What impressed you yesterday?

Saturday was a good day to watch CFB without having to worry about a Canes game.

For me, three things stood out:

- Georgia’s defense. It’s an elite unit that will need to make up for a solid but undertalented QB.

- Tennessee’s OL. They have three stars in the group with Cade Mays, Wanya Morris and especially Tre Smith. UF’s DL is vulnerable and will be tested.

- Lawrence to Rodgers. The best QB in the country and his favorite weapon. We can’t let #3 beat us next week. There is a big drop off in experience after him.

What jumped out at you?
If I were an NFL GM I would probably have a rule to never spend a pick in rounds 1-4 on a RB because you can find serviceable guys and not blow your budget. And then I would break my rule and draft Etienne. Guy has amazing speed and has some stregth and power to go with it.

Advertisement
Etienne.

Georgia’s defense.

Oklahoma sucking.

Texas programs paying top dollar for consistent mediocrity.

FSU basically ran a read option high school offense and that might win them some games until Travis gets broken in half.

Virginia Tech being immune to COVID-19
I am convinced that VT, having missed two games due to postponement, decided to play regardless of their situation due to fear that the conference would cancel their season if they had missed yet another game.

- BYU's QB Zach Wilson has terrific arm talent, he was slinging it all over the field vs LA Tech (wasn't yesterday, but I was very impressed with his game on Friday)

- TCU's Safety La'Kendrick Van Zandt was a pure dog vs Texas, he was a big reason why they won.
Gary Patterson is legit one of the best coaches in the business, even when his team is void of top tier talent he coaches his boys up to being productive players & is still consistently producing 1st rounders in the NFL.

- Super impressed with Cincinnati's Secondary, they forced 5 INT's vs USF, Ahmad Gardner is low key the best pure cover corner in college football & Coby Bryant on the other side of him has very good ball skills as well. Their DB's play outstanding coverage. Marcus Freeman is one of the best young up & coming DC's in the college football.

- I was impressed with Tulsa upsetting UCF, Phillip Montgomery has done a good job with building up that program & considering the limitations they have he's managed to put together a pretty good squad this year.

Their CB's coach Aaron Fletcher is a friend of mine, he's one of the most underrated coaches in terms of the mainstream, but within the business he's one of the most well respected coaches, he's highly touted & regarded down in Texas & has lowkey put a bunch of CB's in the league. He's a guy I would love to see him have the resources we have here at Miami & watch him work at a bigger program, would be a pitbull on the trail, but even more importantly is a very good developer of talent.

- I'm impressed by how much of a Super Corch that Muschamp is but maintains close to rock solid job security. The boosters at South Carolina must be tight on money because Idk how he consistently keeps losing & for whatever reason they just won't fire him. He's South Carolina's Al Folden.

- NC St's QB Devin Leary, he's just a Sophomore but he really made a jump & stepped up his play vs a very good Pitt Defense. Leary was a 48% passer his TF season & looked awful in every game he played last year. (Go watch NC St vs Wake Forest from 2019, he was worse than Rosier vs BC). But he looked really good vs Pitt.

- Tony Fields II for West Va was all over the field in that Baylor game, he was a game changer Defensively. He's another Vegas kid like Bubba Bolden, he went to Desert Pines not Gorman though, but Nevada got some quiet ballers out there.

- LB Bumper Pool & CB Joe Foucha for Arkansas played a **** of a game vs Miss St. Foucha had 2 picks & Bumper had 20tcks & 2PBU's. Ark has 2 DB's from Louisiana who were balling & their Defense overall was very well coached & disciplined, Barry Odom is their DC so that makes perfect sense. I think Sam Pittman is gonna have Arkansas as a very competitive team in the West in the next 2-3 years, he's doing a great job recruiting athletes at Corner.
Forgot to mention was also very impressed with Frank Gore Jr, he rushed for 130yds & 1TD at 5.7ypc.

He would've been a very good depth back here.

Forgot to mention was also very impressed with Frank Gore Jr, he rushed for 130yds & 1TD at 5.7ypc.

He would've been a very good depth back here.

In a vacuum, yes. But be careful with this. You have a lot of people here who think it makes them smart to blast the staff for literally everything they do. So while your statement is accurate, there was not room for him in a class with Chaney and Knighton.

I get 100% what you're saying. But people with agendas, as silly as they are on an anonymous message board, will take this and run with it.

In a vacuum, yes. But be careful with this. You have a lot of people here who think it makes them smart to blast the staff for literally everything they do. So while your statement is accurate, there was not room for him in a class with Chaney and Knighton.

I get 100% what you're saying. But people with agendas, as silly as they are on an anonymous message board, will take this and run with it.
It wasn't meant to bash the staff at all, was just saying Frank Jr imo is good enough to play here.

Advertisement
It wasn't meant to bash the staff at all, was just saying Frank Jr imo is good enough to play here.

