What if We had hired Dan Mullen in 2010

Thank you for admitting that your previous post - in which you simply compared results against a common opponent - was ill-informed.
Dunning-Kruger betrays your reading comprehension. Now look at that left hand pic and keep jagging on Richt

Advertisement
So if Georgia had hired Ron Zook instead of Mark Richt, Georgia would have jumped from a 7 win team to a 10 win team?

Your understanding of UGA football is not accurate.

Richt replaced Jim Donnan as the HC at UGA.

Donnan was 10-2, 9-3, 8-4, and 8-4 in his last 4 seasons at UGA. They fired him because they believed they were better than that ... They believed, then, that they should be a perennial contender.

Richt making them a perennial contender didn't change their expectation ... He met the expectation. And he was fired when they decided his best days were in the past, and couldn't keep them as a contender.

Miss St. was never going to fire Mullen for going 8-4 every year ... BECAUSE THE PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS ARE DIFFERENT.

Your understanding of UGA football is not accurate.

Richt replaced Jim Donnan as the HC at UGA.

Donnan was 10-2, 9-3, 8-4, and 8-4 is his last 4 seasons at UGA. They fired him because they believed they were better than that ... They believed, then, that they should be a perennial contender.

Richt making them a perennial contender didn't change their expectation ... He met the expectation. And he was fired when they decided his best days were in the past, and couldn't keep them as a contender.

Miss St. was never going to fire Mullen for going 8-4 every year ... BECAUSE THE PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS ARE DIFFERENT.

Georgia having those expectations didn't mean they were right. There was nothing automatic about being a 10 game winner at Georgia.

Your example proves my point. Jim Donnan and Ray Goff certainly couldn't win 10 games a year. Mark Richt could, though. Georgia expects championships in 2018 because Richt got them to 10 wins a year. If he doesn't go to Georgia, they might still be Mississippi State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Racism
Jagger doesn't know why they is a scoreboard lol

Easy on the ebonics.

The scoreboard is there to show who wins the game. The scoreboard isn't there to compare Team A to Team C. How many examples would you like to see?

Advertisement
Georgia having those expectations didn't mean they were right. There was nothing automatic about being a 10 game winner at Georgia.

Your example proves my point. Jim Donnan and Ray Goff certainly couldn't win 10 games a year. Mark Richt could, though. Georgia expects championships in 2018 because Richt got them to 10 wins a year. If he doesn't go to Georgia, they might still be Mississippi State.

The topic is about the ceiling for programs, and comparing 10-3 seasons.

10-3 at UGA is a minimum requirement. 10-3 at Miss St. is a great accomplishment.

I'm not knocking Richt to elevate Mullen ... But I am on the side that believes Mullen elevating a program from 21-38 the 5 years before he arrived to where they are now was an accomplishment. And I think he'll do better with better talent.

Advertisement
Back