Off-Topic What Happens To Ds If Rs Take Back House?

Advertisement
Progressives tend to double down.

I would like to see Schiff brought in for his role as he really abused his power with misleading and false statements. Giving anything to him is a step backwards or sideways.

Personally, I would love to see the squad alienated I don’t care how they do it. Bad for the country.

We need to get back to where neither side sees the world coming to an end should they not prevail. Civility, integrity, and at least a little more honesty. Call it professionalism.

Both sides would have to be in on cleaning up institutions to restore integrity. Without that polarization will remain. And can we clean up separating ourselves based on…anything?

Wish list lol could go on forever
Dream a little dream.

I agree in theory, but in practice, how do most of the "Progressives" walk back their position? Think Bernie, Pocahontas, the Squad, Khanna, et al.
As Empirical pointed out, only about half (maybe less) of Dem House members are part of the Progressive caucus. And many of them are not died in the wool, hard-liners.

Remember when a good number of Rs were all for the Path To Citizenship for illegals? Wasn't Rubio one of that crew? That's no longer even brought up.

Of course, the Sanders' folks and Squad aren't gonna change but ... the rest, especially thiose who just squeaked by? Voters have short memories, especially if they are inclined to like you to begin with.

Until the media actually starts holding them accountable, we'll just get more poor leadership. They think they're helping, but they're actually hurting long term.

I agree, because the media is just a division of the democratic party that reports to DNC headquarters.

They will naturally be upset at the results, and will be looking for a way to strengthen and support the Democratic side so that it doesn’t happen again.

For decades it’s never been about journalism, it’s been about manipulating the populace for their ends. (See the 4 year long Russian collusion hoax or junior’s laptop prior to 2020 election)

I agree, because the media is just a division of the democratic party that reports to DNC headquarters.

They will naturally be upset at the results, and will be looking for a way to strengthen and support the Democratic side so that it doesn’t happen again.

For decades it’s never been about journalism, it’s been about manipulating the populace for their ends. (See the 4 year long Russian collusion hoax or junior’s laptop prior to 2020 election)

Advertisement
As Empirical pointed out, only about half (maybe less) of Dem House members are part of the Progressive caucus. And many of them are not died in the wool, hard-liners.

Remember when a good number of Rs were all for the Path To Citizenship for illegals? Wasn't Rubio one of that crew? That's no longer even brought up.

Of course, the Sanders' folks and Squad aren't gonna change but ... the rest, especially thiose who just squeaked by? Voters have short memories, especially if they are inclined to like you to begin with.
Those “good number of R’s” were operating on a belief that was fed to them by party pollsters, that you had to move left on immigration to get the Hispanic vote. It’s no longer brought up bc it will get them primaried.

Their constituency never agreed with that and they have now found out, that neither has the Hispanic voter.

I am going to respectfully disagree. Of the members I am familiar with, none are going to moderate, they would lose their "street cred" in the blue states at least.

Honestly, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, , Bernie, DNC Chairman all can go away now

If Rs take Congress, I don't blame Progressives either

It's entire Dem Leadership or lack of that would caused the losses
Respectfully disagree.

Biden campaigned as a moderate but has acted as a "progressive", because his party pushed him that way. Remember the "progressives" originally wanted a $4T spending bill, and Biden backed that idea. The poorly worded "Inflation Reduction Act" was another "progressive" priority.

Respectfully disagree.

Biden campaigned as a moderate but has acted as a "progressive", because his party pushed him that way. Remember the "progressives" originally wanted a $4T spending bill, and Biden backed that idea. The poorly worded "Inflation Reduction Act" was another "progressive" priority.

Well, Biden is leader of the party

I just thought Progressives were awful quiet this time around

I mean entire Dem Leadership didn't have any united messaging

Advertisement

What issues do they have that have wide popularity right now? They've been beating the abortion drum like the Energizer Bunny on amphetamines.

Actually they have a very united message if you’ve been paying attention the last few days.

This comes from the very top: Biden, Clyburn, democratic party leaders, and their most well-known politicians. And you know what that united message is?

That if you vote Republican you are voting for the end of the world, a fascist takeover, you are literally voting against democracy if you vote Republican.

Have you not been paying attention?

And please don’t tell me that’s just “politics“. Those are actual warring words, they’re basically a call to arms. Speech like that results in violence. They may just reap what they sow if they keep up that kind of rhetoric.

Those “good number of R’s” were operating on a belief that was fed to them by party pollsters, that you had to move left on immigration to get the Hispanic vote. It’s no longer brought up bc it will get them primaried.

Their constituency never agreed with that and they have now found out, that neither has the Hispanic voter.
My point is politicians change positions pretty easily. As you say, GOP pols in this instance had their policy position dictated by weather vane pollsters.

Trump was once a Pro-Choice Democrat, Reagan, Rubio a host of Rs wanted amnesty for illegals and more, after the Kansas debacle all sorts of GOP candidates took down their strict anti-abortion stuff, McCarthy led debt limit battles against Obama and now Biden yet did nothing of the kind when Trump was in office, Bolduc was an election denier until he won the GOP nomination , etc etc.

My point is politicians change positions like the wind. Trump was once a Pro-Choice Democrat, Reagan, Rubio a host of Rs wanted amnesty for illegals and more, after the Kansas debacle all sorts of GOP candidates took down their strict anti-abortion stuff, McCarthy led debt limit battles against Obama and now Biden yet did nothing of the kind when Trump was in office, Bolduc was an election denier until he won the GOP nomination , etc etc.
Crist was touting his 100% rating from the American Conservative Union until Rubio beat him in the primaries.

Advertisement
What issues do they have that have wide popularity right now? They've been beating the abortion drum like the Energizer Bunny on amphetamines.

Crime (R) vs. Antifa/BLM/progressive prosecutors (D)

Inflation (R) vs. Environment (D)

Parent Rights (R) vs. Teachers rights (D)

Open states/schools (R) vs. Lockdowns (D)

Abortion is polling at less than 5%, LGBTQ rights arent even registering.

Au contraire mon frere, Bernie and Pocahontas havent been quiet, and there has been a lot of support for Caveman, Barnes, et al.

The only saving grace for R's is that despite having deeply flawed candidates, the D's nominated just as flawed, maybe even more flawed candidates. I am thinking of Caveman, Barnes, Hobbs, Abrams, et al.

The one "progressive" that has gone quiet is Newsom, because he has presidency aspirations.

Crime (R) vs. Antifa/BLM/progressive prosecutors (D)

Inflation (R) vs. Environment (D)

Parent Rights (R) vs. Teachers rights (D)

Open states/schools (R) vs. Lockdowns (D)

Abortion is polling at less than 5%, LGBTQ rights arent even registering.
That's it, it's easier to attack the incumbent than it is to defend.

Advertisement
Au contraire mon frere, Bernie and Pocahontas havent been quiet, and there has been a lot of support for Caveman, Barnes, et al.

The only saving grace for R's is that despite having deeply flawed candidates, the D's nominated just as flawed, maybe even more flawed candidates. I am thinking of Caveman, Barnes, Hobbs, Abrams, et al.

The one "progressive" that has gone quiet is Newsom, because he has presidency aspirations.
Also... AOC and the squad were mostly quiet during the campaigning ... but that's because AOC was busy hitting on Elon and trying to fix her horse teeth.

Today she's trying to boost some support for the Wicked Witch of the East... Hochul...

Advertisement
Back