For sure. I knew 1000% what you meant. Just saying there's a lot of geniuses here who will take that as an opportunity to **** on the staff. In most other years, I'd have been clamoring to get him here too. Just got squeezed out by the 2 horses we got.

Advertisement
- BYU's QB Zach Wilson has terrific arm talent, he was slinging it all over the field vs LA Tech (wasn't yesterday, but I was very impressed with his game on Friday)

- TCU's Safety La'Kendrick Van Zandt was a pure dog vs Texas, he was a big reason why they won.
Gary Patterson is legit one of the best coaches in the business, even when his team is void of top tier talent he coaches his boys up to being productive players & is still consistently producing 1st rounders in the NFL.

- Super impressed with Cincinnati's Secondary, they forced 5 INT's vs USF, Ahmad Gardner is low key the best pure cover corner in college football & Coby Bryant on the other side of him has very good ball skills as well. Their DB's play outstanding coverage. Marcus Freeman is one of the best young up & coming DC's in the college football.

- I was impressed with Tulsa upsetting UCF, Phillip Montgomery has done a good job with building up that program & considering the limitations they have he's managed to put together a pretty good squad this year.

Their CB's coach Aaron Fletcher is a friend of mine, he's one of the most underrated coaches in terms of the mainstream, but within the business he's one of the most well respected coaches, he's highly touted & regarded down in Texas & has lowkey put a bunch of CB's in the league. He's a guy I would love to see him have the resources we have here at Miami & watch him work at a bigger program, would be a pitbull on the trail, but even more importantly is a very good developer of talent.

- I'm impressed by how much of a Super Corch that Muschamp is but maintains close to rock solid job security. The boosters at South Carolina must be tight on money because Idk how he consistently keeps losing & for whatever reason they just won't fire him. He's South Carolina's Al Folden.

- NC St's QB Devin Leary, he's just a Sophomore but he really made a jump & stepped up his play vs a very good Pitt Defense. Leary was a 48% passer his TF season & looked awful in every game he played last year. (Go watch NC St vs Wake Forest from 2019, he was worse than Rosier vs BC). But he looked really good vs Pitt.

- Tony Fields II for West Va was all over the field in that Baylor game, he was a game changer Defensively. He's another Vegas kid like Bubba Bolden, he went to Desert Pines not Gorman though, but Nevada got some quiet ballers out there.

- LB Bumper Pool & CB Joe Foucha for Arkansas played a **** of a game vs Miss St. Foucha had 2 picks & Bumper had 20tcks & 2PBU's. Ark has 2 DB's from Louisiana who were balling & their Defense overall was very well coached & disciplined, Barry Odom is their DC so that makes perfect sense. I think Sam Pittman is gonna have Arkansas as a very competitive team in the West in the next 2-3 years, he's doing a great job recruiting athletes at Corner.
Think Manny would actually rid us of Rumph and go after an innovative CB coach like Fletcher?

I just keep thinking this season it is impossible to judge anything week to week. There is not a lot of consistency anywhere.

I think Clemson can and is better than they showed.

Advertisement
Still can’t get my head around how Pope was a 5 star. Lol the kid is built like Blackman and has about the same football IQ as Blackman. Could’ve had Elijah moore. Smh
He's built like Merton Hanks that used to play for the 49ers

If it was as simple as playing players then the coach wouldn’t do anything on the social justice front or trying to understand his players’ position.
I.E. Nick SAlan, Orgeron, Malzahn, etc...
That doesn’t mean Clemson doesn’t pay players
in fact, I’d like to know how much Lawrence and Etienne are being paid to have returned for another year of college
But the statements on the jerseys isn’t about paying players.
He and his staff in June had issues with race relations and former players seeking on there use of the n word

Advertisement
Clemson kinda looks overrated and nothing scares me about them.

if we come to play on both sides of the ball, we should be 4-0 and ranked #2 in the nation come next Sunday morning :neonu:

and gators will get tested next week by Jimbo

Hmm, possibly but honestly with Georgia not being able to spread the ball vertically, Tenn still in their ascension phase and the rest of the SEC hot and cold, I think Florida is the number 2 team in the SEC after Bama. Pretty consistent and it looks like in this college football season that’s going to be the equalizer. Who can be consistent on a weekly basis.
I believe if we can do that with our O and out Dline putting pressure up front taking some of the load of our secondary as a whole, we have a good chance to make it to the playoff or at the very least a major bowl game.

I look at this year as a showcase on the national stage that we’re on our way back up. Recruits see this year as a success and we go into home with more than our storied success. Tangible progress to show starts to get us back.

Manny is smarter than most of us gave him credit for. He’s not going to make sweeping changes all in year one. Little by little once one thing stablizes, he moves on to the next. Like a good CEO. The “Mannchise”. Interesting times...

Advertisement
Back