What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

Question for those supporters of botch. After he was released by unc no legit football power hired him. If he was the great coach and recruiter, scores of colleges were seeking a new coach, he never was hired. Why? Botch is a gypsy. His dna is to never stay long at a job. His policy backfired and he became coach of one of the worse football programs in the country, fiu. Sad end of a career.

Advertisement
Well, we can see if Butch can redeem himself at FIU. His recruiting powers should easily defeat his rivals in Boca Raton, right?

Advertisement
No sarcasm on my part....My Son is a UM Grad (Law) 2008.....Kudos to you...
All my Echo friends went to law school.
Me? Took Lsats & GRE,, wimped out. Just went for a Masters,,i do question my actions so long ago.
I applaud your son for taking the bull by the Horns..

I have 2 degrees FROM UM,,
Economics & an MBA in finance. Class of 1976.
Polls & bowls, if you lose early, like at UW, you are at the mercy of teams losing above you. It didn't work out. Deal with it crybaby.
And NO , not drinking wine with yer mama..

Do the University of Miami a solid and not admit you have two degrees from them, OK? Who spells “your” as yer?? God, even ur back woods slang suck.

Advertisement
Not arguing the strength of your other points otherwise, but don’t get carried away.

This is a different era in recruiting.

Of that list, that’s just wild *** guessing we get any of those players with Butch, and it’s almost certain we don’t get Jobe, Surtain, or Cook. Jobe was playing us from day one. When pops Surtain had the closed door meeting with Saban 6 months before NSD (documented), the deal was done, Cook was a front runner playing everyone but supposedly was always headed to FSU and on and on....

Wait, so you think that if Butch had stayed until now that we basically wouldn’t be how like Bama is today? I understand they do some illegal **** Miami can’t afford to do but most kids want to win. If we were reeling off national championships or appearances almost every year you don’t think we would have the pick of the litter ? It’s safe to say we could have landed every kid on that list except for Adrian Peterson he was a Texas kid. Not saying we couldn’t have landed him if we were winning ships I just wonder if he meant Patrick Peterson. Let’s say for arguments sake with all of that said and because of the new era of recruiting and we couldn’t hold up in the arms race and couldn’t get the pick of the litter? We still would be alright and winnning ships because we have Butch at the helm who is known as being one of the best if not the best evaluators of talent in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.
MIC Drop......

Coker def lead to our downfall and i believe if butch stayed, we would have prevented that USC dynasty from taking over. Butch wasn't the best gameday coach, but the level of talent he amassed along with his amazing ability to develop talent would have lead us beat people just based on talent. Butch had an unparalleled eye for talent. that being said, i was a bring back butch guy but i think i was very wrong about richt and im glad i was.

Advertisement
I think so....He should've played & beat OU....would've Won 2001...2002 and very possibly 2003....The level of recruiting took a massive dive under Larry....also....assistants left UM as well...(Chuds...Johnson..etc)...To make matters worse...Kehoe and Soldinger are fired....ALL those guys were Butch hires....I know one thing......If Butch were to have stayed...we'd have more NCs than we do now....The number of kids we lost out on because of Clappy...Shannon and Golden...wouldn't of happened with Butch....

coker had no control and didnt like to recruit. same problem with randy shannon, shannon would just offer a whole high schoo lteam.

Wait, so you think that if Butch had stayed until now that we basically wouldn’t be how like Bama is today? I understand they do some illegal **** Miami can’t afford to do but most kids want to win. If we were reeling off national championships or appearances almost every year you don’t think we would have the pick of the litter ? It’s safe to say we could have landed every kid on that list except for Adrian Peterson he was a Texas kid. Not saying we couldn’t have landed him if we were winning ships I just wonder if he meant Patrick Peterson. Let’s say for arguments sake with all of that said and because of the new era of recruiting and we couldn’t hold up in the arms race and couldn’t get the pick of the litter? We still would be alright and winnning ships because we have Butch at the helm who is known as being one of the best if not the best evaluators of talent in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.
MIC Drop......
Peterson LOVED UM.....Coker screwed that up....too busy trying to get Kirby Freeman

Advertisement
MIC Drop......

Pick your MIC back up, Butch wasn’t staying no matter what. The most he would have stayed is one more year. Anybody that thinks he would have stayed longer than that is delusional...

this article was clearly written by someone who didnt live through that era. I mean, Butch inherited a nightmare and SOOO much went on that people forget.

Advertisement
Back