X's and O's What If TVD Stays For 2023?

Gattis is just a "fixing his red zone woes" away from pulling a Rhett Lashlee. All this talk about him being gone is waaay pre-mature.

If TVD is still staring down receivers at this point I pretty much assumed he'd be staying anyway. NFL scouts will tear that apart. Him being in our system another year along with another year of chemistry with our coaches and players can only help us.

Garcia may stay and compete with TVD if he thinks he's better. Neither was recruited by Mario so there's no danger of anything but competition. I can also see him leaving. I don't see TVD transferring. It's the NFL or UM.
Gattis’s plan was always to rip and dip from the get go. I would be surprised he returns but crazier things have happened.

Advertisement
TVD.PNG

If the offense runs the same way it's run in October for the rest of the season then he's gone.

Running list of my least favorite, commonly-occurring CIS threads/posts, in no particular order:

1. Wins/Losses by game when the schedule is released.
2. Hiring HCs or assistant coaches when there is no job opening or smoke around a firing.
3. What if player x leaves/doesn't leave early, before bowl season has even started.
4. Multi-year old bump threads.
5. Recruiting thread bumps when there is no news about the recruit.
[Edit 6.]: Bring back @The Franchise, as if he's ever been band or didn't leave of his own volition.
Tell Lebron James GIF

I just don't see NFL teams looking at TVD as some elite prospect. If anything he is a project. Has the arm talent but it is telling that under two different coordinators they had to simplify things for him before he started putting up those big numbers. He didn't exactly light it on fire under Lashlee until some tweaks were made to his offense to simplify things so he could make quicker reads.

No NFL OC is going to be tailoring his offense around TVD.

However, that will not change if he stays. Hopefully, he does move on so Jake can have his turn.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know this; TVD stopped running hard the moment he started getting NFL hype. The TAMU game where he would slide or dip out of bounds any time a defender got within 5 yards of him was telling. All over college football I see QB's much smaller than him running and taking hits in an effort to get a first down. TVD is 6'-4", 225 pounds and he runs as if he's an anorexic ******* girl. This tells me that he's gone after this season.
He does not seem as mobile as he did last year. That’s just my impression.

Lets see what happens the rest of the way. Agree, it’s not likely all three kids return. Also even if TVD leaves it’s not a given Garcia is the QB.
not a given if TVD stays he beats out Jake. team seems to like playing for Jake in 2 appearances........& he's played well both times
wonder what would have happened if he stayed healthy last year b??? got hurt in last game and again played well

Advertisement
I'm not sure about TVD staying for 2023 - but if Gaddis stays for 2023 - Mario should be committed - you know - hospitalized.

He is not going to the draft. Dude loves So Fla. Golf, hoe's and NIL money. He knows we are gonna get better next year when Mario actually recruits some talent into this progrum. We got one more year at least.

Advertisement
He is not going to the draft. Dude loves So Fla. Golf, hoe's and NIL money. He knows we are gonna get better next year when Mario actually recruits some talent into this progrum. We got one more year at least.
Good point about the NIL money. There is absolutely no hurry to go pro.

Running list of my least favorite, commonly-occurring CIS threads/posts, in no particular order:

1. Wins/Losses by game when the schedule is released.
2. Hiring HCs or assistant coaches when there is no job opening or smoke around a firing.
3. What if player x leaves/doesn't leave early, before bowl season has even started.
4. Multi-year old bump threads.
5. Recruiting thread bumps when there is no news about the recruit.
[Edit 6.]: Bring back @The Franchise, as if he's ever been band or didn't leave of his own volition.
7. Starting a thread announcing you're leaving instead of just leaving.

Advertisement
Back