What happened to the Wizard's Den as a title?

Advertisement
I thought it was for this guy

1646336500273.png

Advertisement
Less than 30 mentions in 10 years and most of those mentions are discussing whether the name would attract KKK traffic. We want the board to grow and a name change will help with that.

Advertisement
Less than 30 mentions in 10 years and most of those mentions are discussing whether the name would attract KKK traffic. We want the board to grow and a name change will help with that.

If we were in a room together, I'd smooth-talk you with diplomacy and salesmanship. But this is this internet and the internet sucks so I am just going to say it. It feels like you want the $ite to grow, everything else be damned. "Mentions" is a silly metric for the title of a particular board. Do you say the address of your house every time you walk through the door? Do you not think that 90% of Miami Baseball fans that visit this board don't recognize and appreciate the homage to Fraser each time they click? Or if they don't its an opportunity for them to find out about it. We're talking about a UM GOD. You just took a bite out of the soul of the program, at least as far as it concerns its relationship to this site.

I get it's a business, but SMART BUSINESS is to not lose the valuable connections and associations that are the DNA of our programs, of our history, of this U. They are INVALUABLE. I am sure there's a compromise out there, without whitewashing away the Fraser connotation.

You're going to turn this into the McMiami board, you're going to lose that deep insider DNA that makes it special (insider to the U, not cliques), and you're going to create opportunities for someone to come else along and take away market share by taking those who care about these deep connections to the U and get sick of these whitewashes. The network Miami sites are generic. Don't lose your special sauce.

Imagine if they had whitewashed away the "Mark Light" name from the stadium when A-Rod made his donation. That's what you guys just did here. It's shameful. And sad. And the type of thing the owner of a college site that didn't go to the college would do.

Obviously if I am taking the time to write this, its because I care. Please take it that way.

#thewizardsden (mention).

Mentions seem irrelevant. It’s the same crowd on the board, before and after the name change. The board isn’t going to grow unless the team starts to win.

Advertisement
Mentions seem irrelevant. It’s the same crowd on the board, before and after the name change. The board isn’t going to grow unless the team starts to win.
Yeah, the goal is to increase the crowd. The board shouldn't be a private club. Winning is the only way to grow the board, making it ore discoverable can also create growth.

edit: Winning isn't the only way to grow a board

Last edited:
If we were in a room together, I'd smooth-talk you with diplomacy and salesmanship. But this is this internet and the internet sucks so I am just going to say it. It feels like you want the $ite to grow, everything else be damned. "Mentions" is a silly metric for the title of a particular board. Do you say the address of your house every time you walk through the door? Do you not think that 90% of Miami Baseball fans that visit this board don't recognize and appreciate the homage to Fraser each time they click? Or if they don't its an opportunity for them to find out about it. We're talking about a UM GOD. You just took a bite out of the soul of the program, at least as far as it concerns its relationship to this site.

I get it's a business, but SMART BUSINESS is to not lose the valuable connections and associations that are the DNA of our programs, of our history, of this U. They are INVALUABLE. I am sure there's a compromise out there, without whitewashing away the Fraser connotation.

You're going to turn this into the McMiami board, you're going to lose that deep insider DNA that makes it special (insider to the U, not cliques), and you're going to create opportunities for someone to come else along and take away market share by taking those who care about these deep connections to the U and get sick of these whitewashes. The network Miami sites are generic. Don't lose your special sauce.

Imagine if they had whitewashed away the "Mark Light" name from the stadium when A-Rod made his donation. That's what you guys just did here. It's shameful. And sad. And the type of thing the owner of a college site that didn't go to the college would do.

Obviously if I am taking the time to write this, its because I care. Please take it that way.

The "Wizards Den" has less post then the COVID board, despite being five times the age. Our demographics would have mostly never watched a Fraser coached team. It doesn't mean it can't be our DNA or however your describe it. It just means it isn't what we want on our front door.

Advertisement
The "Wizards Den" has less post then the COVID board, despite being five times the age. Our demographics would have mostly never watched a Fraser coached team. It doesn't mean it can't be our DNA or however your describe it. It just means it isn't what we want on our front door.
Smart move. If anything more people will know who Fraser is now, that the board is named after him. Most Cane fans under the age of 35 will not understand the wizard den reference and may now actually google who Fraser is. If posters actually want to bring more attention to Fraser, this is the way to do it.

E.N.D O.F S.T.O.R.Y.....(Best Post I've read on CIS since I can't remember)

@Andrew ....are you seriously equating the KKK with The Wizard??....(Fraser)

Advertisement
Back