What if We had hired Dan Mullen in 2010

Advertisement
Bump this thread again when UF is playing Bama in the sec ship. They’re going to get slaughtered but that is a great feat for Mullen’s first year. UF will expose Georgia next week.
Yeah I got UF winning that one.

Only in cane fan dom when things go sour we praise other teams coaches after awhile start praising other teams players while throwing our players under the bus.relax fellas in 2016 things didn't look very bright after going through 15 years of coaching futility that left us in the pits.talent is a lot better know except at oline and qb.takes a lot more time to build a decent oline.once we get that the offense will look like we expect it to.

I like Mullen and his offense is looking twice as good as ours. He was also considered a “QB guru” with the work he did with lesser talent. Dak and Fitzgerald looked great in his salary and now bum *** Felipe is putting up points. With Mullen running the offense and Diaz running the defense at Miami we probably would be where we were last year maybe without a loss to Pitt and a more competitive game against Clemson.

Advertisement
Y’all were crazy for knocking his record against ranked opponents when he was at Miss State playing Bama, Auburn, and LSU EVERY year while they were almost ALWAYS in the hunt for a national title.

The real question was how often did he lose as a favorite?

And what was Miss State before he got there?

Morehead wont keep the train running. And Mullen will have Florida competing for the SEC East from now on.

We missed the shot to get him when we fired Golden, and I think we could have had him. But hiring him instead of Golden would have seen us hiring Cristobal right after Mullen left Miami (sanctions) to be the Tennessee coach, instead of Butch Jones.

Y’all were crazy for knocking his record against ranked opponents when he was at Miss State playing Bama, Auburn, and LSU EVERY year while they were almost ALWAYS in the hunt for a national title.

The real question was how often did he lose as a favorite?

And what was Miss State before he got there?

Morehead wont keep the train running. And Mullen will have Florida competing for the SEC East from now on.

We missed the shot to get him when we fired Golden, and I think we could have had him. But hiring him instead of Golden would have seen us hiring Cristobal right after Mullen left Miami (sanctions) to be the Tennessee coach, instead of Butch Jones.
You're way off base here, he has done nothing to prove he can win at the biggest level

Is he supposed to beat the top dogs all the time while at Miss. St? No, but **** occasionally would be nice. He never beat someone more talented, that's not a good indiction of coaching prowess

Yeah he beat LSU( who was on the road and had an off game )

But he also got whipped by Kentucky at home this year and has played NOBODY else. I think you guys are giving him way too much credit so far

You're way off base here, he has done nothing to prove he can win at the biggest level

Is he supposed to beat the top dogs all the time while at Miss. St? No, but **** occasionally would be nice. He never beat someone more talented, that's not a good indiction of coaching prowess

But he also got whipped by Kentucky at home this year and has played NOBODY else. I think you guys are giving him way too much credit so far

RIcht never beat anyone with more talent either. He also lost a **** of a lot more to teams with less talent than Mullet did.

Can’t believe I saying this BUT he is doing far better than Richt right now. Teams have similar issue on the OL and QB positions but Mullet seems to be managing those issues better. Wouldn’t want that corny *** faqut on our sideline though. I don’t like that guy!! Don’t think he’s a great recruiter either.

Advertisement
LMAO are you really talking about losing to a basketball school? Kentucky is way better at football than UVA is.

Clearly you are joking. They have an alltime losing record. You cant even name one person in the nfl past or present from kentucky without googling it. Virginia has always had a more respectable football program than kentucky. Get real

Advertisement
He's a good coach, runs a good system, but I don't think he is a UM/South FL guy. He's probably where he's supposed to be.

Clearly you are joking. They have an alltime losing record. You cant even name one person in the nfl past or present from kentucky without googling it. Virginia has always had a more respectable football program than kentucky. Get real

Im pretty sure he’s talking about THIS season.

Are we talking about a game that took place 15 years ago? Or a game that took place this season? Kentucky would obliterate UVA this year. Kentucky is 31 spots above UVA in total talent per 247.

Advertisement

We’ll agree to disagree.

And I’ll hope you’re proven accurate when the 2019 season starts. Clearly, Richt should have the better roster in his 4th season at Miam, right?

We’ll agree to disagree.

And I’ll hope you’re proven accurate when the 2019 season starts. Clearly, Richt should have the better roster in his 4th season at Miam, right?
If you wanna be technical richt took over a Georgia team that was in the gutter and turned them into perennial 10 win teams. Mullen did not do the same to a Mississippi State fan

You're right, actually we already have all the players we need outside of offensive line

If you wanna be technical richt took over a Georgia team that was in the gutter and turned them into perennial 10 win teams. Mullen did not do the same to a Mississippi State fan

You're right, actually we already have all the players we need outside of offensive line

That is BS. The booster support at UGA is 100x better than at Miss. UGA was a better program than Miss was. Richts beast season was with Jim Donnans recruits. UGA rise had nothing to do with Richt. It had to do with UGA HS football getting significantly better from the 90s to the 00s. UGA is the 4th best football state in the country and they have only 1 competitive P5 school in the entire state. Miss is barely in the top 20 and they have 2 P5 schools in the state. Miss St is the lesser of the two and for a good portion of Mullets stay he was going against Ole Miss bags.

Advertisement
Back