What happens with these transfers like Cade Weldon

Advertisement
Which happens annually anyway.

Yes but not really. Only a small handful of programs (Bama, LSU, Ohio State) will cut players but the unwritten rule that **** near every college program respects is that a kid does not lose his scholarship for not being good enough to contribute.

Yes but not really. Only a small handful of programs (Bama, LSU, Ohio State) will cut players but the unwritten rule that **** near every college program respects is that a kid does not lose his scholarship for not being good enough to contribute.
Truth

Advertisement
He's not coming back, my guess would be dropping down a division, going JUCO for a year to rehab the image and get on the field.

30 schools to choose from and 0 P5 choices that he will start at.

So what? Most of the major FCS schools would take him. So would a Top 10 JUCO. Weldon has some talent and is reasonably athletic. Just needs to grow up. He was done the second Richt resigned and it was clear he had zero chance once Martell transferred in. Quite frankly a change of scenario would do him good.

Advertisement
The situation with Cade is a little different bc the writing was on the wall that he would never see the field, but if Ezzard or Cager tried to withdraw from the portal I think they would have a hard time in the locker room.

The NFL is different to me bc players are under actual contracts and are just making the best decision for them and their families. I do agree that the college locker room will adapt quickly to free agency and I'll even take your comment a step further and say I think we are near the end of amateurism in CFB too.

Scholarship offers are "actual contracts" as well. A college athlete must also do what's best for them, just as you say an NFL athlete must do. There is little to no difference between these scenarios. If you doubt this, watch what happens over the next few years. This will be full blown free agency.

The NCAA can no longer put restrictions on kids like they did in decades past. This is their best effort to maintain college football and basketball without having to pay these kids. The big lie of, "Oh you're getting a $200K college education for free" is dying on the vine.

Think of it like this: A kid on academic scholarship can make money tutoring other kids. A kid on a music scholarship can teach music lessons for money on the side and can put out their own music for sale. But a kid on an athletic scholarship has been prevented from "benefiting from their own likeness" (meaning they cannot sell autographs, get paid for appearances, etc.) and cannot financially benefit from their talent in any way. (can't teach football lessons to middle school kids, etc.)

Why would we give the kid a hard time if he ended up coming back (he won't)? He wants to play and is just putting his name out there for suitors. Just because it looks unlikely to play given our situation here doesn't mean he isn't a capable college QB and might see success at another school. If nobody picks him up, well he tried and nobody should give him **** about it.

Sad... but years from now the young man will regret ****ing away last year.
With his pedigree, if he had outworked the other QBs he could have been ahead and starting by the end of the year....

Oh well, more fun smokin dope... dumb kids

Advertisement
Scholarship offers are "actual contracts" as well. A college athlete must also do what's best for them, just as you say an NFL athlete must do. There is little to no difference between these scenarios. If you doubt this, watch what happens over the next few years. This will be full blown free agency.

The NCAA can no longer put restrictions on kids like they did in decades past. This is their best effort to maintain college football and basketball without having to pay these kids. The big lie of, "Oh you're getting a $200K college education for free" is dying on the vine.

Think of it like this: A kid on academic scholarship can make money tutoring other kids. A kid on a music scholarship can teach music lessons for money on the side and can put out their own music for sale. But a kid on an athletic scholarship has been prevented from "benefiting from their own likeness" (meaning they cannot sell autographs, get paid for appearances, etc.) and cannot financially benefit from their talent in any way. (can't teach football lessons to middle school kids, etc.)

U said there is little to no difference between a college and NFL athlete but I would consider living in a dorm with little to no money vs buying a house, having millions, and supporting your whole family a huge difference.

My initial point was that once a player enters the portal it's going to be rare that he withdraws his name from it and returns to the same school. If u would have read my whole statement I said that amateurism in the NCAA is coming to an end.

Advertisement
This topic is a really dumb conversation. Cade was asked to leave. He will find somewhere to play wether it’s power 5, FIU or Florida Tech. JT is also a different situation cause he played for the worst offensive coach of all time.

This topic is a really dumb conversation. Cade was asked to leave. He will find somewhere to play wether it’s power 5, FIU or Florida Tech. JT is also a different situation cause he played for the worst offensive coach of all time.
When did Diaz or Enos tell you Weldon was asked to leave?

Advertisement
Back