What if We had hired Dan Mullen in 2010

Why because at this present moment he is 6-1 and ranked 11th? He is halfway through his 1st season @UF. Plenty can and will happen between now and the moment he has 3.5 years in at said program.

It's a crap shoot for the most part and you lower your odds even more. When you're cheap or allow coaches to hire noobs.

This shark ****** won 2 SEC East titles and that didn't stop him from winning 4 last year and getting fired.

Advertisement
Y'all talking about the same Dan Mullen that this board told me wasn't **** because he didn't win anything at Mississippi ****** State?

**** guy has UF looking better in year 1 than Richt has Miami looking in year 3.

This shark ****** won 2 SEC East titles and that didn't stop him from winning 4 last year and getting fired.
This. Remember how the previous "offensive genius" at UF rode a great defense and special teams to two SEC east titles his first two seasons despite having a mediocre (at best) offense? He ended up fired midway through his fourth season. Some of you guys are so quick to jump on a gator coach's **** it's laughable.

He interviewed before we hired Golden and if we had had him instead of Golden where would we be today. Supposedly when he interviewed both times he was thought as being brash. Maybe that is what we needed a ****y brash coach and it wouldn't hurt now to have some fire coming out of coach.

We’d be an elite program no doubt.

We’ve hired the same coach twice in a row.

Advertisement
Mullen isn't "****y" or "brash"—he's a nerd that tries to act like a tough guy on the sidelines and makes cartoonish faces that have him looking like a complete buffoon.

It's year one at Florida and he needed a miracle to escape Vanderbilt last week. Relax.

Either way, the guy isn't a Miami fit by any stretch; back at Gainesville where he coached under Meyer and was part of the Tebow legacy.

Can’t wait to bump this after our opening game in 2019

He probably wouldn’t have been the long term answer but he would’ve done better than Golden.

I couldnt see him and his staff building strong enough relationships in south Florida to sustain success

He’s outrecruiting Mork Rick right now...

Advertisement
Y'all talking about the same Dan Mullen that this board told me wasn't **** because he didn't win anything at Mississippi ****** State?

**** guy has UF looking better in year 1 than Richt has Miami looking in year 3.

**** bro...I'm just realizing that this is the dumbest collection of football intellect anywhere...ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man cut it out . Yal overreacting like some women in here . Let the **** season play out . Yal geekin over a 6-1 start . They lost to Kentucky . Barely beat Vandy . Now Yal want to act like Vandy is a great team ? They have 1 good win this year , LSU. The better team lost because of turnovers.

And It’s not a better start than we had last year

Advertisement
What is "back"?

He beat LSU at home because of a lot of turnovers
He got his *** kicked by Kentucky

Last year we beat ND and VT and we weren't "back" so why is Florida getting praise

First of all, f**k the gators. That being said, Mullen is 6-1and has UF ranked #9 in the country, with a win over LSU who is currently ranked #4. That's about all you can ask of from a coach in his first year at a program.

He’s outrecruiting Mork Rick right now...

So are 19 other programs. Not hard to do this cycle. However, the more I’ve thought about it, Mullen/Diaz could’ve been great here with a strong staff. Ah well. It’s not like we were THAT close to hiring him.

He didn’t make the final 2 in 2010 or 2015/16, which speaks to our incompetence in the athletic department.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats on this board are funny. Had CIS been around in the 80s/90s these folks would have trashed the Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson hires because they didn't win anything at the schools they were at before Miami.

Advertisement
Mullen isn't "****y" or "brash"—he's a nerd that tries to act like a tough guy on the sidelines and makes cartoonish faces that have him looking like a complete buffoon.

It's year one at Florida and he needed a miracle to escape Vanderbilt last week. Relax.

Either way, the guy isn't a Miami fit by any stretch; back at Gainesville where he coached under Meyer and was part of the Tebow legacy.

Is calling him a nerd supposed to be an insult? I would love an offensive nerd on our staff right now

He interviewed before we hired Golden and if we had had him instead of Golden where would we be today. Supposedly when he interviewed both times he was thought as being brash. Maybe that is what we needed a ****y brash coach and it wouldn't hurt now to have some fire coming out of coach.
Had one before, think his name was Jimmy ????

Advertisement
Back