What happens with these transfers like Cade Weldon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Already addressed this. Scroll up.

Yea saw it.

Yea it should be case by case is my point

But honestly I can’t ever remember another player who transferred and came back in the same off season.

I’m not even sure what actual story is
Like did he officially transfer to Illinois then transfer back? And if so why is he eligible right away?

Yea saw it.

Yea it should be case by case is my point

But honestly I can’t ever remember another player who transferred and came back in the same off season.

I’m not even sure what actual story is
Like did he officially transfer to Illinois then transfer back? And if so why is he eligible right away?

Nah, nothing was official. Was still taking classes at UM and only signed for financial aid at Illinois.

Advertisement
Just me, but if a player put his name in the portal then tried to come back in my locker room he'd have a hard time earning back my respect and trust.
That’s a fan perspective. All these athletes understand it’s a business. I get what u saying tho. U gotta do what’s best for you especially given how lopsided the game is. As far as a coach can sign a contract and still bounce and not honor it. But kids are tied to a LOI

Advertisement
I think the situation differs from player to player in regards to the locker room. A guy who enters the portal because he knows he has no chance of playing would likely be understood by teammates. A guy who had a chance to contribute but chose to leave might not get the same response. Everyone knew Thomas wanted to transfer because of his issues with the previous offensive staff. They all got ****canned so Thomas wanted back. He didn't want out of Miami, he wanted away from Duggans and Richt.

Advertisement
Speaking of Ezzard, it seems he petitioned for a waiver to play right away, too. I saw a bunch of posts claiming Ezzard should have his waiver cleared
Both his HC & position coach were pushed out. I'm fine with it. Only thing is it is an inner conference transfer in the same division. Tricky.

Advertisement
Back