Off-Topic What Happens To Ds If Rs Take Back House?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Does Schiff rise to be House Minority Leader because Pelosi presides over not one, but two Speakership losses in her career?

I'm guessing the Jayapal tribe are going to get their knives out for Nancy starting tomorrow morning...

IF Rs take Senate, does this embolden AOC to challenge Chucky more and more, eventually leading to his ouster 6 years from now?

Advertisement
She's using it as cover...

Nancy Pelosi says husband's attack will impact her retirement decision

Does Schiff rise to be House Minority Leader because Pelosi presides over not one, but two Speakership losses in her career?

I'm guessing the Jayapal tribe are going to get their knives out for Nancy starting tomorrow morning...

IF Rs take Senate, does this embolden AOC to challenge Chucky more and more, eventually leading to his ouster 6 years from now?
I think that the Progressives will be blamed, and rightly so, for the oncoming debacle tonight. That means many craven Dem House members who retain their seats will suddenly "find Jesus" (not literally) and try to become Moderates again for their 2024 runs.

I think that the Progressives will be blamed, and rightly so, for the oncoming debacle tonight. That means many craven Dem House members who retain their seats will suddenly "find Jesus" (not literally) and try to become Moderates again for their 2024 runs.
It's a progressive party, what do you expect?

Advertisement
Strong points.

Progressive Caucus has ~100 members (might change going into new Congress Jan 23) and stand at just under 50% of total Ds in House. I believe every single member of CAs House delegation are members and most of NY's.

If Ds get washed out AND Progressive douches hold their percentages vis a vis total Ds in House, I believe Jayapal will try to personally stab Pelosi on Capitol's steps...either politely or open warfare. Watch Schiff make moves that he thinks are unseen, but he's suvh a fuqtard, people read him like a leaflet.

It will be good for the country to see Progressives push everyone else out of D Party because it will either lead to their political destruction or we just get to fighting and settle it that way.

I'm most fascinated by this sub-plot than anything else.

Advertisement
Honestly, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, , Bernie, DNC Chairman all can go away now

If Rs take Congress, I don't blame Progressives either

It's entire Dem Leadership or lack of that would caused the losses
Schumer getting another 6 years. Schiff another 2.

Does Pelosi retire in shame or get thrown out in shame?

You know who are the most worried about tomorrow and into January?

Pelosi's staffers....

Honestly, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, , Bernie, DNC Chairman all can go away now

If Rs take Congress, I don't blame Progressives either

It's entire Dem Leadership or lack of that would caused the losses
Until the media actually starts holding them accountable, we'll just get more poor leadership. They think they're helping, but they're actually hurting long term.

Strong points.

Progressive Caucus has ~100 members (might change going into new Congress Jan 23) and stand at just under 50% of total Ds in House. I believe every single member of CAs House delegation are members and most of NY's.

If Ds get washed out AND Progressive douches hold their percentages vis a vis total Ds in House, I believe Jayapal will try to personally stab Pelosi on Capitol's steps...either politely or open warfare. Watch Schiff make moves that he thinks are unseen, but he's suvh a fuqtard, people read him like a leaflet.

It will be good for the country to see Progressives push everyone else out of D Party because it will either lead to their political destruction or we just get to fighting and settle it that way.

It'll be amazing to see how quickly many of those 100+ ultra-liberal members now tack to the Center. Job preservation will be the big motivator. Personally, I do not think the majority of those 100 hold deep ideological views. It was just the "way to go" at the time. Not hard to subtly change over the next few years. Pols of both parties do it all the time. "You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Strong points.

Progressives tend to double down.

I would like to see Schiff brought in for his role as he really abused his power with misleading and false statements. Giving anything to him is a step backwards or sideways.

Personally, I would love to see the squad alienated I don’t care how they do it. Bad for the country.

We need to get back to where neither side sees the world coming to an end should they not prevail. Civility, integrity, and at least a little more honesty. Call it professionalism.

Both sides would have to be in on cleaning up institutions to restore integrity. Without that polarization will remain. And can we clean up separating ourselves based on…anything?

Wish list lol could go on forever

It'll be amazing to see how quickly many of those 100+ ultra-liberal members now tack to the Center. Job preservation will be the big motivator. Personally, I do not think the majority of those 100 hold deep ideological views. It was just the "way to go" at the time. Not hard to subtly change over the next few years. Pols of both parties do it all the time. "You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows."

I agree in theory, but in practice, how do most of the "Progressives" walk back their position? Think Bernie, Pocahontas, the Squad, Khanna, et al.

Advertisement
Back