he knows anything. UM is not feeding him ****.

Exactly. No credible source is going to talk to him. He's just trying to get generate buzz. And it makes no sense that he'd move Baker to safety. He coaches LBs (poorly) and no indication he knows anything about the techniques required to excel at the position. I think it's possible Diaz would keep Baker on in some capacity (like outside LB coach, non-playcalling co-DC) since Miami is going to have to pay him whether he's there or not. But most importantly he won't be calling plays, which I'm happy with.

Don't see Baker coaching safeties. Does he have any relevant experience? Is Manny going to give up recruiting safeties moving forward cuz this cat can't recruit.
I believe Baker did coach safeties at Arkansas St and La Tech

Advertisement
Manny figures he’s got 2-3 great not good but great safeties in place so he figures he can put Baker there and at least he will have decent players that just might overcome his ****iness as a coach.

No, it's a demotion. Has to be the context of Barry's article. The reason why is because Baker is ALREADY the DC and ILB coach. He's not going to take on three defensive roles (i.e. DEF COORD., ILB, and Safeties). Barry's point is, a coach has called Manny seeking clarity if he will fire Baker, but Manny is telling other coaches, "I probably won't fire Baker, I will probably keep him on staff and let him coach safeties, but I will be looking for a new def. coord.".

That's how it reads.
no. It reads that right now baker is still dc and diaz hasn’t given a answer either way on baker.

Advertisement
Back