X's and O's What If TVD Stays For 2023?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Good? Bad? Meh?

I suspect Garcia or Brown hit the portal if he returns.

From a personal standpoint, it might help his draft stock in 2024 with a good season.

Overall does a 2023 with TVD help our Canes long term? I don't think it does.

Advertisement
1666297678209.gif

I never really understood the thinking on this stuff. If he comes back, and plays, it’s because he’s in theory still the best QB. So how would that be bad for the team? I guess it only makes sense if you think the 2nd string guy is truly going to be better all around come game time, but if he’s not clearly showing it in practice seems like a dumb risk.

Advertisement
Running list of my least favorite, commonly-occurring CIS threads/posts, in no particular order:

1. Wins/Losses by game when the schedule is released.
2. Hiring HCs or assistant coaches when there is no job opening or smoke around a firing.
3. What if player x leaves/doesn't leave early, before bowl season has even started.
4. Multi-year old bump threads.
5. Recruiting thread bumps when there is no news about the recruit.
[Edit 6.]: Bring back @The Franchise, as if he's ever been band or didn't leave of his own volition.

Last edited:
From a fan perspective - of course we want him back. Pretty simple. But that would make for a crowded QB room where it's going to be a hard sell to keep Garcia in particular from transferring. Rashada is Mario's recruit, Garcia isn't.

From TVD's perspective - if he finishes the year strong, go pro. No brainer. If the rest of the year is up & down - to be honest - I'd hit the portal. Any top team that's a QB away from winning it all would love to have him. I'd love if he was faithful to the Canes - but my honest advice would be go shoot your shot.

Running list of my least favorite, commonly-occurring CIS threads/posts, in no particular order:

2. Hiring HCs or assistant coaches when there is no job opening or smoke around a firing.
3. What if player x leaves/doesn't leave early, before bowl season has even started.
how can you not love CIS!?

Advertisement

I’m hearing Saban is leaving and Miami is the favorite. And that Kelly is leaving after the 2024 season.

Advertisement
I never really understood the thinking on this stuff. If he comes back, and plays, it’s because he’s in theory still the best QB. So how would that be bad for the team? I guess it only makes sense if you think the 2nd string guy is truly going to be better all around come game time, but if he’s not clearly showing it in practice seems like a dumb risk.
Does his return for one more year, then leaving anyways, hold back the development of Garcia, Brown, or one of the freshman coming next year?

It isn't like a pro roster where you get to stay for year and years*.

*Bar Milo excluded

Advertisement

It is a legitimate question. TVD staying has some broad ramifications for the future of our Canes.

As for sitting out Bowls, wait until players, probably on out of CFBPO contention, start sitting out say from week 9-10 and on to "focus on the draft"

Advertisement
Back