What is Barry Jackson saying here?

Advertisement
Baker Is not capable of coaching safeties or their play wouldn’t be sub par either. He was responsible for the entire D and D staff. He was in charge of the major shiiit show and worst performance in history. Saben flew a chopper in for Gurvan, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but Gurvan is not a good player...or hasn’t played good. Was Saben wrong in evaluating him or has our D staff, overseen by Baker not developed him?

no. It reads that right now baker is still dc and diaz hasn’t given a answer either way on baker.
Yeah it’s written oddly. So a guy looking for a job is asking who’s the DC and was given a vague answer about Baker in that position. But then the next line talks about him coaching safeties but doesn’t specifically say only or in addition to being DC.

Advertisement
Whether this holds water or not, it emphasizes why Manny just needs to clean house with the entire defensive staff. Keeping the previous DC on in any capacity is going to turn away a lot of potential DC candidates.

And if he's just going to ride with Baker, then he didn't learn **** from what happened to Golden or Richt and we'll be looking for a new HC this time next year.

Yeah it’s written oddly. So a guy looking for a job is asking who’s the DC and was given a vague answer about Baker in that position. But then the next line talks about him coaching safeties but doesn’t specifically say only or in addition to being DC.

so it seems like barry is turning to literally anyone outside of the program for an answer or clue as to whats going on within the program.

Whether this holds water or not, it emphasizes why Manny just needs to clean house with the entire defensive staff. Keeping the previous DC on in any capacity is going to turn away a lot of potential DC candidates.

And if he's just going to ride with Baker, then he didn't learn **** from what happened to Golden or Richt and we'll be looking for a new HC this time next year.

agreed. three guys are already gone from whats been reported and confirmed. no point in keeping the other 2 esp if youre looking for a play caller

Advertisement
I believe Baker did coach safeties at Arkansas St and La Tech
He coached Safety's 1 year at Arkansas, and a year at Latech. When Manny took the Mississippi State job they gave Baker the DC position. It's disgusting that Manny literally turned around and did the same thing at Miami. This dude Baker is the definition of under qualified. He had literally just became a position coach before he was given a coordinator job

This would be a nightmare if Baker went to safeties and DVD to CBs. It would be such a Miami move, I hate it here.

would be a failure. i like DVD and was a nice dude in class, but i was hoping he'd actually go with Banda to kickstart his coaching career in CFB to gain the skills and experience he needs to come back here as an assistant on field

Baker Is not capable of coaching safeties or their play wouldn’t be sub par either. He was responsible for the entire D and D staff. He was in charge of the major shiiit show and worst performance in history. Saben flew a chopper in for Gurvan, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but Gurvan is not a good player...or hasn’t played good. Was Saben wrong in evaluating him or has our D staff, overseen by Baker not developed him?
As was noted earlier Saban was just stopping to ask for directions and to take a ****...😂

point taken but we just lost our best recruiter on defense and might lose our second best recruiter in Stroud. You don't take your DC who can't recruit and make him your safeties coach while praying others are able to land studs.
The development on the field from safeties has been sad....and there are some recruits that were turned off by Bandas attitude

Advertisement
Coaching safeties instead of ILB but still being DC is the way I took it

Meaning there still won’t be a legitimate DB coach coming here if that’s the case.
This is just insane. Absolutely zero justification or rationale for this move or really any move keeping Baker on staff, especially if they demote him.

Last edited:
He coached Safety's 1 year at Arkansas, and a year at Latech. When Manny took the Mississippi State job they gave Baker the DC position. It's disgusting that Manny literally turned around and did the same thing at Miami. This dude Baker is the definition of under qualified. He had literally just became a position coach before he was given a coordinator job

Well, that is the same amount of time he worked with Manny prior to coming to Miami, so clearly Baker is a lifelong safety coach.

Advertisement

There is 0% chance Baker stays on as a coach if he gets fired as DC. Manny is not that dumb and Baker would have too much self respect.

Advertisement
Back